This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/2897096576

November 07, 2016, 02:03 PM
wolfie
Dr who Topps
I shall try and get the base set and the 3 insert sets. Smile

November 07, 2016, 03:12 PM
Triple-Frog
Imagine how great this set would be if the autographs were on card. Topps has lost a lot of business by using stickers for this and the higher end signers in Star Wars Masterworks.
November 07, 2016, 04:14 PM
Raven
Its not the stickers that bother me here. They actually blend in very nicely with the card design. These Dr Who cards are well done all around.

Last series I went against my own advice. I bought a box knowing it had only 2 hits when 3 types are offered. I got exactly what I deserved, a relic card and a bronze tardis medallion and no autograph of anybody.

Same thing this time, with over 60 signers and various multi-signer cards there is still no guaranteed autograph in a box. I gave in to wishful thinking last time when I knew better, not happening again.

Manufactured patches and medallions, and now these postage stamps in other products, make for nice looking cards. I'm not saying they don't, but they should be used as extra value in random packs. They should not replace or be considered as one of the premium hits. These boxes cost too much to not include at least a common autograph card, especially when you have so many to chose from. That's my opinion and this time I'm taking it myself. Big Grin
November 07, 2016, 11:13 PM
Kryten67
LOGAN or anyone else.......

Guy on eBay is Hunting the Magenta David Tennant Autographed Printing Plate....He has the Other 3.

It Sold on eBay Very early this January.....

He's tryin to sell 3 David Tennant printing Plates....He's been searching for the Last One & didn't know it's been pulled.

He wants it to Complete the set. If he can Complete it, He intends to keep them...

If you have it or if you know the seller..... let him know.

November 11, 2016, 10:17 AM
jade2013
Anyone breaking Extraterrestrial Encounters? There are surprisingly few auctions up so far.
November 11, 2016, 11:31 AM
Logan
quote:
Originally posted by Kryten67:
LOGAN or anyone else.......

Guy on eBay is Hunting the Magenta David Tennant Autographed Printing Plate....He has the Other 3.

It Sold on eBay Very early this January.....

He's tryin to sell 3 David Tennant printing Plates....He's been searching for the Last One & didn't know it's been pulled.

He wants it to Complete the set. If he can Complete it, He intends to keep them...

If you have it or if you know the seller..... let him know.

I know I saw that black one and the yellow one, but I have not seen the magenta one or hear of it being pulled. I'll keep an eye out though.
November 11, 2016, 01:55 PM
Kryten67
it sold on eBay very early on..a week before the black one

November 21, 2016, 03:34 PM
jade2013
Has anyone picked up any of the new set yet? The cards I've gotten seem really cheaply made. No foil (except for serial numbers), cheap-feeling card stock, matte finish, and even the printing itself seems kinda low-quality.

With only 300 cases made and the diminishing lack of interest with each new release, it seems like Doctor Who cards might be done after this one. I can't imagine that the next set would do well.
November 21, 2016, 04:31 PM
steve j
quote:
Originally posted by jade2013:
Has anyone picked up any of the new set yet? The cards I've gotten seem really cheaply made. No foil (except for serial numbers), cheap-feeling card stock, matte finish, and even the printing itself seems kinda low-quality.

With only 300 cases made and the diminishing lack of interest with each new release, it seems like Doctor Who cards might be done after this one. I can't imagine that the next set would do well.

I think you are correct. The first set had an awesome base set. The second had a wonderful autograph design and set list, and the third just doesn't cut the mustard. I don't think this was necessary.

And are Topps going to issue another set? - Of course they are a 3D set next month - internet only!!
November 21, 2016, 05:33 PM
WOMBLE
quote:

I think the 300 cases are the 'hobby only' 24 pack boxes. There are also 16 pack boxes.

