Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Vampire Diaries from Cryptozoic
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Vampire Diaries from Cryptozoic
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by cheifbrody:
when is release date again ?

December 23rd.

Although without doubt someone will break release date like they did with Walking Dead.

Ed

I'm super bummed because I am going on vacation and really wanted to break my three boxes before I left Mad

Hopefully there wont be issues with the USPS holding my mail because I am going to want them when I get back after the 9th- even with the long wait!

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Good to see its finally coming out. I still don't know if I want to order online or take my chances and see if a store might have it.

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Just got word that this release was delayed once again. I just hope the sellers I have preordered from on eBay come through since it will be well past the time limit for a claim. I feel confidant about the seller of the boxes, but I have never purchased from the one selling the 10 card auto sets. I guess unless a firm date is listed there is not too much reason to get excited for a release.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
Just got word that this release was delayed once again. I just hope the sellers I have preordered from on eBay come through since it will be well past the time limit for a claim. I feel confidant about the seller of the boxes, but I have never purchased from the one selling the 10 card auto sets. I guess unless a firm date is listed there is not too much reason to get excited for a release.

Aren't there like 18 cards in the autograph set?

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

Just a quick explanation on why we have pushed this back. In reviewing the first off the line proofs for one of the chase sets we were not happy with the quality. Because of this we've asked our printer to go back and re-do those forms.

I apologize for the delay but we don't want to put something out that we(or you)won't be happy with. Because of the holiday the delay will be a little longer than normal so instead of trying to rush this out we will release in January.

Thanks and Happy Holiday!

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
That's disappointing that it has been put back. But I do prefer what they are doing, then have something not of the best quality.
All in all, I'm happy to wait.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SBelcher
posted Hide Post
I don't want to sound overly critical, but what is the deal with all the mistakes made by the printer's lately?
I have no idea if Cryptozoic prints 'in-house' or if they outsource, but it seems like there are some major issues in the printing world Razz

Very glad to hear that quality is a priority rather than shoving a lesser product out the door (listen up "major" manufacturers)!

Posts: 281 | Location: Indiana | Registered: April 19, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
That's disappointing that it has been put back. But I do prefer what they are doing, then have something not of the best quality.
All in all, I'm happy to wait.

Totally agree with you Thumb Up

Posts: 473 | Location: UK | Registered: April 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
So is there any word on if the release be early, mid or late January?
I know I'm being impatient, but I can't wait for it to be released Big Grin

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I was told the the holidays would create a 2-3 week delay, that was on 12/21. But they also said they'd let us know when they have a new release date.

So, it's up in the air. We'll probably find out more when everyone's back in the office this week.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
Release date is now Jan 20th.

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Portlaw
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:
Release date is now Jan 20th.

Does this mean that all the other sets release dates are consequently pushed back as well or just this one?

Posts: 77 | Location: Ireland | Registered: September 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I hope so Smile
Don't hate me Twak It will just give me more time Big Grin

Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Yes, we will push The Guild back a bit. We don't want to release two sets right on top of each other.

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has just posted the following on Facebook:

To celebrate the new episodes of The Vampire Diaries starting tonight, we're happy to announce that The Vampire Diaries Season 1 Trading Cards will be available in stores on January 20th! Grab your checklist from our product page and get ready, collectors.

Here's a link to the linked page on their own website:

http://www.cryptozoic.com/trad...iaries-trading-cards

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link Harris Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott Gaeta:
Yes, we will push The Guild back a bit. We don't want to release two sets right on top of each other.

Best,

Scott

What about Big Bang Theory? Are you guys still planning on a February release?

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
There are some great photos of the Costume cards on the checklist.

Really looking forward to this set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
I found a small photo of the Binder with the exclusive costume card

I thought someone else might like to see this as well.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Here's a link to Cryptozoic's Facebook page showing them opening up a box The Vampire Diaries Trading Cards - Unboxing