Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New UK Star Wars cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New UK Star Wars cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Cineworld are giving out promo packs at screenings. Consists of two exclusive cineworld cards and two random cards from the new set coming out Friday.

Thanks for the tip Thumb Up . I will look for them when I go today.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:
Cineworld are giving out promo packs at screenings. Consists of two exclusive cineworld cards and two random cards from the new set coming out Friday.

Thanks for the tip Thumb Up . I will look for them when I go today.

If you can look out for me too

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Got to see the new film yesterday afternoon , mixed feelings about some of the narrative decisions , J J Abrams clearly decided he did not like the direction Rian Johnson's film took and this film is very much a companion piece to episode 7 but on the whole a fitting end to the saga.

I will say it's also blindingly obvious that the Carrie Fisher moments are outtakes with no relevance to the scene they have been put in and then the other actors have done reaction shots with a stand in whose back is to the camera.

Sorry, my inner Barry Norman got the better of me there Big Grin , back to card talk !

My Cineworld has a terrible record with distributing promos for films, usually it's just a blank look and a shrug of the shoulders when I ask but for once they did come through. Not terribly well organised and I did have to ask but the guy tearing the tickets fumbled around on the floor and then produced a cardboard box with packs in. He gave me one pack like it was a gold bar Big Grin .

Have not opened it yet but will post pictures of the two exclusive cards when I do. The wrapper has Cineworld printed on the back as well to distinguish it from regular packs.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

My Cineworld has a terrible record with distributing promos for films, usually it's just a blank look and a shrug of the shoulders when I ask but for once they did come through. Not terribly well organised and I did have to ask but the guy tearing the tickets fumbled around on the floor and then produced a cardboard box with packs in. He gave me one pack like it was a gold bar Big Grin .

Have not opened it yet but will post pictures of the two exclusive cards when I do. The wrapper has Cineworld printed on the back as well to distinguish it from regular packs.

There's a competition run by Topps/Fanthatracks/Cineworld, so someone is better orgranised:
https://www.fanthatracks.com/n...neworld-competition/

The Binder looks nice:-

The Topps collector tins look ok since you are meant to get 47 cards in them, inc a Patch & Limited card.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

He gave me one pack like it was a gold bar Big Grin

[/QUOTE

The rest of them appear to be on ebay with one person selling the contents of 300 packs. Roll Eyes

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are the front and back of the two exclusive cards and the wrapper. Quite good quality with a silver mirror board finish.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
Topps UK posted a tweet on twitter saying the next Star Wars card set for 'The Rise of Skywalker' contains movie cards!! Well I'm Shocked!! Big Grin

Well, the 'movie cards' are numbered #60-99, and are somewhat dull - most are from trailers/TV ads. Cards #1-46 are cards of individual characters from the film and look really nice.

The packs mention the following odds:
Parallel Blue 1:1, Green 1:2, Purple 1:4, Red 1:12, Gold 1:995, Black 1:24,860
Sticker cards 1:12
'Crush the Resistance'/'Long live the Resistance' 1:3 **

** These are printed on Holo-foil, the US versions don't appear to be.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This new set, UK wise anyway, is gonna be a bugger to complete. For example there are 19 stickers and from reading the ratios there will be only 3/4 in each box of 36 packets!!!!! So five boxes and a helluva lot of luck. Nice cards though, bought a couple of packets.
No mention of patches on the packets, there are six according to the list, with only three coming in tins, where the other three will turn up is anyone's guess. I like the design.
If anyone is after the Cineworld promos, let me know. Our local has them but isn't giving them out until the weekend screenings!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
This new set, UK wise anyway, is gonna be a bugger to complete. For example there are 19 stickers and from reading the ratios there will be only 3/4 in each box of 36 packets!!!!! So five boxes and a helluva lot of luck. Nice cards though, bought a couple of packets.
No mention of patches on the packets, there are six according to the list, with only three coming in tins, where the other three will turn up is anyone's guess. I like the design.
If anyone is after the Cineworld promos, let me know. Our local has them but isn't giving them out until the weekend screenings!

I read it as the patch cards are randomly inserted, one per tin. The tin 'limited cards' are usually specific to the design of the tin.

posted Hide Post
Yeah but three Tina but six patch cards. Unless the patch insertion is random!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Has anyone pulled a sticker card from the new multipacks or are they only in the boxes?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I pull a sticker from a multi pack from Asda

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just won 2 of the sealed cinema packs on ebay for 3 dollars each. I am surprised that I was the only bidder

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
I just won 2 of the sealed cinema packs on ebay for 3 dollars each. I am surprised that I was the only bidder

As Wolfie pointed out above, loads of these packs bypassed the intended audience and were on ebay before they were meant to be given out for free.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
When were all of these packs on ebay ? I only saw the one auction this weekend, and I see none now. Am I looking in the wrong place ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
When were all of these packs on ebay ? I only saw the one auction this weekend, and I see none now. Am I looking in the wrong place ?

Try 'www.ebay.co.uk', you are probably using the US site.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
And if you limit the search to UK or EU, you can avoid 'false positives' to the USA auctions.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Yeah sorry David but there are thousands of these packs most of which appear to have never been given out at the cinema.

posted Hide Post
Anyone looking for the cineworld packs or exclusive cards, PM me. Have a couple spare. Either for trade reasonably priced. Including outside the UK.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
...The Topps collector tins look ok since you are meant to get 47 cards in them, inc a Patch & Limited card.

Has anyone actually seen these in shops? I notice they sold out very quickly at topps.com, also single packs and boxes are also sold out at topps.com (at the moment) which is unusual.