Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr who Topps
 Login/Join

posted
Any news on the dr who by topps usa hobby release? i need loads of it.

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I may be being unduly pessimistic here but I would be surprised if this ever makes an appearance. The release date has been put back at least twice and the current date of May 1st is obviously not going to happen.

I reckon they have hit the same roadblock of BBC approvals that scuppered previous attempts by Inkworks etc.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MarcG
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I may be being unduly pessimistic here but I would be surprised if this ever makes an appearance. The release date has been put back at least twice and the current date of May 1st is obviously not going to happen.

I reckon they have hit the same roadblock of BBC approvals that scuppered previous attempts by Inkworks etc.

I wonder... the last I saw was TBA as a date.

Posts: 1595 | Location: USA | Registered: August 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

It's interesting as the images look the same as the Attax cards

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
It's interesting as the images look the same as the Attax cards

That is exactly what has put me off pre-ordering any of it. I'd much rather see images from the episodes.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
A licensing issue could be the reason. We have had no more Alien Attax (Dr Who) sets since 2013 over in the UK either or any more sticker sets.

That said Topps did release Turbo Attax (Top Gear) recently over here but I guess that could be something too do with differences in the licensing between the two BBC shows.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
apparently the official word is this was a set they planned to release and might do it in the future. so its not happening. i wasn't too keen on the parallel aspect anyway

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.

Posts: 167 | Location: uk | Registered: December 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
It makes more sense to release a set when the show is airing new episodes, that's what has usually happened on the sets released in the UK.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The latest word from Topps is that they are shooting for a Fall 2015 release.

Posts: 26 | Location: San Jose, CA | Registered: July 03, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I GIVE UP ON TOPPS..... WASTE OF TIME with this WILL THEY, WON'T THEY ****.........

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Your anger is misdirected it is well known the BBC is the problem nots Topps. Roll Eyes

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Your anger is misdirected it is well known the BBC is the problem nots Topps. Roll Eyes

Getting info out of Topps is like asking my Wife what she Wants for Diner!

They Promised Info on their Page BEFORE Star Wars MASTERWORK was released.......MONTHS AGO!

Still with the NADA!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Why wait, there are plenty of Dr Who sets that have been released in the UK, all of which have been really nice and well done.

if you are intrested in these let me know. Wavey

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I have most of those,

The New set was going to cover Classic & Nu Who...

Autographs & Cut cards from those who have passed........

Dual Autos.... yada yada yada

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was talking, in-person, to a Topps rep. this week. He said essentially that they now expect Dr. Who to release around the middle of November.

He was very excited about the product itself, said they've added some things....and he's pretty 'certain' of this November date, as the ducks have been falling all in a row for awhile, with just a few more to go (laughing).

He was, of course, apologetic about all the delays..I wish I could express in words the grimacing he did with his face....he said it's just been plain awful trying to get this done.

Posts: 622 | Location: Boston, MA USA | Registered: December 28, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Byrna:
I was talking, in-person, to a Topps rep. this week. He said essentially that they now expect Dr. Who to release around the middle of November.

He was very excited about the product itself, said they've added some things....and he's pretty 'certain' of this November date, as the ducks have been falling all in a row for awhile, with just a few more to go (laughing).

He was, of course, apologetic about all the delays..I wish I could express in words the grimacing he did with his face....he said it's just been plain awful trying to get this done.

Did he say which year Big Grin . And as for ducks falling in a row one of the BBC departments is busy setting up roadblocks Smile .

Seriously I would love for this set to happen, it would be a big seller her in the UK. I just have seen all this before with other companies trying and failing to deal with the many complex copyright and inter departmental dispute problems the BBC creates.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Byrna:
November 23rd would of course be the perfect date to release any Doctor Who set Smile

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Middle of November would make sense, given that the 9th season will probably be coming to an end around then (assuming it returns to UK screens end of August/beginning of September as usual)
JR2D2 - we did have a sticker set released last year to tie into the new Doctor and Season 8. It appears to be off sale now though.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
You can still purchase stickers and album from topps UK website

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I still hope that this set comes out this year, I would love to have a proper set from Topps to add to my collection.

Posts: 36 | Location: Warwick, RI | Registered: April 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post