Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    New Facebook Group for Sketch Card Fans
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Facebook Group for Sketch Card Fans
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Artist Jim Kyle has put up a new group for sketch card fans (and fans of art in general) on Facebook. It's called Asylum Studios Art Society. The group is an open group on Facebook and Jim says all are welcome. There is some great stuff posted so far and the group seemed to form incredibly quickly. So far, it has over 200 members and was just added last Friday. You can find the group at the link below:

ASYLUM STUDIOS ART SOCIETY on Facebook

I should point out that Lak Lim has a similar group called Sketch Card Fanatics. That one is just a bit over a year old and has over 300 members. If you are sketch card fan, you might check that one out as well, though that one is listed as "closed." I'm not really sure what closed vs. open means in Facebook terms. Here's the link to that one:

Sketch Card Fanatics

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks so much Harris! Yes, I just wanted to send out an invite to everyone on NSU to come by and check out the Asylum Studios Art Society group. Tons of sketch card and comic book artists are members as well as collectors and fans. It's one of the fastest growing sketch card and comic art groups on Facebook! Get an inside scoop at upcoming projects that the artists are working on, see brand new sketch card and comic art, as well as just chatting it up with your fellow collectors and artists! I wanted to make a fun place on Facebook where like minded people can gather and share their interests! I wanted to put the fun back into sketch cards and comics!

Also Harris, "closed" means you have to be invited into the group. "Open" means you can just openly send a request to join the group or be added by any member.

Best,
Jim

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Looks like a great place, I asked to join Smile

edit; and approved, thanks Jim Thumb Up

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey no problemmo!

Jim Kyle

Posts: 353 | Location: Jersey | Registered: June 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
Howdy,

Asked to join group, fear of rejection Shake Head

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey there....I think I approved everyone so far did I miss you?

Jim Kyle

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have just sent my request. Wavey

What do you mean if you join everyone else will leave. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of william291077
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JimKyle:
Hey there....I think I approved everyone so far did I miss you?

I got in! Let's see if Jim has a screening process Wolfie, let us know if you get in, lol!

TTFN

Posts: 457 | Location: Glasgow, United Kingdom | Registered: August 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Nah no screening process at all!!! Everyone's welcome. Wavey Everyone feel free to come on over!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289696637744020/

Jim Kyle

posted Hide Post
ALMOST AT 300 MEMBERS IN LESS THAN A WEEK!THANKS EVERYONE! NOW LET'S HIT THAT 300 MARK!

PS. GIVEAWAYS TO START SOON!
https://www.facebook.com/group...tif_t=group_activity

Jim Kyle

posted Hide Post
Just reached the 350 member milestone in just under 2 weeks! Thanks to everyone who joined!The group has turned out fantastic so far! Come by and check it out if you haven't!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/289696637744020/

Jim
Asylum Studios

Jim Kyle

Picture of bealay
posted Hide Post
Requests sent to both - good stuff!

I also collect Black Cat cards. Yeah, I'm that guy.

Posts: 275 | Location: Norwich, UK | Registered: December 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post