November 21, 2016, 07:10 PM
jade2013
What is this 3D set?
December 05, 2016, 11:12 AM
David R
Does anyone have pictures of the 3 cards that came in the Series 5 DVD ? There was a post above back in July, but the pics are no longer there

I just came across a cello pack of P1 to P3 promos which I think are the most recent, third card set from the DVDs

I have never come across the two prior ones posted on above
December 05, 2016, 05:00 PM
steve j
quote:
What is this 3D set?

Topps are issuing an internet only release this month. Im not sure of the date though, just like the star wars 3d series.
December 06, 2016, 09:23 AM
jade2013
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:
Topps are issuing an internet only release this month. Im not sure of the date though, just like the star wars 3d series.

Is there a link to this? I haven't seen anything about it.
December 06, 2016, 11:50 AM
WOMBLE
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:

Is there a link to this? I haven't seen anything about it.

It's on the Topps.com site. 'The Tenth Doctor Adventures' - 88 widevision cards (no mention of 3D) plus 2 autograph cards per box ($99.99).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,
December 06, 2016, 12:04 PM
WOMBLE

Autograph List:

WA-DT David Tennant as The Tenth Doctor
WA-BP Billie Piper as Rose Tyler
WA-FA Freema Agyeman as Martha Jones
WA-AK Alex Kingston as River Song
WA-NC Noel Clarke as Mickey Smith
WA-JB John Barrowman as Jack Harkness
WA-BC Bernard Cribbins as Wilfred Mott

WA-JS John Simm as The Master
WA-DJ Derek Jacobi as The Master
WA-BE Barnaby Edwards as Dalek
WA-CCH Chipo Chung as Chantho
WA-SP Sarah Parish as Empress of the Racnoss
WA-SF Simon Fisher-Becker as Dorium Maldovar
WA-GW Gabriel Woolf as The Beast From The Pit
WA-SM Sarah Louise Madison as Weeping Angel
WA-WT Will Thorp as Toby Zed
WA-AH Anthony Head as Mr. Finch
WA-GP Geoffrey Palmer as Captain Hardaker
WA-EL Eric Loren as Diagoras
WA-Pd Peter de Jersey as Androgar
WA-CH Clare Higgins as Ohila
WA-DC Debbie Chazen as Foon Van Hoff
WA-NB Nicholas Briggs as Dalek Voice
WA-ABA Annette Badland as Blon Fel-Fotch Passameer-Day

WA-JRE Jemma Redgrave as Kate Stewart
WA-RT Russell Tovey as Alonso Frame
WA-CC Camille Coduri as Jackie Tyler
WA-AA Adjoa Andoh as Francine Jones
WA-TK Tommy Knight as Luke Smith
WA-JBA Jonathan Bailey as Psi
WA-JK Jacqueline King as Sylvia Noble
WA-TL Trevor Laird as Clive Jones
WA-BR Ben Righton as Oliver Morgenstern
WA-SD Shaun Dingwall as Pete Tyler
WA-TB Thomas Brodie-Sangster as Tim Latimer
WA-JD Joe Dempsie as Cline
WA-CR Claire Rushbrook as Ida Scott
WA-GM Georgia Moffett as Jenny
December 06, 2016, 12:11 PM
Logan
Maybe those in the UK can answer this, but is Doctor Who (the show and/or the collectibles) a bit "cold" right now? Because I really thought these Topps sets would do better than they are. Or maybe Who is simply more of a niche than I thought.
December 06, 2016, 12:16 PM
WOMBLE
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Maybe those in the UK can answer this, but is Doctor Who (the show and/or the collectibles) a bit "cold" right now? Because I really thought these Topps sets would do better than they are. Or maybe Who is simply more of a niche than I thought.

No new series has been produced this year, so it has been a bit odd that Topps have released so much new trading card products.
December 06, 2016, 12:57 PM
hammer
Just got a Christmas special to look forward to
December 06, 2016, 02:50 PM
JOHN LEVITT
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Just got a Christmas special to look forward to
which is on at 5.45pm Christmas Day!

regards

John