Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    COMC Negative Feedback Rising
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

COMC Negative Feedback Rising
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
Getting hit with higher than usual feedback for shipping delays.

Anyone have any insight to what the deal is? I have some orders nearly a month old that have yet to be assigned tracking numbers.

Contacted support and all I basically got was thank you for your patience. I realize that shipping services have been in a jam but this problem seems more internal.

Posts: 4848 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Funny you mention that as I just got done sending a couple of emails to COMC customer service yesterday afternoon. I have 2 outstanding orders (from September 7th) that I’ve not received (nor have I received any packing and/or shipping notices? Combined, the orders represent +325 cards costing several hundred dollars - as you might imagine, I’m starting to get a bit nervous. What I find really strange, is that after I sent them my initial email asking ‘what’s going on?’ I received a reply from one of their customer service reps who confirmed that my orders will eventually be fulfilled, but he couldn’t tell me when that would happen - please be patient. Then a few hours later, no less than 6 automated, system generated emails (dated 12/28) stating that my orders are being pulled and will be packed on 12/6, 12/7, and 12/9? Then I received 3 additional emails stating that they will be shipped out on those same dates. Also, the order numbers were the same on all 6 emails? COMC won’t answer their phone - you just get a voicemail saying to email them. I’m about ready to dispute the charges to my credit card until I find out what’s going on and the issue gets cleared up. Very frustrating to say the least...I understand the COVID situation and the fact that the wheels have flown off of the USPS has caused some lengthy shipping delays, but at the same time it’s been nearly 4 months and I paid for ‘expedited’ shipping! Crazy times...

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Interesting, I didn't realize shipping delays have hit their eBay sales. For a long time (months) people have been complaining about shipping delays for shipments bought off of COMC, but eBay sales were still shipping on time. Seems that is changing.

COMC has been less than transparent about whatever is happening continuously using the 'because covid' excuse, which in my opinion stopped holding water about 3-4 months ago. So far I haven't seen anyone complain about not getting their stuff (after months and months of waiting). . .

But they are starting to rack up negative feedback on eBay, which is not good for a major consignor, and they are ticking off Upper Deck ePack buyers. . . UD and eBay are some pretty big fish to upset.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
COMC was a mess before COVID and that just made it exponentially worse. They keep using it as an excuse and do not appear to be making any strides to get out from under the backlog. Have seen people saying that their ebay sales are now taking longer to ship.

Real shame because it was a good alternative to ebay but it does not appear they were designed to handle the growth or wanted to spend the resources to be able to handle it. Their lack of customer support is a perfect example.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure if this helps anyone, but it looks like COMC is posting when orders are shipping from the backlog on their blog:

https://blog.comc.com/

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Real shame because it was a good alternative to ebay but it does not appear they were designed to handle the growth or wanted to spend the resources to be able to handle it. Their lack of customer support is a perfect example.

That is the trouble with good ideas, they must have a sustainable business model or their success hits a tipping point and then falls off a cliff. They aren't prepared to handle all the business generated as time goes on unless they invest in it and upgrade the system.

In the beginning its easy because its all incoming business, but now how are they storing all these cards and keeping all the account paperwork straight? And conducting sales and retrieved cards?

Not saying there is anything wrong at COMC, because I don't know, but of course they are less than transparent. All businesses are until they are forced to fess up by something. Its how it works. If they are still a viable marketplace they will keep going, to some degree the COVID situation has hurt everyone.

However, and this is just my own opinion, I would never trust a third party to physically hold anything of mine for safekeeping if it had value to me. COMC is not a FDIC protected Bank. Don't store more than you can afford to lose seems like reasonable advice to me.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of aeolus14ummbra
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify my earlier post - I ordered directly from COMC, not off of eBay. I also noticed this morning that they have closed their Comments section on the website - perhaps due to all of the negative comments being posted? It's kind of a shame though; I've enjoyed ordering from them in the past and have gotten a lot of cards for a good price. Again, I understand they're (obviously) having difficulties - most businesses are these days. However, running away from a problem is not the answer, nor is making trite comments like 'be patient' very useful without backing it up with something other than radio silence - especially when money is involved - either money that was paid in good faith for something they haven't yet received, or the value of items sent in for consignment. That's no way to run a business IMO.

Posts: 285 | Location: Dallas, TX USA | Registered: July 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by aeolus14ummbra:
Just to clarify my earlier post - I ordered directly from COMC, not off of eBay. I also noticed this morning that they have closed their Comments section on the website - perhaps due to all of the negative comments being posted? It's kind of a shame though; I've enjoyed ordering from them in the past and have gotten a lot of cards for a good price. Again, I understand they're (obviously) having difficulties - most businesses are these days. However, running away from a problem is not the answer, nor is making trite comments like 'be patient' very useful without backing it up with something other than radio silence - especially when money is involved - either money that was paid in good faith for something they haven't yet received, or the value of items sent in for consignment. That's no way to run a business IMO.

Was just saying that for added information. I used to purchase from them early on. Haven't made a purchase since 2012 or so. My biggest issue was how you had to pre-fund your account. They are holding all of that money, making interest off of it until it is used. That is an additional revenue stream for them that should be utilized to fix their infrastructure, not pad their pockets.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:

My biggest issue was how you had to pre-fund your account.

Pre-funding is super annoying, especially since you can't make an offer on a card unless you have the funds in your account. I've passed on cards because I didn't want to have a bunch of money sitting in COMC if the offer was refused. I realize that you can get a refund, but that annoyance is enough to prevent me from putting much money in COMC.

If there is a plus for me it is that pre-funding helps with budgeting.