Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
2018 TOPPS Star Wars Stellar Signatures

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/2557048096

October 11, 2018, 10:51 PM
Raven
2018 TOPPS Star Wars Stellar Signatures
Don't know when this one sneaked in because I did not notice, but it is listed in NSU and release date is December 12th. Maybe I didn't figure they would or could make Stellar an annual product, but here it comes with a limit of 100 sets. Forty encapsulated autograph cards per set, plus a relic. Apparently two 1/1s guaranteed per set this time around.

Oh, make that a sketch card and 3 signed relics. I don't know just Google it. It's awesome I'm sure! Wink
October 13, 2018, 05:50 PM
Raven
Yeah this one continues to be very confusing to me as far as the math goes, partially because of the duals and parallel cards.

The basics seem to be 100 boxes/sets, 40 autographs per box, 34 single subjects, limited to 40 copies per card, and less I guess.

Several big names appear to be missing this time around like Hamill, Jones and Fisher. Jackson has been added and Ford is back, but I'm not sure if he will be included in every box because I find this box contents description vague. Maybe it's just me.

Anyway, what I'm getting at is that Stellar is flooding the market with Ford autographs. I know that 40 or less is very much short printed, but this is the second product and consider that he signed probably less than 20 certified cards in all the years before 2017. That makes it a flood for him.

So how does this not deprecate the value of his signature? Don't say its about the product, not his autograph. When you're in the $1,000s for non-premium Indiana Jones, it most certainly was about his autograph. So now it should be about the card? As an autograph collector, I don't think so. And the demand was not just from card collectors, but also autograph collectors who could not land his signature before.

The more Stellar they put out, the less Stellar it's going to be. Just MHO.
October 16, 2018, 04:08 PM
steve j
quote:
Originally posted by Raven;
The more Stellar they put out, the less Stellar it's going to be. Just MHO.

I think that sums it up very well. Nice one Raven
October 28, 2018, 04:32 PM
barobehere
I am in a Star Wars card facebook group and there seems to be a lot of hesitation with a second Stellar release and a fear for a third or more.
November 04, 2018, 07:54 PM
Raven
An outfit called KLF Sports and Coolwaters Productions has just announced a signing with Harrison Ford and they will accept personal items sent in for autographing. No date or price given, but you can check the KLF Sports website for details. I'm sure the going rate will be high and there will be good demand, but for all those who thought it wouldn't happen, the recent increase in his certified autograph cards was a peek of things to come.
February 28, 2019, 11:37 AM
mykdude
It's a nice set. I had to get the Paul Reubens and Sam Jackson.

I think maybe 5 or 6 of the cards were of any interest to me. Not worth getting a box by any stretch of the imagination.