Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    NYC Trading Cards
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYC Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Saw this in the newspaper the other day. Artist Alex Gardega is attempting to produce a card set of his artwork depicting NYC celebrities-- Anthony Weiner, John Gotti, the Statue of Liberty, Andy Warhol, Bernie Madoff, etc.

The article says he hopes to do "a limited run of 2,000 cards" , which will come in packs of 5, and sell at $ 6 a pack.

His site is nyctrading-cards.com

Not sure if I am slowed to post the link

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't know how those subjects fit in as NY celebrities, maybe a Rogue's Gallery for Gotti and Madoff, but Wiener? The Statue of Libery belongs in a landmark set. Andy Warhol is from a different era of NY and is just as much LA.

Based on this info, I don't know who the target buyer is supposed to be for these cards. Confused

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
$ 6 a pack seems expensive to me. Also, I am not sure what he means by only 2,000 cards will be produced. Does that mean only 400 packs will be made ?

Other celebrities he is including are people like Salvador Dali.

Posts: 3999 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
quote:
nyctrading-cards.com

It appears that the first release of packs will have only 7 different cards, with others to follow.
You have to read about this guy. His mural artwork is amazing. The cards seem interesting. Just may buy a few packs to check them out.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's a little confusing, but it looks like there are 8 cards so far (he has 8 images posted on his site), and you get 5 random cards per pack. There are also pack inserted sketch cards and 1 rare Golden Rabbit card !