Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek 50th Anniversary (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek 50th Anniversary (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
I am no Trekkie either but Somme cool cards and autos will be cool

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Rittenhouse has posted the full list of sketch artists and their scarcities:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...os50/artist-list.cfm

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
The 1st Golden Ticket has been Found..

Susan Oliver Cut Signature Card #1 of 13

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Captain Sweatpants!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
It's not a golden ticket unless it includes a trip to the Chocolate Factory. Big Grin

But it's a sweet pull. Thumb Up

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Susan Oliver Sold!

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
From The Rittenhouse Archives Forum :

Subject: RE: TOS 50th Ann Date: 03/18/2016
Author: Steve Charendoff Reply

$7,500 for one of the Susan Oliver cut signature cards sold on ebay today. To the best of my knowledge, this sets a new all-time Rittenhouse record for the highest price paid for a single card. I believe the previous all-time high was $5,000 for one of the first Gene Roddenberry cut signature cards several years ago. Very cool!

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Wow, that is incredible and all I can do is shake my head. Is that a confirmed sale, as in paid for with real money? Big Grin

I pay attention to autograph prices and there is no way I can justify that kind of a price on this card. Don't get me wrong, it's a great card, but $7,500 worth. Never.

There are 12 other copies of the card, although the cut signature may well look different on each if the source is not the same paper.

Susan Oliver herself died in 1990 at a relatively young age of 58. She was best known as a TV actress that appeared as a guest star of many shows in the 70s/80s. She was somewhat popular at the time, but I seriously doubt anyone today could remember very many of the parts she played.

Granted you need this card for a master set, but you also need the two other cut signatures from deceased actors who were arguably better known in their time than Oliver. If you think this is setting the bar, what prices should they fetch?

I'm very happy for the seller if he really gets this much, but there is no precedent for this in terms of comparison to other non-sport autograph cards of an equal level celebrity that I can think of.

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Yes, It was Paid for. I sold it , so I would know Cool

A Jeff Hunter Sold for 5,000 & a Jill Ireland sold for 2,500.

Hunter was Numbered 11/12.

I believe in a premium on #1 & #1701.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Always a premium on the #1 autograph, but you really caught a whopper. Wink

Enjoy! Smile

posted Hide Post
I saw one cut signature on eBay today for well over 1k gbp. Well this has things interesting

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
to keep things interesting....

The AR Wars have begun....
I've lined up a few.... but we Start with

Spock by Mick & Matt Glebe

Glebe Star Trek 50th Anniversary Artist Return from entertainment illustrators Mick & Matt Glebe!
The AR measures approximately 4X5 (uncropped/oversized for tons of detail) and are hand-rendered in traditional mixed medium on Rittenhouse official card stock.

here are all of the Glebe ARs

I have more Lined Up from Different Artists... Including a Special one I Requested Early On...... Never seen a Sketch Card of this One Before......

will post as they come in.....

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
For my Star Trek Autograph matte. I bought signed 3x5 cards from both Gene Roddenberry & Jeffrey Hunter. Spent a $100 for each. But, this was a few years ago.

Posts: 526 | Location: nj | Registered: April 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ts:
For my Star Trek Autograph matte. I bought signed 3x5 cards from both Gene Roddenberry & Jeffrey Hunter. Spent a $100 for each. But, this was a few years ago.

That is exactly the same type of material that card companies use to mount into cut signature cards. I saw one of the Jill Ireland cuts online and it was the signature portion of one of her old checks. Checks are also a favorite vehicle, along with index cards, letters and 8 x 10 photos, to be spliced up and get inserted into a card window.

Now the thing that makes it worth anything at all is that the signature has to be certified by some authority, since the cut signature card is guaranteed by the issuing card company.

That is how you can take a nominal purchase of an uncertified generic item that no one is very interested in and turn it into a valuable collectible. And I say that with admiration. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
eBay seems to be going mad with this set, the cut autos are super high priced and the art is going the same way.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
remember, the price of the cases was higher than normal on this release,Totally Worth it in my view...even the Base set are High Quality, Die-Cut & Has Serious Gold Foil Stamping going on.

That Being said, Base sets Never Sell, Most People buy a Box & get a set, after they see what they get...then they shop for the rest.

The Items in Demand are the Cuts & the Sketches..... Most people won't hit a sketch & Hitting a Cut is "w/ luck" 1 in 18 cases.......

Shatner is the Best Auto Hit that isn't a Cut...everything else is under $100. Shatner falls 1 in every 6 cases on average.

So for the Most Part, The Sketch HAS TO Carry the Case for the Most Part..... You won't complete a any subset from 1 Case.....

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm a big fan/collector of the classic original series autograph design only, so I wish Rittenhouse just stuck with that, even if technically they would nearly all be repeat signers. Just use different images and that would be enough for me. I would love to see that numbering go up to A500 or higher. I have a bit of a thing for autograph numbering that continues set after set...I just think it's ultra-cool with Star Trek TOS being the gold standard. So long story short, I'm not a fan of all these different autograph designs. I see the point of having to spice it up somehow when you're relying almost entirely on repeat signers, but judging by the prices of these on ebay, it doesn't seem to be generating much excitement. The chance of a cut sig and the sketches are definitely what's driving this set.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
So long story short, I'm not a fan of all these different autograph designs. I see the point of having to spice it up somehow when you're relying almost entirely on repeat signers, but judging by the prices of these on ebay, it doesn't seem to be generating much excitement. The chance of a cut sig and the sketches are definitely what's driving this set.

By my count from the checklist, there are 3 new signers and the 3 cut signatures are of course new signers, but you can hardly count those. So yes, a series this old and this well covered is going to be mainly repeats. There are at least a couple of people who have rarely appeared though, so that's a plus.

I have to say that as a non-trekkie who just dabbles in the autographs I am actually pleasantly surprised. I have seen a few ST titles languishing on shelves in recent years and I think this has come out, if you don't want to say hot, at least warm.

Sure the sketches and cut signatures are driving this set. I think that general comment on the value of premium hits and incentive cards could apply to many recent products. And some of the pricing I've seen for the 50th's cuts and sketches are frankly insane, but that is not for me to worry about. I'd love to pull one, but I sure as hell wouldn't try to buy one.

What I do like is that the most of the rest of the hits seem fairly affordable. I don't see that as not generating excitement, I see it as a good thing for those of us not so heavily invested in the other sets. It is a chance to get autographs we didn't have at good prices while others are chasing the scarce cards that are driving the set. Maybe I'm wrong not being a ST expert, but I'm happy with it.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Maybe I'm wrong not being a ST expert, but I'm happy with it.

It's just a preference of mine. I'm sure others like the different designs. I myself really like the look of the black bordered cards, I just won't buy them because they aren't the original design. And no matter how long Rittenhouse continues with that design, it will never be as "complete" as the classic design since so many of those signers have already passed away. I realize it's almost impossible to generate a lot of buzz with the regular autographs when they're made up almost entirely of repeat signers. Continuing on with the classic design, even with all the repeats, is just my preference. I'm probably in the minority though as usual. Big Grin

posted Hide Post
Well two boxes are in the way let's see if I can have some good cards