Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Highlander 35th Unstoppable
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Highlander 35th Unstoppable
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted
Saw announcement in the future release list of NSU. Is this just a big tease or is there any real hope of holding this set in my hands?

Of course NSU lists it as the 40th when the movie came out in 86.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the first one. The second one was kind of a mess, but it's a guilty pleasure. The third one was too much of a repeat and I quit. I'm only good up to a trilogy. Big Grin

There was another movie, a TV movie, a couple of TV series and some fast spinoffs. Highlander does have a franchise, but the new project seems stalled.

I think Unstoppable should broadened it out, if they do make it. It says this July, but who knows. There doesn't seem a whole lot they can do with just the first film. Connery's gone and Lambert would be a must, but I don't think he's signed before. Clancy Brown is probably doable since he has.

You could combine films and get more actors to sign for two or three series. It's not like every movie and show should have a set. It's not James Bond. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
Has he? I know he has been associated with many sets but always thought Clancy was opposed to the idea.

I would love a solid set on the first film if done with all the bells and whistles. Never ordered direct from Unstoppable before but I would definitely jump on this one if done right.

Posts: 4843 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:
Has he? I know he has been associated with many sets but always thought Clancy was opposed to the idea.

Hmmm, you might be right. I thought for sure I saw his name on a Pop or Americana checklist at one time, but I don't see anything up on eBay now and I have nothing myself. So that would make a Highlander set even tougher if he's not interested in signing either.

Speaking of Clancy, most people think "The Bride" is an awful movie and it certainly bombed. The acting from Sting and Beals is pretty laughable, but Clancy and the late David Rappaport were very good together. I can still watch it now and then just for them and the ending.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of WOMBLE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mykdude:

I would love a solid set on the first film if done with all the bells and whistles. Never ordered direct from Unstoppable before but I would definitely jump on this one if done right.

On their web-site it says licenced through Studio Canal, so probably not likely to be directly available outside Europe if it is actually released. (see Terminator 2)

Highlander - 35 Years Anniversary Shipping this summer, an exclusive small collection celebrating this cult classic film. Look out for news and surprises very soon.

Posts: 1114 | Location: UNITED KINGDOM | Registered: December 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Alas, it was never to be. The one-per-pack "hits dump" this Warcraft movie set eventually resulted in featured virtually none of the cool cards shown, including the Clancy:

https://www.blowoutcards.com/b...craft-trading-cards/

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
Alas, it was never to be. The one-per-pack "hits dump" this Warcraft movie set eventually resulted in featured virtually none of the cool cards shown, including the Clancy:

Yeah, I was happy to get Ben Foster from this at least. Pretty sure I picked up a few others just because they were so cheap.

quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Speaking of Clancy, most people think "The Bride" is an awful movie and it certainly bombed. The acting from Sting and Beals is pretty laughable, but Clancy and the late David Rappaport were very good together. I can still watch it now and then just for them and the ending.

Always liked Clancy and all of his various roles. It has been interesting watching him in the last season of Dexter. My favorite character in Starship Troopers. MEDIC!!!!!