Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
 Login/Join

Picture of Ribeyespud
posted
I haven't been interested in cards in a very long time as most to me has a "Been there done that" feel to them. I do enjoy history and am a HUGE fan of Sherlock Holmes so I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Can't wait to hear about inserts as I am sure they will be something historical and amazing. Does anyone have anymore news on what inserts there will be?

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Cult-Stuff has their sell sheet up on their site:

http://cult-stuff.com/wp-conte...erlock-SellSheet.jpg

I did 12 cards (the one shown in the bottom-middle of Sherlock in the tux with the quote is mine). I believe they will be the parallel set, or that's what they were originally produced for... One quote card for each story in Doyle's "Memoirs" novel.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi
I have seen a facebook page giving the opportunity to win a free exclusive promo card set. may interest you
www.facebook.com/nonsporttradingcardsuk

Posts: 7 | Location: Uk | Registered: April 09, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
Can't wait for this set. Thanks for the link and hope I get one of your sketches Scott!

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Loads of new information on this set can now be found on the Cult-Stuff website and on the facebook page. Thumb Up

C'mon Watson. Elephant

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has this come out yet ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't think so. The dealer I buy from said he was expecting it a week or so ago but had not had anything yet.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Cult Stuff posted this on Facebook on April 28th when someone asked if it was coming out on schedule:

"No but it is very very close, I am putting more of these together along with variants on the reds. It is honestly not far off now, but we have added a lot of expensive stuff so it should be worth the wait. I think you will be very pleased with some of the extra stuff we have shoehorned into the product! Will get more images up today/tomorrow! We really want to get as much in as we can, so we keep adding stuff, and we have had to ask get a few replacement sketches as some have unfortunately not been suitable for release."

No updates since then.

Posts: 1186 | Location: USA | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I spoke to a dealer today who does all Cult Stuff, and he had no news on a release date

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
Cult-Stuff said on Facebook that this is now "shipping".

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone see the cards yet ?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
One online dealer lists July 30th as the release date.

Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
I received my cases this morning, so they should start to appear in the usual place soon.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what the 2 levels of puzzle chase are, and how tough they are to assemble ? Also, are there any other chase cards other than relics and sketches ?

Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
There is a 9 card puzzle chase set, a 3 card mini chase set, case card, Dr. Conan Doyle chase card & an expansion card from the Victorian set numbered 24.

All are inserted one set or chase card per case, and each case has 4 base sets.

Dave.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So one case gets you all of the above ?

What is the case card ?

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This product is now out and on the auction site, looks really nice. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
I did 12 cards with Holmes/Watson with quotes of the fronts of the cards. One is pictured on the sell sheet. Were these included in the set or inserts? I stopped doing work for Cult-Stuff do to very poor follow-up on their side, curious if my cards were included or dropped...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Sci-FiPlanet
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:
I did 12 cards with Holmes/Watson with quotes of the fronts of the cards. One is pictured on the sell sheet. Were these included in the set or inserts? I stopped doing work for Cult-Stuff do to very poor follow-up on their side, curious if my cards were included or dropped...

Your quote cards are in the basic set as I said they would be when we talked about them more than a year ago. There is no doubt we have had some massive issues with the move among other things, the fact it has taken us more than 7 months to get this set out is unusual for us. I know you worked on a number of our projects without problems. It's unfortunate as I personally have always been a great fan of your illustrations and it will be a shame to have the next Sherlock set out without your work included.

You will of course be getting a box of stuff from us shortly.

Posts: 884 | Location: UK | Registered: October 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of SHouseman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:

Your quote cards are in the basic set as I said they would be when we talked about them more than a year ago. There is no doubt we have had some massive issues with the move among other things, the fact it has taken us more than 7 months to get this set out is unusual for us. I know you worked on a number of our projects without problems. It's unfortunate as I personally have always been a great fan of your illustrations and it will be a shame to have the next Sherlock set out without your work included.

You will of course be getting a box of stuff from us shortly.

I appreciate being a part of many of your sets, it was a highlight seeing my cards printed in sets and as promos. I was told my 12 cards would be a subset or parallel set, so thanks for the answer on that.

I know the move was difficult. But as this is the first you've responded to me in 9 months, I'll say this: in the future, please respond to your artists and customers in a timely manner. I know your sets will still be greatly successful, as you can see I still advertised them and passed on any communication I saw (see above). But, there are many people on sites waiting on redemptions or art payments for months. My waiting 5 months for payment for my sketch work is a stretch. We last communicated in November 2013 but I was not paid until Jan 2014 without a note or apology.

Thanks for the opportunities!