Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Breygent Marketing gets American Horror Story
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breygent Marketing gets American Horror Story
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
David Desbois Sketch cards American Horror Story

'

Holy Cow! David Desbois' work is INcredible!

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
The Connie Britton is WOW! All of them are above top notch.

The Sean Pence and Tim Shay sketches are also above top notch. I would be ecstatic to get any of them.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Incredibly beautiful, David.

I agree, your cards aren't sketches, they're fine art portraits. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DavidDeb
posted Hide Post
many thanks to all of you guys, looking forward to the releaseSmile all samples will be on deviantart/facebook soon
cheers

Posts: 529 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Here is one of the last autograph cards that just came in today.Because this just came we had no choice but to put in a redemption card in the product for this card.

Sarah Paulson

This message has been edited. Last edited by: t.breyer,

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here is one of the last autograph cards that just came in today.Because this just came we had no choice but to put in a redemption card in the product for this card.

Sarah Paulson

I was hoping you had one of her. I can live with the redemption. Thanks Tom.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
I'm cool with the redemption too - just happy to have her auto available! Clap

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
I still have no clue what stickered autographs are. Having never seen one. Am I right to understand that it means that the stars signed a piece of stickerplastic instead of the card? Because then it'd still be an actual autograph. So I don't really see the point in dismissing them. Auto is auto. Right?

Meanwhile a seller on eBay is selling cases at $1000 while pointing out that only 290 cases will be produced. Let's hope that we won't suffer from massive allocation. In which case I fear that US-territories will be holding on to my Belgian order. Fingers crossed.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cherryade82
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sarah Paulson

Yay! Awesome that you got sarah, can't wait to get my box!

Posts: 35 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: January 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by monkeyafterdark:
I still have no clue what stickered autographs are. Having never seen one. Am I right to understand that it means that the stars signed a piece of stickerplastic instead of the card? Because then it'd still be an actual autograph. So I don't really see the point in dismissing them. Auto is auto. Right?

I don't think people dismiss them, they just don't like them as much as on card autos. If it's a choice between sticker or no auto then you take the sticker.

Some collectors prefer to know that the actor actually handled the card. Also stickers do not look as good, they can be stuck on crooked or part of the autograph can be lost off the edge of the sticker. An auto is an auto but on card autos tend to be more sought after and sell for higher prices than the same actor on a sticker.

This is a debate that has been going on for years and will likely go on for several more Smile .

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Very happy you got Sarah Paulson to sign for this set! Clap

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:

very happy you asked Sarah Paulson to sign, shame she thinks her name is A. ------. Shake Head

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cherryade82
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

very happy you asked Sarah Paulson to sign, shame she thinks her name is A. ------. Shake Head

Her signature has morphed over the years, used to do full signature. It's a kinda sideways 's' morphed into a squiggle ! Metal

Posts: 35 | Location: Glasgow | Registered: January 06, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

I got her autograph in person after a play performance. She apologized to me in advance and told me her signature was lousy. Big Grin

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ironically given the discussion above her "Spirit" sticker auto is actually better Roll Eyes .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Ironically given the discussion above her "Spirit" sticker auto is actually better Roll Eyes .

I have it and I would still prefer this on-card signature. I think the thing that bothers me most about sticker autographs is the idea that there may be a few hundred or a few thousand signatures laying around in some back room just waiting to be affixed to various products not yet made.

OK, maybe its just my imagination, but I can see them all hanging from the ceiling like fly paper. Big Grin

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

I have it and I would still prefer this on-card signature. I think the thing that bothers me most about sticker autographs is the idea that there may be a few hundred or a few thousand signatures laying around in some back room just waiting to be affixed to various products not yet made.

OK, maybe its just my imagination, but I can see them all hanging from the ceiling like fly paper. Big Grin

Not trying to derail this thread, but I wonder if it would make a difference if the stickers said "Breygent: American Horror Story - Season One", or something like that. Would it?

I have said before, and I will say again, I don't mind the stickers. To me they are no different than cut signatures. They may actually be better in some ways (to me).

I was just curious because of the comment about the remaining quantities. Panini is REALLY bad about that. I think they may have produced an entire set off of stuff like that.

Oh, also, the set looks great. Thanks to Tom and the team at Breygent!

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Autograph cards or stickers cost the same and a lot of money and sitting on what some think are all these extras make no sense as you would be losing money.I know we could not with these small print runs.I feel the actor is signing these at the same time so to me there is no difference and they see what we are doing with them as they have to approve the cards.It gives us the opportunity to make a lot of different and exciting cards.Everyone has opinions and thats fine.

posted Hide Post
Tom,
Your doing a fine job. This set is going to be your Mona Lisa. Those that complain and have issues.. go deal with the other companies full of redemptions they have no intent of filling.
Get your costume and prop cards from those that cant really prove they are real.

Oh ya, Tom doesn't do that. He backs it up, works his and his staff's tail off. And lets add, he answers questions directly, unlike companies that keep you on hold for sometimes hours only to have staff say HUH??

So stickers, on card.. it doesn't matter. Keep it up Breygent!! Hand extended with $$

Posts: 16 | Location: modesto | Registered: March 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post