Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Veronica Mars Movie Project

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/2397054926

March 13, 2013, 02:08 PM
estephano
Veronica Mars Movie Project
If you are one of the many fans asking for a Veronica Mars movie, you can make it happen! Kristen Bell and Rob Thomas have started a Kickstarter campaign to raise funds for the film. The movie will be funded if at least $2,000,000 is pledged by Friday Apr 12, 2013 and with a month to go already ~$800,000 have been raised by fans.

So, after we already had two Veronica Mars sets by Inkworks it would be interesting if another card company picks up the license to produce a "Veronica Mars: The Movie" set.

For more informations visit the movie project's site: http://www.kickstarter.com/pro...a-mars-movie-project
March 13, 2013, 03:02 PM
MrBlueofnyc
Donated this morning !!! Cant wait

March 13, 2013, 03:40 PM
Starchild
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
Donated this morning !!! Cant wait

Me too! I am so glad they are doing this!

March 13, 2013, 04:04 PM
Blue Horseshoe
The total is up to 1.2 million already.

I would love to donate but all of the options bar the $10 digital download of the script are USA only.

Dave.

March 13, 2013, 04:44 PM
estephano
quote:
Originally posted by Blue Horseshoe:
The total is up to 1.2 million already.

Wow, that is another $400,000 within less than 3 hours! There must be A LOT of fans out there.
March 13, 2013, 05:00 PM
Blue Horseshoe
Total up to 1.35 million.

At this rate they will reach the 2 million in the next 6 hours.

Dave.

March 13, 2013, 05:10 PM
rwn410
I've only ever seen clips of the show through channel hopping but this whole kickstarter fund is brilliant!

Really hope this inspires the same thing for other shows! Big Grin Particularly ones that seemed to just stop abruptly - Alcatraz and Tru Calling spring to mind.

Not sure about trading cards though, Veronica Mars season 2 cards didn't seem that popular as far as I could tell?
March 13, 2013, 05:25 PM
Triple-Frog
Would love to see this come to fruition,loved the show and have all the cards.Such a pity all but the lowest option is USA only,they would make the total for sure if they opened up some of the other options to overseas.It was not just popular in the USA!
March 13, 2013, 06:34 PM
Chuck Bartowski
Already up to 1.59 million.
March 13, 2013, 06:51 PM
Starchild
1.63 Dance

March 13, 2013, 06:58 PM
estephano
quote:
Originally posted by Starchild:
1.63 Dance

6 minutes later and another $20.000 were raised. Now at $1.65 million. This is crazy!
March 13, 2013, 06:59 PM
Incarnadine
At this rate they might fund the whole movie this way after another month. Wink

I loved the show and bought a case of both card releases.
Part of the problem was the sets were pretty unimaginative, and another was they made way too much of it. On the plus side they did get good signers within the bounds of the show, although only Kristen Bell and Amanda Seyfried have held much value, which says a lot about their popularity since they both signed a lot of cards (one of the big complaints about Inkworks when they went under and people learned how many extra cards they had people sign for pretty much every release).
I would love to see Cryptozoic get a license for the movie and do a limited release of around 3000-3500 boxes like they did for Vampire Diaries, although that may be too small to make a 1 off set worthwhile.
Still, I can put it on my wish list.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

March 13, 2013, 07:34 PM
Starchild
quote:
Originally posted by estephano:
quote:
Originally posted by Starchild:
1.63 Dance

6 minutes later and another $20.000 were raised. Now at $1.65 million. This is crazy!

1.85 Eek

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Starchild,

March 13, 2013, 08:31 PM
Starchild
8:29pm here on the US East Coast. This is now up to 1.90 mil.

This is insane. I am so glad to know there are others out there who miss VM as much as I do.

March 13, 2013, 08:53 PM
fuchaldream
Getting ready to get in on this. It was one of my favorite shows, and I could not believe they cancelled it with some of the junk on TV.
March 13, 2013, 08:57 PM
estephano
The goal to raise $2 MILLION has just been passed within LESS than 24 hours and the project is still running for another 30 days. Eek

This is totally insane! Elephant
March 13, 2013, 10:35 PM
Chris Cline
2.2 Million in less then a day! Studios take note! Lets us invest in what we want to see and we will!

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
March 14, 2013, 12:18 AM
FRANK AMICO
THIS WOULD BE VERY INTERESTING IF THEY CAN GET IT TOGETHER. I actually have Chili's Veronica Mars gift card that I would trade for the Kristen Bell 501 Legion Card-I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FOR THIS EVER SINCE I found out it existed so if someone wants this hard to get card and has that card let me know. She is such a cool girl.
March 14, 2013, 05:44 AM
Triple-Frog
WOW! Eek .Now over $2.5 million and all the rewards at $500 and above have gone!

Think some TV companies are looking at this and wondering about the shows they cancelled?
March 14, 2013, 06:38 AM
cardster
Never heard of Kickstarter before but this is a great idea and great news.

So hoping there will be a card set for this. Are you listening Cryptozoic , Breygent, Rittenhouse etc !! Wink Thumb Up