Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/2937026966

March 14, 2014, 12:45 PM
Ribeyespud
Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes
I haven't been interested in cards in a very long time as most to me has a "Been there done that" feel to them. I do enjoy history and am a HUGE fan of Sherlock Holmes so I have been looking forward to this for a long time. Can't wait to hear about inserts as I am sure they will be something historical and amazing. Does anyone have anymore news on what inserts there will be?

April 09, 2014, 06:07 PM
SHouseman
Cult-Stuff has their sell sheet up on their site:

http://cult-stuff.com/wp-conte...erlock-SellSheet.jpg

I did 12 cards (the one shown in the bottom-middle of Sherlock in the tux with the quote is mine). I believe they will be the parallel set, or that's what they were originally produced for... One quote card for each story in Doyle's "Memoirs" novel.

April 09, 2014, 07:49 PM
tgthorn
Hi
I have seen a facebook page giving the opportunity to win a free exclusive promo card set. may interest you
www.facebook.com/nonsporttradingcardsuk
April 09, 2014, 09:53 PM
Ribeyespud
Can't wait for this set. Thanks for the link and hope I get one of your sketches Scott!

April 10, 2014, 12:08 PM
wolfie
Loads of new information on this set can now be found on the Cult-Stuff website and on the facebook page. Thumb Up

C'mon Watson. Elephant

May 29, 2014, 05:17 PM
David R
Has this come out yet ?
May 30, 2014, 04:59 AM
Triple-Frog
Don't think so. The dealer I buy from said he was expecting it a week or so ago but had not had anything yet.
May 31, 2014, 02:21 PM
SHouseman
Cult Stuff posted this on Facebook on April 28th when someone asked if it was coming out on schedule:

"No but it is very very close, I am putting more of these together along with variants on the reds. It is honestly not far off now, but we have added a lot of expensive stuff so it should be worth the wait. I think you will be very pleased with some of the extra stuff we have shoehorned into the product! Will get more images up today/tomorrow! We really want to get as much in as we can, so we keep adding stuff, and we have had to ask get a few replacement sketches as some have unfortunately not been suitable for release."

No updates since then.

June 20, 2014, 05:47 PM
David R
I spoke to a dealer today who does all Cult Stuff, and he had no news on a release date
July 11, 2014, 07:10 PM
SHouseman
Cult-Stuff said on Facebook that this is now "shipping".

July 16, 2014, 11:38 AM
David R
Anyone see the cards yet ?
July 16, 2014, 04:15 PM
SHouseman
One online dealer lists July 30th as the release date.

July 23, 2014, 07:28 AM
Blue Horseshoe
I received my cases this morning, so they should start to appear in the usual place soon.

Dave.

July 23, 2014, 12:30 PM
David R
Does anyone know what the 2 levels of puzzle chase are, and how tough they are to assemble ? Also, are there any other chase cards other than relics and sketches ?
July 23, 2014, 01:08 PM
Blue Horseshoe
There is a 9 card puzzle chase set, a 3 card mini chase set, case card, Dr. Conan Doyle chase card & an expansion card from the Victorian set numbered 24.

All are inserted one set or chase card per case, and each case has 4 base sets.

Dave.

July 23, 2014, 03:41 PM
David R
So one case gets you all of the above ?

What is the case card ?
July 23, 2014, 04:30 PM
wolfie
This product is now out and on the auction site, looks really nice. Smile

July 23, 2014, 04:49 PM
SHouseman
I did 12 cards with Holmes/Watson with quotes of the fronts of the cards. One is pictured on the sell sheet. Were these included in the set or inserts? I stopped doing work for Cult-Stuff do to very poor follow-up on their side, curious if my cards were included or dropped...

July 25, 2014, 05:39 AM
Sci-FiPlanet
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:
I did 12 cards with Holmes/Watson with quotes of the fronts of the cards. One is pictured on the sell sheet. Were these included in the set or inserts? I stopped doing work for Cult-Stuff do to very poor follow-up on their side, curious if my cards were included or dropped...

Your quote cards are in the basic set as I said they would be when we talked about them more than a year ago. There is no doubt we have had some massive issues with the move among other things, the fact it has taken us more than 7 months to get this set out is unusual for us. I know you worked on a number of our projects without problems. It's unfortunate as I personally have always been a great fan of your illustrations and it will be a shame to have the next Sherlock set out without your work included.

You will of course be getting a box of stuff from us shortly.

July 25, 2014, 06:47 AM
SHouseman
quote:
Originally posted by Sci-FiPlanet:
quote:
Originally posted by SHouseman:

Your quote cards are in the basic set as I said they would be when we talked about them more than a year ago. There is no doubt we have had some massive issues with the move among other things, the fact it has taken us more than 7 months to get this set out is unusual for us. I know you worked on a number of our projects without problems. It's unfortunate as I personally have always been a great fan of your illustrations and it will be a shame to have the next Sherlock set out without your work included.

You will of course be getting a box of stuff from us shortly.

I appreciate being a part of many of your sets, it was a highlight seeing my cards printed in sets and as promos. I was told my 12 cards would be a subset or parallel set, so thanks for the answer on that.

I know the move was difficult. But as this is the first you've responded to me in 9 months, I'll say this: in the future, please respond to your artists and customers in a timely manner. I know your sets will still be greatly successful, as you can see I still advertised them and passed on any communication I saw (see above). But, there are many people on sites waiting on redemptions or art payments for months. My waiting 5 months for payment for my sketch work is a stretch. We last communicated in November 2013 but I was not paid until Jan 2014 without a note or apology.

Thanks for the opportunities!