Veronica Mars Movie Project

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/2397054926

March 14, 2013, 07:42 AM
Kevin F
Veronica Mars Movie Project
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
WOW! Eek .Now over $2.5 million and all the rewards at $500 and above have gone!

Think some TV companies are looking at this and wondering about the shows they cancelled?
Not really. 41 thousand viewers isn't enough to cover the cost of a TV drama through advertising revenue. However, they might look at a variation on Pay-Per-View where you get to see the next episode when enough people have pledged enough money to cover the cost of making it...plus some profit for the TV company of course Big Grin
March 14, 2013, 08:01 AM
NonSportCardGuy26
I hope Bryan Fuller is seeing this and decides to give it a go at a Pushing Daisies proper movie/finale. Still so bummed that show ended the way it did.
March 14, 2013, 08:46 AM
hammer
The series attracted 2.4/2.5 Million viewers
March 14, 2013, 09:49 AM
Jason00
I pledged $100 myself. I love Veronica Mars -- I own one master set and it's season one of VM, so I would be all over any new set. In fact, when I saw this thread I was hoping that there was a new rewards tier with a set of cards. Razz

March 14, 2013, 09:56 AM
Starchild
Good news for international fans: I just received my first official donor update. Rob Thomas claims that they are trying very hard to open donations internationally, but it may take a couple of weeks.

March 14, 2013, 10:45 AM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Starchild:
Good news for international fans: I just received my first official donor update. Rob Thomas claims that they are trying very hard to open donations internationally, but it may take a couple of weeks.

That is great news Dance .I would definitely go for the $200 option with the signed movie poster Smile .
March 14, 2013, 11:47 AM
cmcdjj37
I've never seen Veronica Mars but seeing how well this is going is awesome!
March 14, 2013, 07:28 PM
Raven
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
WOW! Eek .Now over $2.5 million and all the rewards at $500 and above have gone!

Think some TV companies are looking at this and wondering about the shows they cancelled?
Not really. 41 thousand viewers isn't enough to cover the cost of a TV drama through advertising revenue. However, they might look at a variation on Pay-Per-View where you get to see the next episode when enough people have pledged enough money to cover the cost of making it...plus some profit for the TV company of course Big Grin

Yeah, that's the problem with network TV, a show can have literally millions of viewers and its at the bottom end of the ratings and on the chopping block. The same show, with the same number of viewers, on cable may be considered a hit. Big Grin These days nearly all the best shows are on cable and, because they run only a dozen or so episodes per season, the fans appetites stay fresh.

I liked Veronica Mars, but I must admit I only watched the first season completely. The Lily Kane mystery had me hooked. By the second season I started drifting off and by the third I hardly watched at all. No reason I can recall really, it might be worth my checking out the DVDs again.

But its great to fire up the fan base like this, hope the project produces something good. Thumb Up
March 14, 2013, 10:56 PM
Logan
Joss Whedon has commented on the chances of someday doing a Firefly kickstarter:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news...ienews.php?id=101604

I'm not getting my hopes up but you never know. Angel
March 15, 2013, 04:43 AM
Triple-Frog
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:

I was thinking more along the lines of them doing a TV movie to give shows that were left hanging a fitting conclusion.

To give a recent example I wonder how many Alphas fans would donate to a project to tie up the loose ends in that show?
March 16, 2013, 07:40 PM
dstrohmeng
I would contribute to a Kickstarter for Warner Bros to let Joel Schumacher make Batman Triumphant.
March 21, 2013, 03:08 PM
Logan
Rob Thomas on the movie details:

http://www.comingsoon.net/news...ienews.php?id=101829
March 27, 2013, 08:25 AM
Starchild
I received another update. More good news for international fans!

"As of right now, residents of the following countries can pledge to the Veronica Mars Kickstarter Project: Australia, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, New Zealand, Spain, Sweden, UK.

Our first nine reward levels are open to overseas backers. Thank you so much for your patience. We're so happy to have you aboard."

March 27, 2013, 01:53 PM
Triple-Frog
I'm on board at the $200 level Dance .
September 04, 2013, 07:45 AM
jademaliburoad
Fans made the movie project happen thanks to kickstarter. A creative set would be very nice, limited run.

March 14, 2014, 01:22 PM
Raven
This movie opened today in limited release and got very positive reviews. It was made for the fans and will be available for download very quickly. It's also breaking new ground with the distribution after its short run..

Very happy to hear this because I liked the show and will pick up this "extended episode" as soon as I can find it.

This should be a big boost for Kickstarter.
March 14, 2014, 05:08 PM
chris meeks
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
This movie opened today in limited release and got very positive reviews. It was made for the fans and will be available for download very quickly. It's also breaking new ground with the distribution after its short run..

Very happy to hear this because I liked the show and will pick up this "extended episode" as soon as I can find it.

This should be a big boost for Kickstarter.

VUDU already has it up for rent/purchase!
March 15, 2014, 02:07 AM
Jake
The movie was GREAT! We went to 1 of the few theater showings tonight after work!

It's already available through a lot of sources like vudu and iTunes for those that are interested.