Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Halle Berry to sign for JB 50th 2?
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Halle Berry to sign for JB 50th 2?
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Wow! Brilliant news about the Halle Berry autograph...although I'm with Raven on this one: I'll have to see if first before I believe it! I remember that she was lined up to sign autograph cards for the original X-Men film, but in the end it never happened. So let's see... I'm glad Rittenhouse are keeping tight-lipped about it though. Part of the reason a lot of us found the last Bond set a bit of an anti-climax was because we basically knew everything about it a long time in advance of the release. If we can be hit with a few surprises closer to release, I think it would do a lot to keep the fans excited and thirsty for more...

And as regards a possible Diana Rigg autograph, I'm not sure it's a given just because Unstoppable cards were able to get her on board for the Avengers. As I understand it they literally brought the mountain to Mohammed and took their autograph cards to her to sign at an autograph show in London (a great and innovative way of getting an otherwise elusive star on board and the crowning glory for an Avengers 50th Anniversary set). Bearing in mind Rittenhouse are based on the other side of the world, they couldn't/wouldn't be able to do the same, and there's really no guarantee that she will agree to sign as per the usual way. Still, it's exciting to ponder over the possibility of a Tracy di Vicenzo autograph, certainly because it's more likely now than it's ever been before.

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
From my dealer here is a bigger list of signers for series 2 from his distributors pre order sheet

daniel craig
roger moore
halle berry
sean bean
honor blackman
john rhys-davies
richard kiel
gloria hendry
gemma atherton
sophie marceau
gotz otto
anthony zerbe

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
And a Roger Moore/Richard Kiel dual autograph (6-case incentive)

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That's an impressive list of signers.

So how come I keep finding "Old Man in Cigar Store"? Big Grin

Am I the only one who would like to see a Michelle Yeoh full bleed? Wavey

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
no you are not
its one of my most wanted fullbleed from a past signer
but it looks like they got Sophie Marceau another of my most wanted

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
It looks like a great list with only one problem berry is the only new signer so far hope that changes

Posts: 614 | Location: Missouri | Registered: March 24, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Ok, Halle Berry is the only new one so far, but...

- Full-bleed Marceau (a thousand times YES!!! About time)
- New full-bleeds for Moore, Bean, Kiel (interested to see what pics are used)
- New full-bleed Rhys-Davies & Blackman (another shot at previously ridiculouly overpriced and artificially rare cards)

Can't wait to see what else RA come up with. Personally I want to see some more Women of Bond style autos from the biggies: Kurylenko, Arterton, Berry, and dare I hope Dame Diana Rigg....?

Other than that I need a Ralph Fiennes and Javier Bardem: two phenomenal actors I'm still shocked have graced the Bond canon with their participation in Skyfall. One can hope.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
info is posted on Rittenhouse's site no new info but some interesting pictures

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardinalfan13:
info is posted on Rittenhouse's site no new info but some interesting pictures

The pictures appear to be what I saw earlier.

Posts: 2117 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: October 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
just found this online

CASE TOPPER
James Bond "SKYFALL" movie poster card

3-Case Incentive:
JBR28 Franz Sanchez's Airplane Interior Relic Card (Licence To Kill)
(Sequentially numbered to 333)

6-Case Incentive:
Roger Moore (James Bond)/Richard Kiel (Jaws) Double Autograph Card

18-Case Incentive:
James Bond 50th Anniversary Series 2 Archive Box

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know when we can expect a complete list of signers?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just seen the Halle Berry card and i have to admit i am dissapointed. I was hoping for full bleed and it's 40th and the signature is just initials so i have gone off this one, not for me. Frown

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kevin, yes thats the one.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nice! Nice! Nice! Glad it looks like we'll definitely see the Halle Berry autograph in the next set! What a coup for Rittenhouse - and for Bond card collectors!!

Btw, as far as I'm aware Halle Berry only ever signs her forename. Even on the standard preprinted autograph photo she/her agent sends out, there's only 'Halle' written:

Posts: 240 | Location: London, England | Registered: December 07, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cardinalfan13
posted Hide Post
This was posted on becketts website

It took nearly 10 years, but Halle Berry has signed autograph cards for an upcoming James Bond product.

Rittenhouse Archives released a photo today of the Oscar-winning actor’s first certified autograph in a trading card product. The autograph will be in James Bond The 50th Anniversary Trading Cards Series 2.

“It has been my goal since we launched our first line of James Bond trading cards back in 2002 to have every living actor sign cards for us,” Rittenhouse President Steve Charendoff told Beckett Media. “To date, we have had nearly 250 different actors from all 22 classic 007 films sign cards for us.”

Charendoff said the newest Bond girl Berenice Marlohe in Skyfall – which comes out in November – has already agreed to sign for Rittenhouse, and the company will only pursue more actors.

One notable actor missing from Bond products is Sean Connery, the original James Bond. But that’s not for a lack of trying.

“Of course, we would be thrilled to have Sean Connery sign cards for us, too, and we continue to make efforts for that to happen,” Charendoff said. “It took us 10 years before we were able to convince Halle Berry to participate, and nearly that long for Pierce Brosnan, so we never say never (pardon the pun).”

James Bond The 50th Anniversary Trading Cards Series 2 is scheduled to be released Nov. 7. It features a 99-card base set and autographs from actors such as Daniel Craig, Roger Moore, Sean Bean and John Rhys-Davis.

“The Bond movies have a very special place in the history of world pop culture,” Charendoff said. “It’s the longest running film franchise in history, and I think as time passes, the actors who have been privileged to be part of it sense the importance of it, too. As a result, I believe that most of the Bond actors feel the importance of being a part of our trading card projects, which pay great tribute to the James Bond films.”

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Just seen the Halle Berry card and i have to admit i am dissapointed. I was hoping for full bleed and it's 40th and the signature is just initials so i have gone off this one, not for me. Frown

Its not the best signature but to be fair, that IS how Berry always signs. Not my favourite actress but still VERY impressed RA bagged her after all this time.
...I might even begrudgingly get her WOB card when that comes out!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: X,

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rittehouse have the checklist up now, minus autographs. I'm assuming they don't have a complete list of signers yet. Or is it that there is no autographs now? Eek

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wonder why Steve hasn't been able to get Timothy Dalton to sign.

As for Connery, I know he keeps saying that he's retired and doesn't want anything to do with Bond, but just a few years ago he did the voice of Bond in the "From Russia With Love" video game, and he said that he had fun doing it, so maybe he will come around.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I wonder why Steve hasn't been able to get Timothy Dalton to sign.

As for Connery, I know he keeps saying that he's retired and doesn't want anything to do with Bond, but just a few years ago he did the voice of Bond in the "From Russia With Love" video game, and he said that he had fun doing it, so maybe he will come around.

Dalton has had no connection with Bond since he was dismissed as far as I know. I wouldn't rule it out because he is not a superstar and older actors will do things for money Wink, but I wouldn't call it likely. As for Connery, NEVER, unless some kind of a cut signature card gets produced.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Dalton has attended a few Bond events over the years in the UK with Roger Moore, George Lazenby, and Pierce Brosnan, at the time that Brosnan was still Bond. This was in the late 1990s / early 2000s. I've seen pictures of him on the internet doing this.

He was also a pallbearer at Albert R.Broccoli's funeral in 1996, and spoke at his wake, along with Moore and Brosnan

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post