Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr who Topps
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
If this does come out, it diverts my funds from The Force Awakens so the selfish part of me hopes this comes out in April or so. I am actually excited about the huge base set - I collect Who autographs so there aren't a ton of signers I need (although if Ingrid Oliver signs, I have to own it), the base set will be nice to look through.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How do you get most of your signatures? It does look like a very nice set!

Posts: 36 | Location: Warwick, RI | Registered: April 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matesamo:
How do you get most of your signatures? It does look like a very nice set!

I get most of them from various conventions - I go to Chicago TARDIS every few years, and I got Matt Smith and Peter Capaldi both at Comic Con over the years. Some I got from friends in the UK at various cons (Wolfie got me two of them, I think). You can see a pic of the Capaldi autograph on my blog: http://infinitefatness.blogspot.com/

Ingrid Oliver is my current #2 Who want of living actors, after Christopher Eccleston. I need him on a Who photo, but I do have his autograph.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Card Gallery: Please note that the following images are mock-ups and not the final cards. Designs and contents are subject to change.

GOOD! MATT SMITH NEVER WORKED WITH BILLIE PIPER & NOEL CLARKE ON DOCTOR WHO!

http://www.cardboardconnection...doctor-trading-cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Stickers Razz why did it have to be stickers Shake Head . All of these actors are regulars at conventions, surely it would not have been too much effort to send someone with the cards for them to sign.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good gravy I want this set to come out so I can snag a couple boxes!

Posts: 36 | Location: Warwick, RI | Registered: April 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Stickers Razz why did it have to be stickers Shake Head . All of these actors are regulars at conventions, surely it would not have been too much effort to send someone with the cards for them to sign.

I'm glad they are stickers, it will save me from buying any. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's Topps, sticker auto's were 99.9% expected.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I like the look of the mock ups. I may be in for a few boxes. I don't mind stickers if they don't cut off the signatures.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Unpeeled stickers can be handled the same as cards, they just look a bit cheaper. If I wanted the autograph, it wouldn't bother me.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
release date 18th november

Posts: 757 | Location: london england | Registered: March 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MILLHOUSE:

LOL......

if it comes out THEN I'll be happy.

This is like the 4th release date.........

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

which year? Big Grin

Looking at the images these just look like a redo of the cards we have had over here during recent years plus some "rare" stickers.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
quote:

LOL......

if it comes out THEN I'll be happy.

This is like the 4th release date.........

I think it is highly likely to appear on the 18th, or very close to that date. Thumb Up

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

which year? Big Grin

Looking at the images these just look like a redo of the cards we have had over here during recent years plus some "rare" stickers.

A lot look like the Attax cards

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hedgehog Witch
posted Hide Post
If they have got Billie Piper to sign it must make it more likely that she might, maybe, perhaps Smile sign for Penny Dreadful.

Stickers aren't my favourite form of autograph card, but they're still official and it IS Doctor Who. I can live with it...depending on the prices, of course. Wink Smile

Posts: 422 | Location: UK | Registered: March 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Heads Up Guys..... My Distributor says Cases are now 12 Box Cases nor 8 box Cases...price also went up a Buck per box.... No Biggie

but does change my order of 20 cases to like 13.4 cases or so Unless I change it......

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Topps are now saying the release date is November 25th 2015 in hobby shops and Barnes & Noble.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Brand Manager of Doctor Who at Topps has been tweeting out images of some of the autograph cards. He said they have over 30 signers with 5 Doctors and about 10 companions, 7 duals and 3 triples. There are 15 different autographed patch cards. Here's what's been shown so far:

AUTOGRAPHED COSTUME CARD ("SUPER RARE"):

AUTOGRAPHED PATCH CARDS:

DUALS:

TRIPLE:

AUTOGRAPHED PATCH CARDS:

DUALS:

TRIPLE:

CUT SIGNATURES (3 different):

~~ WILLIAM HARTNELL (The First Doctor)
~~ PATRICK TROUGHTON (The Second Doctor)
~~ JON PERTWEE (The Third Doctor)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll keep updating my above post as images are revealed. There are 3 cut signatures also but the names haven't been announced yet.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post