Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Breygent Marketing gets American Horror Story
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breygent Marketing gets American Horror Story
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
News on the blog today:

Breygent Gets American Horror Story

American Horror Story trading cards with costume cards, prop cards, and autographs coming late-spring.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Nice one Tom, can't wait to see this one Thumb Up

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Costume cards of the "Rubber Man" suit are a must, if available. As for autographs, Jessica Lange would be the marquee name, but Connie Britton of "Friday Night Lights" and ABC's current "Nashville" would be popular with collectors, too. She was really outstanding in season 1. The show is just very well acted, in general. Mena Suvari, Denis O'Hare, and Kate Mara all had choice roles, too, so cards from any of them would be great. Evan Peters who played the murderous Tate during Season 1 is also starring this year and is doing another good job.

A couple of Season 1 actors, Zachary Quinto (Heroes, Star Trek), Frances Conroy (Seeker: Dark is Rising), Sarah Paulson (The Spirit movie), and Eric Stonestreet (Lost, I believe) already have autographed trading cards, so I would think they'd be agreeable to sign new ones.

This new season, the show has featured Ian McShane (who also signed for the Seeker set) as Santa Claus, so hopefully he can be persuaded to sign again when the time comes. I adored his work on HBO's "Deadwood". James Cromwell and Chloe Sevigny are on the show this year. I don't know if either of those have signed before, but I'd like autographs from both, if possible. Lily Rabe as the demon possessed nun is also a standout.
Season 1 star Dylan McDermott is also coming back for the end of this season, so he'd be another good one.

No one better than Breygent for this one, looking forward to it already!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
OMG---I'M SO EXCITED!!!! Elephant

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
Even if Jessica Lange doesn't sign the pool of talent is great from the cast for autographs.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not a fan of the show, but definitely a good get.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I thought some people here would be pretty excited about this! Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Connie Briton has signed too, for one of the Americana sets - so that's a good sign.

I've watched every episode of this show, and really think it is a brilliant, well-acted horrible show, looking forward to the cards.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thats awesome news! Congrats to Tom. Can't wait for the set!

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Holy cow!! Fantastic news! Clap

Love this show and was always hoping someone would do a set. I just know that Tom will do an excellent job with this one! Thumb Up

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Never saw this show but it sounds interesting. Anyone know if it's available on Netflix yet.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Metal Elephant Bouncey
Woohoo!
Congrats Tom!!!

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Connie Briton has signed too, for one of the Americana sets - so that's a good sign.

I've watched every episode of this show, and really think it is a brilliant, well-acted horrible show, looking forward to the cards.

She has a very nice on card auto for season four of 24.

I really like the show and Breygent has shown with Deadworld and Dexter that it can do more adult sets.The number of quality guest stars should ensure a good autograph lineup.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
Elephant Dance Bouncey This is so great. I haven't seen any of season 2 but Season 1 was exceptionally good and creepy as well.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:
Elephant Dance Bouncey This is so great. I haven't seen any of season 2 but Season 1 was exceptionally good and creepy as well.

Not sure whether it's as good,will have to wait and see how they connect the various storylines.It's certainly one of the strangest shows around with devils,nazi war criminals,nuns,serial killers,nymphomaniacs and aliens all in the mix Eek .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Season 2 is much different from Season 1, but I think it really is better. Can't imagine what season 3 will be like.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of damien
posted Hide Post
very happy about this
2013 will be awesome

Posts: 1450 | Location: montreal,canada | Registered: September 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Char_Baby
posted Hide Post
This has made my day!

Love Season 1 of this and the current Asylum season.

Huge congrats, best company to produce them as well if they are anything like the Dexter ones!

Posts: 111 | Location: Hampshire, UK | Registered: November 30, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The current season (season 2) is AWESOME!

I mean, it's set in an old insane asylum, how can it not be?!! Big Grin

One thing about the upcoming set, though: the blog read that this release will be in the 24 packs per box format. I wonder if that is a guanteed base set, like the last couple of Breygent releases?

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
So, THIS is what it takes to get me back into the hobby. Excellent! I'm 100% on board for this release.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post