Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    The Wicker Man 40th Anniversary
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Wicker Man 40th Anniversary
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Where will you be able to pre-order a few boxes from? I really like The Wicker Man, and seeing this thread has reminded me how much I miss Edward Woodward. Great in this, maybe even better as The Equaliser.

Posts: 146 | Location: UK | Registered: February 26, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
VERY impressed Christopher Lee is on board. Unfortunately he is signing less and less these days. Frown
As others have said, he has a great signature too. not to mention amazingly consistent and legible for a 91-year old.

Yes, its outstanding that he agreed to do an autograph card, but I can't help but feel sad looking at that signing photo. Lee cut such an imposing figure back in his Hammer film days.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Just an update on the set, all cards are now signed and back with us so we'll be releasing this in time for Memorabilia in November. The website will be updated with more information soon. We have signed cards by Christopher Lee, Britt Ekland, Roy Boyd and more!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Great to hear this set is coming out soon! One of my favourite movies!
Here are the sketch cards I did.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Wow! That's great work Nik! I was already looking forward to buying myself stacks and stacks of Wicker Man cards, but now I'm also very much hoping to find at least one of your sketch cards!

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Thanks and good luck monkeyafterdark.
I'm sure you'll pick up some good sketches by the other artists too.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Come, it is time to keep your appointment with The Wicker man. Thumb Up

Today is the day, check out the website for details.

The binder looks really nice Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know if there will be new dealer promos on this, like there was with Blakes 7 ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not heard anything about this from my usual suppliers Confused . Is it still going to be released at Memorabilia?

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
full ordering info is now up on the website.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Three boxes for me. I like this movie a little too much to possibly be able to resist a set based on it that has been so clearly attended to with the proper care and respect. Can't wait for 'em!

(And I'm really wanting a try at the David Bowie autograph card that has been discussed for Unstoppable's "Man Who Fell To Earth" set, so hopefully that'll happen, too. Keep us updated on that set, please).

This message has been edited. Last edited by: chesspieceface,

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Six boxes and a binder.
This set and Unstoppable's two other upcoming sets promise to be real unwrapping feasts!
Better yet, The Wicker Man is supposed to ship next week already. Quite a different experience from my regular ordering of trading cards that make me wait for months afterwards.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I guess there ARE new dealer exclusive promos, as I see one up for auction limited to 100 for a particular UK seller

Also, the Unstoppable website lists a 1/100 promo and a 1/199 in the binder

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I will be bringing Wicker Man to Memorabilia with me where a few dealers will be stocking the product.

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blue Horseshoe
posted Hide Post
Another set I won't be buying.

Production run has doubled from 600 to 1200 boxes, and now sketch cards are around 4-5 per 12 box case instead of every box as quoted by Jason in previous posts earlier in the year.

Posts: 280 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: July 26, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Horseshoe:
Another set I won't be buying.

Production run has doubled from 600 to 1200 boxes, and now sketch cards are around 4-5 per 12 box case instead of every box as quoted by Jason in previous posts earlier in the year.

Same here. I was getting ready to pull the trigger last night on a binder and a couple of boxes when I saw something on Unstoppable's facebook page that made me pause. Upon further investigation - yep, a sketch every "1 - 2 boxes" (instead of every box, as was previously stated), and the sentence that a Christopher Lee auto was guaranteed with each case. Which I interpret as a case incentive so little to no chance of pulling his auto in a loose box. Mad

Sorry but the for the price of these boxes (even on "sale") there should be a minimum of two autos or sketch + auto in every single box. Yet another release for the case-buyer only. Shake Head

Oh well, after the dust settles I will pick up a base set for pennies and buy the autographs that I want with all that money saved. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has it been announced somewhere how many cut signatures there are?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know what UK dealers have exclusive promos, like with Blakes 7 ? I have seen promos by

Radickal Trading Cards

Non Sport Trading Cards UK

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I bought a box and an album but wish I hadn't now that I realize there may only be 1 hit in a box and it will probably be a $10 autograph card. I wish I had just stuck with the binder and then picked up the individual autos and the set off ebay. I told myself not to buy anymore after the women of avengers set but I guess I never learn. At least the shipping was free so I saved at least $10 shipping for the binder and get the base set so the autograph will only cost me $50. A net loss of $40 will be better than I did on the last avengers box and there is still a 50-50 chance on a sketch card. If you hit a nice sketch then the value is still there. At 50% odds it just really isn't worth the chance for single box buyers though.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
That is usually true, but these kinds of releases don't usually have multiple people breaking 50 boxes at a time and putting everything on Ebay all at once.

As for the print run, google a picture of Marvel Masterpieces 1992, a box of cards from well over 20 years ago and you'll see that Skybox was so proud of the "limited edition" they had on that, that they made a nice gold sticker for it indicating your box was one of only 350,000!

Those cards retailed for about what a box of these "Wicker Man" cards are going for today.
Granted, there are a heck of a lot more fans of Marvel Comics super-heroes than there are of "Wicker Man", but in the 1992 Marvel cards, you had no chance of finding any special cards except for the foils and you wouldn't even get a whole set of those in the box (but that's OK, because Marvel then made another 35,000 factory sets which included the chase cards.)

My point is, Unstoppable Cards should be commended for making this set with box prices which compare very favorably to those seen from our other favorites like Breygent, Rittenhouse, and Cryptozoic (who each offer sets in which sketches were also not one per box, such as Dexter, Game of Thrones, and Hobbit, respectively).

I'm glad they were able to double the production run to a "massive" 1,200 boxes. They likely weren't making much money on 600 boxes, so at least now they've got a shot of doubling whatever that is, and that's money I'm pretty sure is going back into the business and not some Swiss bank account.

They probably obtained 100 Lee autographs, so it's most likely one per 12 boxes inside the packs, since the case incentive is 8 of the numbered film cell slides. So on that one, I've bought 3 boxes, so I've got a 1 in 4 chance on a Cristopher Lee autograph, basically, which is good enough for me.

If there is only one of each cut signature, that means the odds are one in 1,200 boxes (or again, one in 400 boxes for me, since I've ordered three boxes). I like those odds as well. Counting up the sketches shown there are around 600, so they should be in every other box, which means 1 almost for sure, and possibly 2 of them for me. Good enough...

Good luck everyone, and remember, think positive and you can't lose, haha...

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post