Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 15
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dr who Topps
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Don't think I'm touching these at all. Very little of interest. Especially for the expenditure required.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
I wasn't going to buy these. Had they been released at the original date I most likely would've skipped this.
Bu now that I've seen all those mock-ups I can't help but order three boxes. Just to ease my curiosity and Who-hunger.
My last last Topps product was the disappointment of Heroes S1. I strongly hope they've made some progress since then.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first American companion Daphne Ashbrook just announced...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
The first American companion Daphne Ashbrook just announced...
Strictly speaking, the second American companion. The Doctor's first American companion was Perpugilliam 'Peri' Brown. However, she was played by the British actress Nicola Bryant Smile

Trivia note: I'm pretty sure I remember Nicola getting a fun award after her initial appearance for 'Best Dressed Least Dressed First Appearance of an Assistant' following her arrival in a skimpy pink bikini in the first episode of 'Planet of Fire'. Not that that image has stuck in my mind or anything you understand Eek Roll Eyes

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kevin F,

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Eric Roberts just announced...

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great autograph just announced...Derek Jacobi:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
By my reckoning that makes the following total so far images released:-

Single Autograph 25 cards
Dual Autograph 5 cards
Triple Autograph 1 card
Autograph/Patch 7 cards
Costume 4 cards

regards

John

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

Dual Autograph 5 cards
Triple Autograph 1 card
Autograph/Patch 7 cards
Costume 4 cards

regards

John

All correct except 10 autograph/patch cards have been shown so far (plus the David Tennant auto/costume card). Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
quote:
Originally posted by JOHN LEVITT:

Dual Autograph 5 cards
Triple Autograph 2 cards
Autograph/Patch 7 cards
Costume 4 cards

regards

John

All correct except 10 autograph/patch cards have been shown so far (plus the David Tennant auto/costume card). Smile

Clearly my reckoning was a little adrift so I have corrected my list as below:-

Single Autograph 31 cards
Dual Autograph 6 cards
Triple Autograph 3 cards
Autograph/Costume 1
Autograph/Patch 10 cards
Costume 4 cards
3 cut signature cards being William Hartnell, Patrick Troughton and Jon Pertwee.

I see that the Dr Who article in NSU reveals at least 4 other signees two of which I won't list as Logan has not attached their images (I presume this will be single autograph cards) and states only 2 cut signatures but of course that may well have changed after the article was prepared.

regards

John

21st November - List updated to include the latest releases as advised by Logan and now includes the cut signature cards.

22nd November - List updated to include third cut signature card and list names of all three.

23rd November - List updated to include 2 more single autograph cards.

25th November - List updated to include Logan's latest revelations.

I presume the listing must now be complete.

John

This message has been edited. Last edited by: JOHN LEVITT,

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just announced...

Picture of Ribeyespud
posted Hide Post
Logan...you are my hope...I grew up loving Doctor Who since I was 7 years old...John Pertwee was my Doctor....I long for a great Doctor Who set and I hope this is it..thank you for sharing so much...please don't stop Smile

Posts: 177 | Location: Iowa | Registered: November 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ribeyespud:
Logan...you are my hope...I grew up loving Doctor Who since I was 7 years old...John Pertwee was my Doctor....I long for a great Doctor Who set and I hope this is it..thank you for sharing so much...please don't stop Smile

You and I both Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Second Doctor - Patrick Troughton announced as the 1st of 3 cut signature cards. Also.. here's the 2nd of 3 different triple autograph cards:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The 2nd cut signature announced is the Third Doctor - Jon Pertwee.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This dual just shown also:

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And the third and final cut signature card is the First Doctor - William Hartnell.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And it looks like this is where they'll be getting the signature from. I just checked eBay and this piece sold on October 22 for GBP 425 (approx. $647 U.S.). I have a feeling when Topps gets through doing their thing it will be worth a bit more than that. Wink The first pic below is from Topps' brand manager. The other two are from the eBay sale.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Logan,

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just announced...

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Bernard looks surprised that he has been asked to sign yet another autograph card Big Grin. Although no Orinoco card yet .

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just announced today... Metal Clap

Topps said today on their facebook page that there are 31 signers. By my count they have shown 30. I'm assuming the one left is the remaining Doctor they have yet to announce. I LOVE the fact that they got Billie Piper to sign but I'd be a bit disappointed if they didn't get Karen Gillan, especially since Topps was just recently at a convention where she was signing autographs (not to mention the fact that she was one of the autograph mock-ups). Oh well, can't win 'em all. Release date is this Wednesday. Dance