Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New UK Star Wars cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New UK Star Wars cards
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are we seeing season 2 of rise of skywalker to finish our continuity sets

Traded with: RupT, Mar53, LUZNDAVE, Cardz_house , INDYPAT75, blwilson, KADRAN00157, Card Reaper, Tangent, Shaunicus, Ifish, wolfie, rwn410, Geoff bovey, WarriorBabe, womble

Posts: 855 | Location: Coventry - England | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wuher:
Are we seeing season 2 of rise of skywalker to finish our continuity sets

The US are definitely getting a Series 2, but I doubt we will get a release here, it's been too long since the film's release. It is likely that the USA packs will be available on the Topps site.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Topps UK have now lifted the restrictions on ordering the cards you need to complete your star wars sets.

You may order as many cards as you need until the stocks run out. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Glad to see Star Wars is finally getting a new release. Theres been such a dearth of material over the last 10 years.

(Insert dearth vader pun here)

Posts: 559 | Location: AZ | Registered: December 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Topps UK have released a set based on 'The Mandalorian'. (Thanks to Wolfie for finding this info)

Star Wars Mandalorian Trading cards celebrates Seasons 1 and 2 of the hit show and features 231 cards in the collection. With 'Concept Art' cards, 'Comic Covers', 'Tools of the Bounty Hunter' plus many more categories there are also 6 Topps Crystal cards to collect plus 25 Mandalorian Character cards with parallels! Look out for Ultra-rare Autograph cards inside lucky packets plus guaranteed parallels inside the Starter Pack, Premium Box and Multipack

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The entire checklist for this product is in the Beckett database. Check it out!

2021 Star Wars The Mandalorian Seasons 1 and 2 UK Edition Checklist

Posts: 274 | Location: Dallas, Texas | Registered: June 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Unfortunatly the prices Topps have put on these cards will mean very poor sales in the mass market they are aiming at. Added to the fact that very few people in the UK have actually seen the Mandalorian as it is only on a subscription channel.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
There are a LOT of movies and TV shows I have not seen, including The Mandalorian, since I don't have cable TV or streaming, whatever that is.
Call me old-fashioned (or whatever you want), but I only watch what I can rent (or buy) on DVD. And since I've stopped going to the movies, I'm way behind on everything all the time.
However, it does give me something to do trying to catch up all the time.
Reminds me of a joke I heard while watching PULP FICTION...
...there was this family of tomatoes, you see...

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I have bought many card products on TV and movie titles when I never saw the show or film or saw them and didn't care for them. Sometimes the cards are very well done and surpass the actual source material.

However I think the majority of viewers of anything are not card collectors to begin with and often don't even know what's available as far as cards goes. So if they are restricted from seeing something, they certainly aren't looking for cards on it. And even if they do see it and perhaps like it, they may still have no interest in buying cards.

Just think about the millions and millions of international fans that were hooked on Game of Thrones as an example. RA has overproduced the heck out of that series, but if everyone who claimed to be a rabid fan during its run had bought into the cards, they would all be in private collections and the market would be dry of all prior releases. Of course, that is not the case. Only a small portion of those viewers were card collectors or became card collectors because of it.

They are two different things. Commercial failures will fail as cards, but hits don't necessarily mean that the cards will make it just as big or even be successful at all.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
"Outlander" is kind of an outlier. A lot of people have liked the show but it appears there wasn't a lot of memorabilia out there at first so they bought whatever was available and that included cards. We knew they were new card collectors because they were paying up for promos they could have obtained for less by buying copies of NSU. The extra demand drove up prices for other cards too. Looking at the recently-published 2021 Beckett Non-Sport Almanac (7th Edition), I see many cards across the sets are still going for good money.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
However I think the majority of viewers of anything are not card collectors to begin with and often don't even know what's available as far as cards goes. So if they are restricted from seeing something, they certainly aren't looking for cards on it. And even if they do see it and perhaps like it, they may still have no interest in buying cards.

Just think about the millions and millions of international fans that were hooked on Game of Thrones as an example. RA has overproduced the heck out of that series, but if everyone who claimed to be a rabid fan during its run had bought into the cards, they would all be in private collections and the market would be dry of all prior releases. Of course, that is not the case. Only a small portion of those viewers were card collectors or became card collectors because of it.

They are two different things. Commercial failures will fail as cards, but hits don't necessarily mean that the cards will make it just as big or even be successful at all.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
"Outlander" is kind of an outlier. A lot of people have liked the show but it appears there wasn't a lot of memorabilia out there at first so they bought whatever was available and that included cards. We knew they were new card collectors because they were paying up for promos they could have obtained for less by buying copies of NSU. The extra demand drove up prices for other cards too. Looking at the recently-published 2021 Beckett Non-Sport Almanac (7th Edition), I see many cards across the sets are still going for good money.QUOTE]

I neither watch Outlander or collect the cards, so I have no insight into Outlander card collectors beyond the obvious. The product supply has been kept in line with the demand for the cards for the most part. If that makes it an outlier, maybe it's something that should happen more often.

Since 2016 there have been 5 releases. That averages less than one a year with one in 2016, 2017 and 2020 and two in 2019, including the expensive and limited CZX. The card market hasn't been saturated with Outlander and that keeps the prices up, while the show is still maintaining its viewers even with long lapses. To me, it's just that simple. They haven't killed this golden goose yet. Big Grin

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post