Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Dr who Topps

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/2897096576

May 16, 2016, 09:49 AM
Tommy C
Dr who Topps
Have there been any other promos for this or the prior Dr. Who set ?

In another section of Card Talk there was discussion of cards in a recent DVD, but I think someone said they were just 3 common cards from the set
May 16, 2016, 10:49 PM
Mister E.
I put in the discussion about the cards. Regular cards in DVD.

May 17, 2016, 09:43 AM
David R
So are these cards in the Sonic Screwdriver just 3 select common cards, as well, or unique promos ?
May 17, 2016, 01:14 PM
RedFive
Topps posted information them on their Topps Star Wars Facebook page. They show photos of the fronts, and say they are exclusive promos. So, in answer to your question - I do not know!
May 17, 2016, 02:53 PM
JOHN LEVITT
The BBC USA also has details in their online shop and at least 1 sonic screwdriver has made it to the usual site at an inflated price.

regards

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

May 17, 2016, 04:57 PM
JOHN LEVITT
David

Not when the BBC shop sells it for $29.98 plus shipping. I would like the cards but the shipping is $17.95 plus the dreaded duty when it arrives in the UK.

regards

John

May 17, 2016, 07:43 PM
Kryten67
Topps just announced

&

May 17, 2016, 09:15 PM
Logan
Has there ever been a set with a signer list this massive? Eek And yet autographs will probably still be 4-5 per case. Twak
May 17, 2016, 09:24 PM
Kryten67
If it Helps Ingrid Oliver said she Signed 600 Stickers.....

But No Way of knowing if they will all be used
in this set.... I can see a few used for a signed triple card.

plus there were about 6-7 autos per cases last set.

May 18, 2016, 05:48 AM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
John, I was joking

I emailed the seller and asked what the backs of the cards looked like. He said that he did not know, that he wouldn't have the cards for another week or so

David

Ooops, apologies I should have realised with the "smiley" being shown.

regards

John

May 20, 2016, 06:15 PM
Kryten67
Bit Of News from Darth Von Ohlen.......

ALL AUTOGRAPHS ARE SEQUENTIALLY NUMBERED.

All of Them!

May 22, 2016, 10:32 PM
Kryten67
the Sonic Screwdriver Doctor Who Timeless Promos are NOT the regular cards from the set.

June 07, 2016, 03:53 PM
Ryan Cracknell
Full Doctor Who Timeless checklist is now available: http://www.beckett.com/news/20...rading-card-details/

Final autograph tally -- 78 signers. And that's after a handful who were slated at some point didn't make the final cut (including David Morrissey).

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
June 08, 2016, 09:32 AM
Jason00
Huh, oddly enough the two I wanted most - Daisy Haggard and Jemma Redgrave - are two of the few that dropped off of the list.

June 12, 2016, 08:48 AM
richnet
anyone any clue WHEN the set is released?

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.
June 12, 2016, 10:59 AM
Triple-Frog
Supposed to be June 15th.
June 15, 2016, 07:33 PM
RedFive
Right, the Topps Star Wars Facebook page shows that the set is out today in Hobby shops. The Facebook page has loads of photos.
June 17, 2016, 11:47 AM
WOMBLE
Card #13 has the wrong photo on it.
June 17, 2016, 12:38 PM
Logan
From reading the breaks in another forum it appears this product may be much more "loaded" than the first set. Breakers are also speculating that there may have been much less of this produced also. Lots of 1/1 cards being pulled from boxes and cases.
June 17, 2016, 02:09 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
From reading the breaks in another forum it appears this product may be much more "loaded" than the first set. Breakers are also speculating that there may have been much less of this produced also. Lots of 1/1 cards being pulled from boxes and cases.

Not surprised, the first set disappointed quite a few collectors judging by the comments I've seen posted. I did not get any boxes even though there was 5 or 6 autographs I thought were good. There was just too many signers I was not familiar with and the skipped box format meant that your box wasn't even guaranteed an autograph hit. Since that is what I am looking for, I have reluctantly learned not to pursue skip box products.

The other thing here is that they knew there would be a second set when they made the first set. Now I think a third set is farther off, if expected at all. So TOPPS is likely throwing a lot more into this one because, while it's true that sticker autographs can be used in any appropriate title, many of these actors are best known by Dr. Who fans. So it's not like you can hold many signatures for other titles.

Just my take on it, I'm still staying out of this one, but it does look more appealing for Who fans.