Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr who Topps
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Have there been any other promos for this or the prior Dr. Who set ?

In another section of Card Talk there was discussion of cards in a recent DVD, but I think someone said they were just 3 common cards from the set

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
I put in the discussion about the cards. Regular cards in DVD.

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So are these cards in the Sonic Screwdriver just 3 select common cards, as well, or unique promos ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Topps posted information them on their Topps Star Wars Facebook page. They show photos of the fronts, and say they are exclusive promos. So, in answer to your question - I do not know!

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The BBC USA also has details in their online shop and at least 1 sonic screwdriver has made it to the usual site at an inflated price.

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
David

Not when the BBC shop sells it for $29.98 plus shipping. I would like the cards but the shipping is $17.95 plus the dreaded duty when it arrives in the UK.

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Topps just announced

&

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has there ever been a set with a signer list this massive? Eek And yet autographs will probably still be 4-5 per case. Twak

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
If it Helps Ingrid Oliver said she Signed 600 Stickers.....

But No Way of knowing if they will all be used
in this set.... I can see a few used for a signed triple card.

plus there were about 6-7 autos per cases last set.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
John, I was joking

I emailed the seller and asked what the backs of the cards looked like. He said that he did not know, that he wouldn't have the cards for another week or so

David

Ooops, apologies I should have realised with the "smiley" being shown.

regards

John

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Bit Of News from Darth Von Ohlen.......

ALL AUTOGRAPHS ARE SEQUENTIALLY NUMBERED.

All of Them!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
the Sonic Screwdriver Doctor Who Timeless Promos are NOT the regular cards from the set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Full Doctor Who Timeless checklist is now available: http://www.beckett.com/news/20...rading-card-details/

Final autograph tally -- 78 signers. And that's after a handful who were slated at some point didn't make the final cut (including David Morrissey).

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Huh, oddly enough the two I wanted most - Daisy Haggard and Jemma Redgrave - are two of the few that dropped off of the list.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
anyone any clue WHEN the set is released?

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Supposed to be June 15th.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RedFive
posted Hide Post
Right, the Topps Star Wars Facebook page shows that the set is out today in Hobby shops. The Facebook page has loads of photos.

Posts: 440 | Location: USA | Registered: October 15, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Card #13 has the wrong photo on it.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
From reading the breaks in another forum it appears this product may be much more "loaded" than the first set. Breakers are also speculating that there may have been much less of this produced also. Lots of 1/1 cards being pulled from boxes and cases.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
From reading the breaks in another forum it appears this product may be much more "loaded" than the first set. Breakers are also speculating that there may have been much less of this produced also. Lots of 1/1 cards being pulled from boxes and cases.

Not surprised, the first set disappointed quite a few collectors judging by the comments I've seen posted. I did not get any boxes even though there was 5 or 6 autographs I thought were good. There was just too many signers I was not familiar with and the skipped box format meant that your box wasn't even guaranteed an autograph hit. Since that is what I am looking for, I have reluctantly learned not to pursue skip box products.

The other thing here is that they knew there would be a second set when they made the first set. Now I think a third set is farther off, if expected at all. So TOPPS is likely throwing a lot more into this one because, while it's true that sticker autographs can be used in any appropriate title, many of these actors are best known by Dr. Who fans. So it's not like you can hold many signatures for other titles.

Just my take on it, I'm still staying out of this one, but it does look more appealing for Who fans.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post