Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Wicker Man 40th Anniversary
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Wicker Man 40th Anniversary
 Login/Join

Manufacturer
posted
April 2014 will see the release of The Wicker Man based on the original 1973 movie. Okay not quite hit the actual anniversary but it will be a great set!! More details very soon

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin is all i have to say...

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to this. Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Would love to see a Christopher Lee autograph card !

It's a real shame that alot of the other stars of this classic film
are sadly no longer with us.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Thush
posted Hide Post
I'd love to see a remake chase set. Smile

"How'd it get burrnnnned?? HOW'D IT GET BURRNNNNNEEDDDD???"

Posts: 385 | Location: London, UK | Registered: October 10, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not the bees, noooo not the bees!!

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Time to announce the latest signer

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
what a great signing, this is definatly on my wants list. Thumb Up

Any chance of a binder?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason Wright:

An example to all those horrible scribblers with lazy signatures Smile . Looking forward to this very much Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
We also have Britt Ekland and Roy Boyd signing Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
quote:

An example to all those horrible scribblers with lazy signatures Smile . Looking forward to this very much Thumb Up .

No kidding! A perfect sig throughout the years!

This one is a must-have for me. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Terrific news. Just hope the box is along the lines of the Blake's 7 one and has two or three autos per box. One-auto boxes are a killer.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
There will be at least one sketch card in every box

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This set is going to be killer!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Outstanding Thumb Up .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

We also have Britt Ekland signing Smile

I am surprised by this, her alledged hatred of the film is well known.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Outstanding Thumb Up .

Depends... honestly, history tells us most sets that have one sketch per box end up with a lot of pretty poor sketches to make up the numbers... unless Jason's going to tell us every box has an Andy Fry in it, then I'll take that back Wink

I'd rather have more autos myself, and for the sketches to be rarer, but actually all good. Having a sketch or two in my collection is nice, but not at the expense of autos.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
VERY impressed Christopher Lee is on board. Unfortunately he is signing less and less these days. Frown
As others have said, he has a great signature too. not to mention amazingly consistent and legible for a 91-year old.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:
quote:

Outstanding Thumb Up .

Depends... honestly, history tells us most sets that have one sketch per box end up with a lot of pretty poor sketches to make up the numbers... unless Jason's going to tell us every box has an Andy Fry in it, then I'll take that back Wink

I'd rather have more autos myself, and for the sketches to be rarer, but actually all good. Having a sketch or two in my collection is nice, but not at the expense of autos.

Don't forget this is a very limited set (only 600 boxes) and yes we have some great artists on board for this set, most are only doing 20 sketches