Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Dr who Topps

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/2897096576

April 21, 2015, 11:13 AM
richnet
Dr who Topps
Any news on the dr who by topps usa hobby release? i need loads of it.

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.
April 21, 2015, 12:43 PM
Triple-Frog
I may be being unduly pessimistic here but I would be surprised if this ever makes an appearance. The release date has been put back at least twice and the current date of May 1st is obviously not going to happen.

I reckon they have hit the same roadblock of BBC approvals that scuppered previous attempts by Inkworks etc.
April 21, 2015, 12:44 PM
MarcG
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
I may be being unduly pessimistic here but I would be surprised if this ever makes an appearance. The release date has been put back at least twice and the current date of May 1st is obviously not going to happen.

I reckon they have hit the same roadblock of BBC approvals that scuppered previous attempts by Inkworks etc.

I wonder... the last I saw was TBA as a date.

April 22, 2015, 02:37 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

It's interesting as the images look the same as the Attax cards
April 22, 2015, 03:22 AM
monkeyafterdark
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
It's interesting as the images look the same as the Attax cards

That is exactly what has put me off pre-ordering any of it. I'd much rather see images from the episodes.
April 22, 2015, 04:39 AM
JR2D2
A licensing issue could be the reason. We have had no more Alien Attax (Dr Who) sets since 2013 over in the UK either or any more sticker sets.

That said Topps did release Turbo Attax (Top Gear) recently over here but I guess that could be something too do with differences in the licensing between the two BBC shows.
April 22, 2015, 05:02 AM
richnet
apparently the official word is this was a set they planned to release and might do it in the future. so its not happening. i wasn't too keen on the parallel aspect anyway

...if you can count them you haven't got enough.
April 23, 2015, 02:19 AM
WOMBLE
It makes more sense to release a set when the show is airing new episodes, that's what has usually happened on the sets released in the UK.
April 23, 2015, 03:23 PM
Nonsports
The latest word from Topps is that they are shooting for a Fall 2015 release.
June 01, 2015, 05:43 PM
Kryten67
I GIVE UP ON TOPPS..... WASTE OF TIME with this WILL THEY, WON'T THEY ****.........

June 01, 2015, 11:13 PM
Batman
Your anger is misdirected it is well known the BBC is the problem nots Topps. Roll Eyes

June 02, 2015, 12:03 AM
Kryten67
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Your anger is misdirected it is well known the BBC is the problem nots Topps. Roll Eyes

Getting info out of Topps is like asking my Wife what she Wants for Diner!

They Promised Info on their Page BEFORE Star Wars MASTERWORK was released.......MONTHS AGO!

Still with the NADA!

June 02, 2015, 06:02 AM
wolfie
Why wait, there are plenty of Dr Who sets that have been released in the UK, all of which have been really nice and well done.

if you are intrested in these let me know. Wavey

June 02, 2015, 12:15 PM
Kryten67
I have most of those,

The New set was going to cover Classic & Nu Who...

Autographs & Cut cards from those who have passed........

Dual Autos.... yada yada yada

June 18, 2015, 07:39 PM
Byrna
I was talking, in-person, to a Topps rep. this week. He said essentially that they now expect Dr. Who to release around the middle of November.

He was very excited about the product itself, said they've added some things....and he's pretty 'certain' of this November date, as the ducks have been falling all in a row for awhile, with just a few more to go (laughing).

He was, of course, apologetic about all the delays..I wish I could express in words the grimacing he did with his face....he said it's just been plain awful trying to get this done.
June 19, 2015, 03:39 AM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Byrna:
I was talking, in-person, to a Topps rep. this week. He said essentially that they now expect Dr. Who to release around the middle of November.

He was very excited about the product itself, said they've added some things....and he's pretty 'certain' of this November date, as the ducks have been falling all in a row for awhile, with just a few more to go (laughing).

He was, of course, apologetic about all the delays..I wish I could express in words the grimacing he did with his face....he said it's just been plain awful trying to get this done.

Did he say which year Big Grin . And as for ducks falling in a row one of the BBC departments is busy setting up roadblocks Smile .

Seriously I would love for this set to happen, it would be a big seller her in the UK. I just have seen all this before with other companies trying and failing to deal with the many complex copyright and inter departmental dispute problems the BBC creates.
June 25, 2015, 02:36 PM
Kevin F
quote:
Originally posted by Byrna:
November 23rd would of course be the perfect date to release any Doctor Who set Smile
June 26, 2015, 01:58 PM
Quaint1
Middle of November would make sense, given that the 9th season will probably be coming to an end around then (assuming it returns to UK screens end of August/beginning of September as usual)
JR2D2 - we did have a sticker set released last year to tie into the new Doctor and Season 8. It appears to be off sale now though.
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast
June 26, 2015, 05:39 PM
hammer
You can still purchase stickers and album from topps UK website
July 23, 2015, 12:19 PM
Matesamo
I still hope that this set comes out this year, I would love to have a proper set from Topps to add to my collection.