Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Wars A New Hope Black and White (Topps)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Wars A New Hope Black and White (Topps)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
We'll see. . . I've seen lots of hype about one base set or another all the sudden selling for lots of money, but I've never actually experienced it.

Don't know if it is that easy to find some of these high end base sets as complete set offers. Don't see a complete Valyrian Steel up on eBay. Star Wars High Tek with various patterns, don't see any of those either. Lots of singles laying about, but whether the whole is worth more than the sum of the parts is hard to tell. Maybe the complete sets on high end products are being ordered direct from breakers/dealers or maybe there just isn't that many collectors who are interested in a current set over a certain price. Maybe the production numbers make it difficult for even dealers to put together more than a few for pre-orders.

Posts: 10417 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
We'll see. . . I've seen lots of hype about one base set or another all the sudden selling for lots of money, but I've never actually experienced it.

Don't know if it is that easy to find some of these high end base sets as complete set offers. Don't see a complete Valyrian Steel up on eBay. Star Wars High Tek with various patterns, don't see any of those either. Lots of singles laying about, but whether the whole is worth more than the sum of the parts is hard to tell. Maybe the complete sets on high end products are being ordered direct from breakers/dealers or maybe there just isn't that many collectors who are interested in a current set over a certain price. Maybe the production numbers make it difficult for even dealers to put together more than a few for pre-orders.

Good point I see a couple of eBay sales for Valyrian Steel sets around $122-150. Which is around the price of a box of those. That was 6 base cards per box at a much higher price point. 100 card set. Only 1 set possible per 20 box case.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just wondering. Have base sets ever appeared "you know where" on the 3 Star Wars Masterworks sets, and the 3 Tek sets, and if so, how much have you seen them for ?

Posts: 4013 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A bunch of complete sets have sold on eBay with BINs of $29-39. Several more are available to BIN in the same price range.

Posts: 5417 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post