Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr who Topps
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
The Cards have a Stamped Seal Embossed like the Old SkyBox Seal Embossed for their Autographed Cards.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I ended up with 40 of the Topps Vault Doctor Who Timeless Blank Back Cards Dance

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I see that some cards have already been put up for resale at astronomical prices.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
yes, They are.

There are Still a Ton of Bargains for this set.

Autographs, Printing Plates & The Gold 1/1s....
But Anyone on Earth can Open a Box & pull one of Those....

Topps Vault Only sells & Ships in the U.S.A.

I gave everyone a Heads Up... I didn't get Every Card I wanted..... But I got Most of Them.

Being Slabbed by Topps Vault ( with a Topps Vault C.O.A. ), I compare these to Any PSA 9.5 or 10 1/1 out there.

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Pathetic

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Snagged a Ingrid Oliver Auto #1/25

Only 3 of her Autographs have turned up on "that Other site" since this set came out 3 weeks ago..... any of her autos are hard to find. #1 & #19 out of 25 (Purple Autos) & Number 7 of 10 (Red Autos) have shown up so far.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
That's a nice one, i like that.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
latest Win!

Doctor Who Timeless Georgia Moffett Jenny Doctor's Daughter GOLD 1/1 autograph

She's Peter Davidson's Daughter & Mrs. David Tennant..... This is a Hell of a Win!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Lovely card but terrible autograph, thick marker pen and a sticker does not a good autograph make.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have come to the conclusion that I just don't know these people.

I always look at the signer list from various products and try to pick up the autograph cards of actors I like, whether from that particular title or any of their other work. Despite having such an extensive list of signers in all of these Doctor Who sets, I would be hard pressed to know 10 of those actors by sight.

I think Doctor Who must be part of a cottage industry, maybe somewhere in time. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
As a Fan (since 1975), I know these People.....

I would have passed on this one if it Wasn't Mrs. David Tennant / Peter Davidson's Daughter..... So far she has Only One episode as Jenny...She did one of the animated movies.

I Only am Interested in about 17 Autos... The Doctors, Rose, River Song, The Master, Osgood, Captain Jack, Clara, Wifred & Alonso....

Commons are way to common.... I have binders full of Autos I can't Give away.........Not that I give them away...... I have Tons of Common Autos from various releases that don't sale.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
Commons are way to common.... I have binders full of Autos I can't Give away.........Not that I give them away...... I have Tons of Common Autos from various releases that don't sale.

Everyone wants a star because that is where the most demand is that gets the highest prices, but there are common signers and there are common signers.

The guy whose holding the third spear from the left and never had a line in his biggest role is a common signer. On the other hand, some of my favorite autographs and best signature card bargains are from actors whose cards were commons in their respective sets or in other lesser known titles.

As an example here I would use Eric Roberts, because his Master autograph card is better than a common Who card and he is one of the few actors I am familiar with. Yet Roberts has signed in a couple of sets before where he would not be considered much higher than a common and is much cheaper. This product, being fairly expensive, having skipped boxes on the autograph cards and a long list of signers elevates even common signatures to a higher level. Whether or not collectors want to pay a premium price for a common just because of the product is a different subject.

Most probably would not except in cases where people are trying to complete as much as possible. Then there is a demand even for the commonest of commons because it is still needed to fill in the run.

A lot of very good and very familiar character actors and recognizable guest stars turn up as common autograph cards. Of course any card collector wants to own some of the best cards, but a true collection should be a bit more than just the best money can buy. It should reflect a certain focus and personal preference, which leaves a big space to be filled by the common card, be it the lowly base card or that common hit.

Not that I want to keep pulling common hits, because I don't. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
...As a Fan (since 1975), I know these People......

I don't have a problem with any of the actors who have signed these autograph cards. Whether collectors want to spend lots of $$$ on them is up to them to decide.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Everyone wants a star because that is where the most demand is that gets the highest prices, but there are common signers and there are common signers.

The guy whose holding the third spear from the left and never had a line in his biggest role is a common signer. On the other hand, some of my favorite autographs and best signature card bargains are from actors whose cards were commons in their respective sets or in other lesser known titles.

As an example here I would use Eric Roberts, because his Master autograph card is better than a common Who card and he is one of the few actors I am familiar with. Yet Roberts has signed in a couple of sets before where he would not be considered much higher than a common and is much cheaper. This product, being fairly expensive, having skipped boxes on the autograph cards and a long list of signers elevates even common signatures to a higher level. Whether or not collectors want to pay a premium price for a common just because of the product is a different subject.

Most probably would not except in cases where people are trying to complete as much as possible. Then there is a demand even for the commonest of commons because it is still needed to fill in the run.

A lot of very good and very familiar character actors and recognizable guest stars turn up as common autograph cards. Of course any card collector wants to own some of the best cards, but a true collection should be a bit more than just the best money can buy. It should reflect a certain focus and personal preference, which leaves a big space to be filled by the common card, be it the lowly base card or that common hit.

Not that I want to keep pulling common hits, because I don't. Big Grin

I agree.... Eric Robert is one I Like. All of the Master Autographed Cards are on my List.

I rarely try to Complete a Set anywhere near this Big.

I think that this set is Vastly Under valued!

Auto Printing plate are usually 1/2 the Price of a Case! That's INSANE!

The Gold Autos 1/1 are All Over the Place....Some Good Bargains to be Had... these also are usually the Price of a Case or Less....

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's James Corden's autograph card from the upcoming set (host of The Late Late Show):

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Might have to add that one to my list.... My Mom likes him.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
A Few Exclusives have Popped up.....maybe Gold Foil

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I Got The Gold 1/1 David Tennant!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Very nice Smile

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Very nice Smile

But it's got the same sticker as all the other cards just a bit of gold and a number stamped on it! These are cheap and lazy Variant cards to produce - Now if it was a 1/1 picture then a different matter.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post