Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Breygent Marketing gets American Horror Story
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Breygent Marketing gets American Horror Story
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
May is almost over. Any news on the preview set yet? Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
quote:
Originally posted by Doc Floyd:

Couldn't agree more, it seems they like to promo us to death.

I like the series, and the cards look good so far, but I am thinking about skipping the whole set.

So because of a few odd promos, you won't collect the set? How does that make sense. If a set had a rare card that was produced let's say an Allison Hannigan auto from Buffy (very rare) you wouldn't buy the set, if you liked the title?
Same difference.
Every card set has rare cards so with that thought, you would never collect any card set.

THAT'S RIGHT!
I'm old school.
Base set, 3 or so chase sets, and ALL promos. THAT'S A COMPLETE SET. If you can't complete it, why bother?
I'm not much into TV/Movie cards anyway.
Upper Deck has ruined my collecting of Marvel.
Won't be long that I totally give up on the card collecting hobby. CZE has nearly ruined TWD with rare sketch card odds, rare promos, and allocations. Almost impossible to get an album at retail prices. Too much hassle now days.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
quote:

I like the series, and the cards look good so far, but I am thinking about skipping the whole set.

So because of a few odd promos, you won't collect the set? How does that make sense. If a set had a rare card that was produced let's say an Allison Hannigan auto from Buffy (very rare) you wouldn't buy the set, if you liked the title?
Same difference.
Every card set has rare cards so with that thought, you would never collect any card set.

THAT'S RIGHT!
I'm old school.
Base set, 3 or so chase sets, and ALL promos. THAT'S A COMPLETE SET. If you can't complete it, why bother?
Won't be long that I totally give up on the card collecting hobby. CZE has nearly ruined TWD with rare sketch card odds, rare promos, and allocations. Almost impossible to get an album at retail prices. Too much hassle now days.

Supply.

Demand.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Applecards is a UK based dealer.

Does anyone have any contact info? No website as far as I can see. How does one get to these AHS promo cards, without browsing eBay?

If he's a big dealer some trace should be found online, not?

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
"Rubber Man" Suit

tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fantastic!! Clap

The rubber suit was the "must have" costume for this set! Metal

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Fantastic!! Clap

I agree! This set wouldn't be the same without it.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
The manufacturers are in a no win here. If they produce something nice for a show etc folks get a bit down if they want to collect the set but on the otherhand if they don't produce anything they are accused of doing nothing for the shows and the hobby.

Personally I am happy they are produced as they now exist and who knows if I win the lottery I will be able to buy everyone one each. Big Grin

Just reading through this thread. Had not seen it before, at least not that I remember...

Anyway, I understand where the manufacturers are on this. I just hate that I miss out on a lot of stuff because I live in Indiana and work at a place that makes it VERY hard to take time during the big shows...

I wish they would read my mind about which sets I want and NEVER release any cards associated with them at shows...

Big Grin

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I started to read minds and it got me in trouble

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I bet it did, Tom. I've found that many times it is better to not know what people are thinking, but that may have something to do with me. Smile

Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Electrawoman Cards f/k/a jane
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mintoncard:
quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
Fantastic!! Clap

I agree! This set wouldn't be the same without it.

That will be one thick card, I'm guessing. Good news for the set.

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
American Horror Story Bloody Apron from the show that will be made into costume card

Tom

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of mintoncard
posted Hide Post
Isn't that apron from season 2?

Worn by the doctor in the asylum, if I remember correctly... Cromwell was cast well for that role.

Posts: 858 | Location: Golden Valley, MN | Registered: August 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
YES Season 2 is correct

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
So, when is the tentative release date? The website has no info...Am I mistaken when I read/heard there would be something for SDCC?

Posts: 3213 | Location: Queens NYC | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We are making a Preview set which is coming first.I will post information soon as we are sure.We are trying to get this done and out in the next 4 weeks.Season One will be out in the Fall.

Tom

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tom!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
quote:

Same difference.

THAT'S RIGHT!
I'm old school.

Supply.

Demand.

There's enough supply for the demand, but the current owner of these cards are slowly putting them out there to entice high bids. I saw the Vampirella one close for just a few dollars last week. Don't get suckered into this greed.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
We are making a Preview set which is coming first.I will post information soon as we are sure.We are trying to get this done and out in the next 4 weeks.Season One will be out in the Fall.

Tom

Hope to hear more info on the Preview set soon. Great bloody apron, BTW! Big Grin

Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Handed out at San Diego comic con

Tom