Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Vampire Diaries from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vampire Diaries from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Well it doesn't look like there will be any more delays. I ordered 3 boxes a week ago and got a shipping notice with a tracking number yesterday. Checking the tracking they are en route.

01/13/2012 2:11 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS
01/13/2012 9:06 P.M. Origin Scan
01/14/2012 4:51 A.M. Departure Scan

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has posted on Facebook that the series will hit stores this Friday. They are posting previews in a Vampire Diaries album leading up to Friday. Two cards are posted so far - the first is a foil chase cards of Stefan Salvatore and the second is a special die-cut chase card of Caroline Forbes. The post says they'll be previewing more all week.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris for the heads up, I can't wait to receive mine.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Looks like someone broke street date Shake Head

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scorpiovamp
posted Hide Post
I finally received my box.

Posts: 285 | Location: Chicago | Registered: February 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I think it's safe to say not all of the cards in the set were produced in equal numbers, which may partly explain the odd breakdowns. Just looking at 1 specific card I was curious about I see it has to be produced in low numbers.

Since I pulled the M5 costume card I at first looked to see if there were variants with other colors than green, but I couldn't find any other M5's. Now that a couple of days have passed exactly 2 have turned up on ebay out of 70 wardrobe cards listed (I think someone got a steal snapping one up for $24.95 BIN), and in the box breakdown section here there have been 67 boxes accounted for and only 1 M5 (mine).

I haven't gone in depth on any of the others but I'm already getting a rough idea of which ones seem scarcer than others.

-Goethe

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I think that the reason why the M5 is so rare is because it looks like the costume is only the sash to the dress pictured on the card and that is not a lot of material to make hundreds of cards from.

Posts: 21 | Location: Sweden | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elin:
I think that the reason why the M5 is so rare is because it looks like the costume is only the sash to the dress pictured on the card and that is not a lot of material to make hundreds of cards from.

Welcome to card talk Wave

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
Originally posted by Elin:

Welcome to card talk Wave

Thanks!

Posts: 21 | Location: Sweden | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
I posted this in the breakdown section too, but after checking on the M5 I went back and checked the breakdown forum her and a couple of other boards and the active and ended sales on ebay and came up with roughly 132 boxes worth (131 autos and 133 costume cards).

Completely unscientific sampling, especially on ebay where sellers may have kept certain cards and only listed duplicates or cards they had no interest in, but the sample is large enough that some idea of which cards may be tough starts to emerge.

I think this accounts for a sample of 132 boxes (11 cases)

Autos:

A1- 5
A2- 4
A3- 6
A4- 2
A5- 6
A6- 4
A7- 3
A8- 4
A9- 8
A10-4
A11-3
A12-3
A13-5
A14-9
A15-7
A16-16
A17-15
A18-4
A19-11
A20-12

Costumes:

M1- 10
M2- 8
M3- 10
M4- 4
M5- 3
M6- 9
M7- 5
M8- 10
M9- 5
M10-4
M11-7
M12-9
M13-8
M14-5
M15-5
M16-6
M17-5
M18-6
M19-8
M20-5

-Goethe

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
Will there be a retail and Hobby release? or just a hobby release?

All of the sets, including Vampire Diaries, we are developing right now are for the hobby.

Thanks!

Scott

Hello Scott, I was wondering if you had a listing of promo's for the varerious sets Cryptozoic has produced. Do you give promo's away with a SASE.
You can Email me at lcontino@hot.rr.com.

Posts: 569 | Location: Killeen, Tx, USA | Registered: June 30, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Got my case today and I was lucky enough to pull the M5 in one of my boxes. Clap Bouncey I was very happy about it Smile

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
Got my case today and I was lucky enough to pull the M5 in one of my boxes. Clap Bouncey I was very happy about it Smile

Congratulation! I managed to snag a M5 at ebay for BIN $29.99 so I'm really happy as well Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Well done Thumb Up
I saw that one go, I'm glad you were able to pick one up Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Here is a photo to show what is wrong with my #6 base cards. This is just a couple of them, I have over 10.

The edge isn't smooth, it looks like to me that they weren't cut through and were sort of torn apart. Which has made the edge look wooly, for lack of a better term Roll Eyes I don't really know how to explain it better than that.

posted Hide Post
They defiently look rushed. If they were wrongly cut I don't think they would look that wooly something else has probably happened.

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
This actually has nothing to do with being "rushed". The machines just go at the pace they go. Smile

The cause is usually blades not being as sharp as they should be. As I mentioned, we are not happy at all about less than stellar quality cards. We're addressing it with the printer and will have a pretty good solution ready to announce soon.

Thanks.

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's really great to know Scott, definitely interested in what you announce Smile

But just so you know, it hasn't put me off at all. I really love set the and what you guys have done with it Thumb Up

posted Hide Post
Juelle you were very lucky to just have the nr 6 cards cut wrong. Almost every card in my two boxes looked like your wooly cards :C

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Oh Elin, that's terrible.
I guess I was very lucky that it was just my #6s, no more complaining from me Twak

But still, I don't think it should have happened in the first place. It will be interesting to hear Scotts announcement.

By the way, what autos and costume cards did you pull? Were you lucky enough to pull the M20?