Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New UK Star Wars cards
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New UK Star Wars cards
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted
Topps UK & Europe are releasing Star Wars cards again! Dance

Due 10/10/2019 - Journey To Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker Trading Cards

There will be the usual collectors binder, and the base cards are said to be the same as the USA release.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Interesting, their new website is very poor. Is this info on website yet?

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The 'new' Topps site looks like just an add-on to the Topps USA site, so not much use. On a plus point, they are still doing the 'complete your collection' service, even though on a very limited range and now charging p&p.

They still have the 'MyTopps' facebook page going, which is a good source for up-to-date news.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If you order the starter bundle from the website you get a Gold Limited Edition BB8 card which i assume is not available any other way. Smile

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Interesting, their new website is very poor. Is this info on website yet?

A bit of info is now on the Topps website.

I bought a couple of packs, the following info is on the back:-

'Over 168 cards to collect'
'Look out for special cards in packets'
GREEN STARFIELD CARD 1:1.4
SILVER STARFIELD CARD 1:4
STICKER/INSERT CARD 1:2
FOIL CARDS 1:6.3
PRINTING PLATES 1:5,290

The cards look absolutely identical to the USA version, down to the type of card stock used. The Green/Silver cards look like parallel versions of the regular cards, so I guess you only get four regular base cards in most packs.

Updated from checklist:-

110 base cards
5 Kylo Ren cards
8 foil cards
16 illustrated character cards
10 schematics cards
19 stickers cards
6 limited edition cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: WOMBLE,

posted Hide Post
Being trading cards rather than gaming cards, there's not many places stocking them. Managed to finally find some multi packs and a couple of packs. Basic set should be pretty easy to collate but the five or six insert sets are gonna be a sod. From the twenty odd packs I've bought, I already have doubles and triples of the same card! So nowhere near completing the set. Love the nostalgic feel to the card stock.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Spencer Quist:
Being trading cards rather than gaming cards, there's not many places stocking them. Managed to finally find some multi packs and a couple of packs. Basic set should be pretty easy to collate but the five or six insert sets are gonna be a sod. From the twenty odd packs I've bought, I already have doubles and triples of the same card! So nowhere near completing the set. Love the nostalgic feel to the card stock.

I got my packs from ASDA, they had plenty. Don't go crazy with the inserts, Topps UK offer a completion service (after a few months) and I've never seen a card/sticker up there for more than 35p.
https://uk.topps.com/individual-service.html?p=1

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
My heart sank when i saw they were putting printing plates and paralells in the packs. What is a little kid going to do with a printing plate, he wants a nice sparkly card of vader and a fist full of cards and does not want to spend all his pocket money on getting them.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WOMBLE:
quote:

I got my packs from ASDA, they had plenty. Don't go crazy with the inserts, Topps UK offer a completion service (after a few months) and I've never seen a card/sticker up there for more than 35p.
https://uk.topps.com/individual-service.html?p=1

This may only apply to the regular cards. Will they offer this service on the inserts? I doubt it somehow. They'll want to keep the secondary market alive and thriving.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
This may only apply to the regular cards. Will they offer this service on the inserts? I doubt it somehow. They'll want to keep the secondary market alive and thriving.

In the past Topps UK have always offered the inserts for sale except for the 'Limited edition' promo cards. They tend to restrict how many you can order initially, then later on lift the restrictions.

I would tend to be optimistic that they will continue to do this service. From what I have heard, the UK side of Topps generally ignores the secondary market. Their model is based on supporting newsagents/supermarkets who sell the packs, and then pulp what gets returned.

posted Hide Post
Cool, fingers crossed.
Would get more packets as and when but not many people around here offline to swap with. I have a pile of green and silver variants that I have no interest in at all.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
More Star Wars cards coming soon, with exclusives at Cineworld. A brief interview here:-

http://www.jedinews.co.uk/conv...h-up-with-anup-dave/

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Having now got some of the insert cards from the US, there are slight differences in the UK version. All the UK cards are printed on the same type of card stock, however the USA insert cards are printed on different types with the stickers on thin glossy card.

posted Hide Post
Hi Guy's just to let everyone I was at Birmingham Comic Con and topps UK were there and selling US Hobby Boxes of the Last Jedi series 1 and series 2 for £60 a box and if you bought 1 box of series 1 and 2 you got another box free and also they were selling boxes of journey to star wars the rise of skywalkers I have loads of cards for trade so pm with you need from these sets

Posts: 10 | Location: London | Registered: May 27, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
The next set is due 20th December.
quote:
Originally posted by millhouse132:
...I have loads of cards for trade so pm with you need from these sets

Millhouse132, take a look at my list in the trading thread.
quote:
Cool, fingers crossed....

On the back of the binder visual checklist they say individual cards will be available from 6th January.

posted Hide Post
What with swaps and trades, I think I'm done for now. Well til 20th when the new set comes out!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
If anyone has any UK cards left over please see my wants list in the trade section, trying to finish my base set. Smile

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Topps UK posted a tweet on twitter saying the next Star Wars card set for 'The Rise of Skywalker' contains movie cards!! Well I'm Shocked!! Big Grin

They also state the UK version will contain 'Patch cards' which is more informative. Available from 20th Dec.

posted Hide Post
Post on Face book showing three tin designs for new set too.

posted Hide Post
Cineworld are giving out promo packs at screenings. Consists of two exclusive cineworld cards and two random cards from the new set coming out Friday.