Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    WALKING DEAD COMIC BOOK SERIES 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WALKING DEAD COMIC BOOK SERIES 2
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
Is being offered in Previews with a release date of 05/29/13.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My distributor has sent out notice but is not taking any orders yet. Not sure how I'll be ordering this.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I'll most likely just buy a box, or two of this like I did with the first series. Really is going to depend on what inserts it has to get me to buy more than that.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

We've started to post some sketch cards from this release on our website. You can see them here:

The Walking Dead Comic Series 2

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
This set will be popular covers and will be in color. That should help the set be a little more attractive.

quote:
Contents Summary:
72-Card Base Set
Something To Fear Chase Set (2:24)
Quotable Chase Set (2:24)
Hand-Drawn Sketch Cards (1:24)
Autograph Cards from Comic Creators
Key Selling Points:
• Follow up to the sold out set released in 2012.
• 72-card base set features 4-color art of fan favorite covers!
• Something To Fear chase set covers the story arc surrounding the 100th issue released in 2012.
• Quotable chase set features some of the best lines from the comics.
• 1 of 1, hand-drawn original sketches included, 1 in every 24 packs.
• Autographs from the comic creators (signers still to be confirmed)

And there will be a binder, although there is no mention of anything special inside.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've got my order in! Can't afford a case now so just getting boxes.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I know I'm in one of my moods tonight, but I'm going to say it anyway.

Wow! Autographs from creators. I'm not saying that because I have autographs and sketches from the creators. I'm saying it, because there's what, three of them.

They're so busy, I'm sure it's too early to tell who and how many cards will be signed. It just cracked me up a little. Wink

Thanks Ed for the info.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just placed my order, hopefully not over produced since no mention of allociations.

Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
quote:

And there will be a binder, although there is no mention of anything special inside.

Ed

Ed...not sure if it is a recent update or not but it seems like there are 2 binders...a limited version and a Diamond Previews version that has 9 extra cards if I read it right...

"Binder: In addition to the limited binder, there is a Diamond Previews exclusive binder available, which contains printings of nine exclusive sketch cards, the originals are randomly inserted into the binders."

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dough boy:
quote:

Ed

Ed...not sure if it is a recent update or not but it seems like there are 2 binders...a limited version and a Diamond Previews version that has 9 extra cards if I read it right...

"Binder: In addition to the limited binder, there is a Diamond Previews exclusive binder available, which contains printings of nine exclusive sketch cards, the originals are randomly inserted into the binders."

This is info that would have been nice 2-3 months ago when it was offered in Previews. The order form doesn't say anything about it being exclusive, so I didn't bother reading the fine print when at my LCS...it may not even be there anyways.

When and where was this announced?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Oh, I see where.

posted Hide Post
I may try a box or two. Its been awhile since I bought a box of cards.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Cryptozoic the release date is June 5.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We finally got permission to post the cards from this set. Here's some samples from the 100 cards I did.

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
For those with Facebook accounts, if you share Cryptozoic's post by tomorrow noon PST you can win this Walking Dead sketch card by Camila Fortuna.

https://www.facebook.com/photo...03065&type=1&theater

Posts: 69 | Location: CA | Registered: October 25, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any word on release on a date yet? I've been watching ebay but only presales offered.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Any word on release on a date yet? I've been watching ebay but only presales offered.

June 5

Posts: 47 | Location: indiana | Registered: August 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We have some details up on the blog today about redemption cards found in the retail version of The Walking Dead Comic Book trading cards set 2 as well as a bit more on both the hobby and retail versions of the series:

The Walking Dead Comic Book Set 2 Retail Preview

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Did I read this right? Sketch cards are 1 in 3 boxes. Maybe 5 per case. Really?!?!

That must be retail boxes.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
FYI -- A slight revision to the original story. The retail version of The Walking Dead Comic Book Series 2 cards will be available at select Walmart stores, not Target stores as originally stated in today's piece. The story has been revised.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post