Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    WALKING DEAD COMIC BOOK SERIES 2
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

WALKING DEAD COMIC BOOK SERIES 2
 Login/Join

Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Ok...Walmart not Target...is it boxes of cards, or cards in blister packs? I am assuming the box and packs are labeled differently than the Hobby version correct?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Did I read this right? Sketch cards are 1 in 3 boxes. Maybe 5 per case. Really?!?!

That must be retail boxes.

Hobby boxes should still be 1:24 packs.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Did I read this right? Sketch cards are 1 in 3 boxes. Maybe 5 per case. Really?!?!

It says sketch cards are one in 60 packs and it's referring to the retail version. It's pretty clear, I think (then again, I'm biased).

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
quote:

It says sketch cards are one in 60 packs and it's referring to the retail version. It's pretty clear, I think (then again, I'm biased).

quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
quote:

Hobby boxes should still be 1:24 packs.

Yes, 1 in 24 packs for retail.

I missed at first that the whole story was about retail. So after rereading it, I edited my post to state that it must be retail. But it wouldn't be the first time a company changes stated odds.

As you pointed out to me Miss Lizzy, that they first posted the exclusive Previews binder and later changed it to the regular. Something that is easily unseen unless you're looking for it.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm confused (easily) Is there an exclusive Previews binder? Yesterday I frantically sent emails to all my local comic book stores trying to secure one.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I'm confused (easily) Is there an exclusive Previews binder? Yesterday I frantically sent emails to all my local comic book stores trying to secure one.

Yes. There was one on ebay, but the seller used the wrong image.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I see on Cryptozoic's site regular binders are limited to 350. Anyone know how many of the Previews exclusives they made?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
No, I haven't heard. My wife called two on-line dealers today. One said they were not taking any orders, since they are suppose to be in next week. The other didn't answer, so she ordered on-line. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

posted Hide Post
I ended up ordering the Previews version online as well.

posted Hide Post
Hey guys! Here are a few more of the oversized redemption cards I did for the retail set.

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
nice Chris

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Breygent Marketing:
nice Chris

Tom

Thanks, Tom!

Posts: 32 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: February 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Does anyone know when Wal-Mart usually stocks cards? Are they managed from within the company or by independent dealers? I know Tuesday is the day for new cards at Target just never have had to shop at Wal-Mart.

Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Does anyone know when Wal-Mart usually stocks cards? Are they managed from within the company or by independent dealers? I know Tuesday is the day for new cards at Target just never have had to shop at Wal-Mart.

My local Wal-Mart seems to be rather sporadic about how they stock them here.

I have seen a regular employee stocking early in the mornings, or around noon a couple times.

Most likely like about everything else, when they get around to it. The next time I see her, I'll ask though.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I noticed that Diamond/Previews is not shipping this week or next.

posted Hide Post
Diamond is showing new releases for this week, delivery today. Do you mean your not seeing the exclusive TWDCs2 binder listed?

posted Hide Post
Again, I'm a little confused. Is the retail version the same cards as hobby with a different redemption, sketch ratio different? Different in any other way?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Diamond is showing new releases for this week, delivery today. Do you mean your not seeing the exclusive TWDCs2 binder listed?

Huh? I looked on their site and did not see it for this week or next week. Do you have a link you can share? I have the Previews binder on order and was trying to figure how soon I'd get it.

posted Hide Post
According to my sources the new releases on Diamonds site are not very accurate as to merchandise shipped so we could still get our binders today. I did scan their listed releases and your right no binders or boxes. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Please let us know if anyone gets the binder today, may save me a trip after work.

Picture of dough boy
posted Hide Post
Can anyone share where they got their preview binder (other than via previews), or am I SOL at this point?

Posts: 88 | Location: Kansas City | Registered: August 11, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post