Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr who Topps
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thats a good one, i like it. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm yet to get an auto, what's the point of collecting when you can't even get a face of Bo (or whatever he's called) in your £75 box to get you started, Topps should have caught up with everyone else and be giving auto per box,
also if there's 4 autos per case and your dealer as found 4 auto's with 2 boxes to open, you don't know if they are playing fair.

Posts: 1212 | Location: u.k. | Registered: February 02, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I'm yet to get an auto, what's the point of collecting when you can't even get a face of Bo (or whatever he's called) in your £75 box to get you started, Topps should have caught up with everyone else and be giving auto per box,
also if there's 4 autos per case and your dealer as found 4 auto's with 2 boxes to open, you don't know if they are playing fair.

I stumbled upon a box not long ago and, even though I knew this was a skip box product, I surrendered to the Siren's Call of all these nice looking autographs. Big mistake, got a bronze Tardis and a swatch of some actor I didn't know. Might as well have throw my money down the sewer.

No more, no mas. Big Grin I have vowed not to touch skip box products again.

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
I'm yet to get an auto, what's the point of collecting when you can't even get a face of Bo (or whatever he's called) in your £75 box to get you started, Topps should have caught up with everyone else and be giving auto per box

I could not agree more. If the releases only have a small number of signers for the product (Inkworks and Rittenhouse had a few sets like this when I first started collecting - Farscape season two, for example, only had four or five autographs IIRC) then by all means, make them 1:50 packs or whatever they are doing. But 70 signers and you can't make them one per box? Box prices are too high to take that risk.

Sports cards can operate like that because you might pull a rookie card or some in-demand player and make it worthwhile even without the high end inserts, but even though I love Peter Capaldi, I was not breaking boxes looking for his rookie card.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have the base set and most of the chase cards for this set and they are really nice. I have no intrest in stickers and patches etc so for me this release was great. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
....I stumbled upon a box not long ago and, even though I knew this was a skip box product, I surrendered to the Siren's Call of all these nice looking autographs. Big mistake, got a bronze Tardis and a swatch of some actor I didn't know. Might as well have throw my money down the sewer....

If you are just interested in autographs you would be better off getting them in person. Matt Smith and Karen Gillian will be at New York Comic-Con, and you may get to see Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie. There is also the Long Island Who convention where Davison, Baker and McGann have already been announced as guests.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:

If you are just interested in autographs you would be better off getting them in person. Matt Smith and Karen Gillian will be at New York Comic-Con, and you may get to see Peter Capaldi and Pearl Mackie. There is also the Long Island Who convention where Davison, Baker and McGann have already been announced as guests.

Thanks, I had not heard of the Who convention on LI, have to check that one out.

The NYCC is always a zoo, I go one year and it holds me for three. I'm due again next year, but I'm not sure if I'm up for it anymore. Big Grin

Posts: 10380 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Doctor Who Timeless 10x14 Posters

Not Sure if Link is allowed... but you can find them on Topps.com

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been to a dozen different Target and Best Buys in NY and NJ and have had no luck finding the 2 DVDs with the cards in them

In fact, I have never seen Dr. Who DVDs at any Target or Best Busy stores around here-- ever

Maybe he's not as popular in the States ?

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Don't go to the stores. That's a waste of time because the local stores for Target, Best Buy and Walmart have no call for those titles and may only have gotten a couple of copies, maybe none.

Just go to the online website. I have gotten some very good deals on DVDs from both Target and Walmart. Target will give you 5% off and free shipping if you use their credit card. You will find DVDs that you will never see on the racks. Just be sure in mentions cards, if that is why you are buying it. Good luck.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, but if I order any of these online there is no guarantee that they will ship me the ones with the cards

The ones depicted on these websites don't show cards, at least not the ones I have seen

Posts: 3996 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
Yes, but if I order any of these online there is no guarantee that they will ship me the ones with the cards

The ones depicted on these websites don't show cards, at least not the ones I have seen

Sorry I did just add that thought to my post. If you have no way of telling from the description or the box picture it will be problem. Try to call customer service and explain what you want. Forget about it. Big Grin

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No problem, Raven

I just checked Target on line now and don't see the Series One or Series Five with cards

I've seen the Series Five with cards on ebay but not the Series One

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Plus the Series One is like $ 55, so I can't risk it

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Snagged this One.....

Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
I bought packs of "Doctor Who Timeless" and I find the cards very cool !

And 1 parallel Green card per pack, it's fun ! Thumb Up

Kryten67 : the David Tennant autograph card ... Luv You Luv You Luv You One of autograph cards of my dreams !

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piperh33:
I bought packs of "Doctor Who Timeless" and I find the cards very cool !

And 1 parallel Green card per pack, it's fun ! Thumb Up

Kryten67 : the David Tennant autograph card ... Luv You Luv You Luv You One of autograph cards of my dreams !

Thank You, I Try Hard to get The Best Cards.
I've done the impossible, and that makes us mighty.

I Have the 1/1 Gold Autographs of Peter Davidson, David Tennant & Georgia Moffatt.

This is Very Timey-Whimey Wibbly-Wobbly!

While we've been chatting away,

I forgot to tell you: I'm brilliant.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I am not buying the New Doctor Who Boxes.

I will Hunt the Big Hits online.
Tons of Autographs (80+ signers) but Still Not an Auto per Box.

I'll be looking for 1/1 Autos and a few 1/10, 1/25... if I get a Good price on a 1/50 I MIGHT BUY, if it's a good character.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Full checklist below for the new set out this Wednesday.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post