Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Topps for Sale ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps for Sale ?
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wonder what this means ?

Posts: 4006 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of <<<<ALDO_NOVA>>>>
posted Hide Post
Really miss the cards by O-Pee-Chee, which is Topps subsidiary in Canada!

Posts: 217 | Location: Where you can't find me!!!!!! | Registered: August 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
I miss O-Pee-Chee too. I had some sets of NHL cards by them and they were really well done. Have mostly Star Wars sets by Topps.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Maybe playing it safe for future sales prospects by dividing the companies?

From their perspective having Topps candy company and Topps sports cards (generalising for simplicity, I know there's a ton of subsidiary brands) separate is a safer bet if candys still selling steadling but maybe some sports cards sets aren't?

As one brand you don't want the weak chain to affect the stable ones, so if it's separate then all the other more profitable brands are safe and assured for the future. But they can still produce sports cards perhaps under a different business model?

Or it could simple be changing hands like businesses do particularly ones this profitable. Nice chunk o' change.

Just a collector but this was my 2 cents. Interested to hear everyone else's thoughts on this. Thanks for sharing the links.

Posts: 937 | Location: UK | Registered: December 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If they sold off the non-sport arm, and someone who's going to treat it better bought it, then I'm 100% for it.

Posts: 795 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of TC00
posted Hide Post
Anyone heard any more news regarding this rumour? I'm intrigued for any confirmations (or debunks) and details about this potential sale or split deal.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
Topps UK seem to have wound down their specific non-sports cards, only WWE cards are now on sale (if they count as non-sport?). Frown

The website has changed address and looks duller, although a positive point is that they do seem to be catering more to the collectors who want to order the USA cards.

The situation does sound like it's related to the above comments.

Posts: 1116 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post