Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek 50th Anniversary (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek 50th Anniversary (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tollickd:
Well two boxes are in the way let's see if I can have some good cards

Good luck with your breaks. Thumb Up

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
This was a great set! I enjoyed it very much. They seemed to have aimed for a high quality product from base sets to inserts. The base is awesome and worth picking up!!! The mirror cards are amazing! I can't even begin to decide what sketches to keep.
The cut cards...any rare cards...will always be a source of discussion good or bad. And the prices startled me a bit!

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI....

The #1 Jill Ireland Cut has shown Up (you know where) for $3995.00. No, It's Not mine. that means there's a Jeffrey Hunter number 1 out there somewhere.....

Yes , I notified the person who got the Susan Oliver....just in case.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
The person who got my Susan Oliver #1 just snagged the Jill Ireland #1. I got a Nice Thank You for the Heads Up.... If you have the #1 Jeffrey Hunter..... this person wants it.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
I bought another 7 cases...... I hit this in the 2nd one....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I wonder how many of the Jill Ireland cuts had the signature with her married name like #28, Jill Ireland Bronson? Maybe some, maybe all or maybe no others?

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I wonder how many of the Jill Ireland cuts had the signature with her married name like #28, Jill Ireland Bronson? Maybe some, maybe all or maybe no others?

9 of the 35 have turned up on ebay so far, and of those 6 are signed "Jill Ireland Bronson" while the other 3 are just "Jill Ireland".

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Interesting, so we have a variant signature as well.

Although in the case of cut signature autograph cards I'm not sure if the term variant should even apply since each card could potentially look different than the rest of them based on the source material that the autograph was clipped from.

Oh the questions we have to ponder. Big Grin

Posts: 10410 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
this may spice it up....

here is a quote from Rittenhouse Archives Forum :

Subject: RE: TOS 50th Ann Date: 03/14/2016
Author: Steve Charendoff Reply

Please keep in mind that we do not insert absolutely every one of the cut signature cards. We keep a set for our own archives, plus we have a small number put aside for customer service issues, as well as cards for the Star Trek merchandising/licensing group.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Can't get much spicier with the prices of these cuts, but that is always the case. RA keeps a set for themselves and I think nearly every manufacturer holds back some cards for damage replacements and complaints, not to even mention "favorite sons". So I wouldn't bet that all numbered cards of anything get seeded.

On the other hand, sometimes what they hold back for replacement is the same card, but it now gets hand numbered. In those cases the supply is actually greater than what is documented or expected. Not here though apparently.

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
so there is allways less in the boxes than the anounced numbers imply.

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
so there is allways less in the boxes than the anounced numbers imply.

I would not say always, because sometimes there are hand numbered cards that might be held back or the cards are unnumbered to begin with and the actual print run is not disclosed.

I would say most of the time there are fewer seeded than implied and just looking at it from a business standpoint you could understand why. There isn't anything horribly wrong with it and I think there is a lot more transparency in the process than there used to be in the hay day of sports cards when everyone claimed they had a key to the back door, and some did. Wink

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
How much the holding back of cut signatures bothers me depends on how many cuts were made. With the Jill Ireland card, if they kept 3 or 4 of the 35, that doesn't bother me all that much. But lower numbered cards do. Case in point - their Twilight Zone Series 4 Rod Serling Cut Signature. Now those are #'d to 5. They made 5000 boxes of that, x 40 packs per box = 200,000 packs. The odds of pulling the Serling cut according to Jeff's site are 1:100,000 packs. If those odds are accurate that means only 2 of the 5 were actually pack inserted. That bothers me a little. I almost wish they didn't even announce there were 5. Just say there are 2 and number them to 2. Keep the ones you want to or need to, just don't number them as part of the amount that is supposed to be available to collectors. It's not something I get that worked up about though, as I'll probably never be fortunate enough to own one regardless.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Glebe AR is In! It's Massive!

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post

I couldn't tell who drew this sketch.... somehow that part of my message didn't Post.

It's all Good...It's Kristin Allen. This is the Only Sketch of Any Ship In This Set by Her!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
for those keeping track.... The Second Susan Oliver Cut Signature has Sold for $5K.

http://item.ebay.co.uk/2917247...n=1&rc=nt&rmvSB=true

a 3rd one has turned up for $6800 OBO..... No Takers yet...

So Three Susan Oliver Cut Signatures out of 13 have made it to eBay.... How many more are there to be found?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
One thing's for sure: Susan Oliver has a lovely signature!

The penmanship of signers these days, particularly the young ones is so bad. But if you're gonna pay big bucks for a cut signature at least it looks nice.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Victory_is_Mine!!
posted Hide Post
Logan, with the Rod Serling Cut, they kept #1 and #5. The other 3 were in packs. I had 1 of the 3, and one was pulled about a month before I found mine. Not sure if the 3rd person ever came forward, or if it remains buried in a sealed box/case in someones spare room.

Posts: 86 | Location: Iowa | Registered: April 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hey all, it is really interesting to read this thread and also to see what awesome cards you guys hit.

I just wanted to let you know that the fear of getting ripped of with this set actually happened to me.
I bought to boxes on eBay, which were already opened. I didn't really think a lot of it, as I did not know about the Die-Cut-problems with the base set and chase cards.
However, as you already might expect, I got absolutely NO Chase card in my in the whole 24 packs of the first box. So I read a little bit online and found this thread...next thing I did was only looking at the other 24 packs and checking whether I could feel if there is anything in there besides cards from the base set.

Guess what? Yes, only cards from the base set. As the base set is really sturdy, it is reaaaaaaally easy to check whether you hit a pack with a chase card or not (and I will not hit even one, as the guy who sold these boxes had the same idea).

So, please be very carful when buying (opened) boxes of packs of this set online / on eBay. Well, unless you are really fond of the base set Wink

Cheers,
Tim

Posts: 1 | Location: Hamburg, Germany | Registered: April 28, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Tim,

Sorry to hear it. the dealer got a whole lot of Money for Base cards. He got a lot of packs with blank cards but he kept all the good stuff.

I knew a dealer who repacked Star Trek Boxes back when it was One auto per box. Once he hit the Auto, He'd Stop with that box & move on to the next.....after busting his cases...he'd repack as boxes as he could & sell at Conventions per pack cheaper than anyone else.

He was in a small town in TX. always saw him at the Dallas Sci-Fi Expo.

haven't seen him in a LONG TIME.