Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Star Trek 50th Anniversary (Rittenhouse)
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Star Trek 50th Anniversary (Rittenhouse)
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
That really is a stellar line up. I especially liked to see another Teri Garr, amoung others not so common.

I can only think of one person missing and it is too bad that RA couldn't find a way to throw in maybe even a few cut signatures of Nimoy.

Not for any reason other than to just have his autograph included in the 50th Anniversary set.

Wow I just looked at the checklist and he does have a limited incentive autograph in there, so great work. Also there are 3 cut-signatures and 2 other autograph incentives. I think RA has really covered the Original Series as much as possible now. Thumb Up

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
Good to see Robert Walker Jr. (Silver) & Kim Darby (Silver).

I hope RA had Charlie Brill Do a Dual Auto for the Over All Trek 50th.... As Arne Darvin from TOS Trouble with Tribbles & DS9 Trials and Tribble-ations. That would be fun.

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Autograph images have been added to the checklist:

http://www.scifihobby.com/prod...cklist.cfm?SetID=326

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
According to Rittenhouse's facebook page the release date has been pushed back two days to Friday, March 18.

Posts: 2147 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
EDITED TIL RELEASE!

Sorry About That.....

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kryten67,

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Steve Charendoff on the Rittenhouse forum posted this regarding the opening of these packs:

"Quick update on TOS 50th. Please be careful when opening the packs. It may be best to use scissors, rather than tearing open packs at the fin-seal. The base cards are die-cut on all 4 corners, so the chase cards stick out. If you cut open each pack with a scissors, there's less chance of accidentally bending a corner of a chase card."

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Logan:
Steve Charendoff on the Rittenhouse forum posted this regarding the opening of these packs:

"Quick update on TOS 50th. Please be careful when opening the packs. It may be best to use scissors, rather than tearing open packs at the fin-seal. The base cards are die-cut on all 4 corners, so the chase cards stick out. If you cut open each pack with a scissors, there's less chance of accidentally bending a corner of a chase card."

Is there any danger of cutting a chase card if you do this??

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This sounds like a recipe for disaster to me. Eek

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Someone should have realized that the designs were going to clash before they got made.

Now here's what I'm thinking, by saying chase cards, are they also including the autograph cards? I would think it does since the autograph series for RA's Star Trek is pretty consistent.

If so, 2 bad things could happen. You may wind up with autograph cards with bent corners or, even worse, the sealed packs might be fingered to find the ones containing those cards. That would be a recipe for disaster.

So tell me it is not the autograph cards please.

Just checked the website photos, autograph cards are not die-cut. This should be interesting, not in a good way. Frown

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Raven,

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
From Steve Charendoff on The RA forum...

Here is the breakdown of the cut signature cards: Jeffrey Hunter (12), Susan Oliver (13) and Jill Ireland (35).

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by anthonyd:
Is there any danger of cutting a chase card if you do this??

Only if you don't feel where the card is before cutting... and I'm not sure how dim someone would need to be to do that... I doubt anyone here is!

I've opened every pack I've ever opened with scissors. Tearing them makes no sense to me.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
the sealed packs might be fingered to find the ones containing those cards.

This is a bigger concern to me... unless the whole world really does tear packs open instead of cutting them? I can't imagine why anyone would do that, since the risk of damage is far, far greater. Even careful people could accidentally damage a card by tearing the pack, scissors put absolutely no pressure on the cards provided you make sure none are sticking up at the end - only an idiot would cut into them without checking.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
I've opened every pack I've ever opened with scissors. Tearing them makes no sense to me.

Big Grin I am a tearer from way back. I just pull the top seam carefully, if I have damaged any cards in the process I guess I don't know about it. Now dropping them on the floor and mashing a corner I have done a couple of times. Eek

But I have seen case breakers wearing gloves, so it all depends on how careful you think is careful. I don't obsess over my cards as much as some.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
But I have seen case breakers wearing gloves, so it all depends on how careful you think is careful. I don't obsess over my cards as much as some.

Woah, paranoid much?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
quote:

Woah, paranoid much?

Who? Me or the gloved breakers? Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Who? Me or the gloved breakers? Big Grin

The glovers. I mean yeah, cards are delicate, but it's not surgery Wink

posted Hide Post
I am very tempted by a few boxes of this!! Might wait for some of the first break vids

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
You mention first break videos, I don't find them all that helpful in products where you have consistent stated odds. Here you are going to get a full base set, 2 autographs and 2 other chase cards per box. Sketches have long odds, cut signatures even longer. RA puts out the checklist and keys the autographs for number range. Images are available.

What more can a box break tell you that you don't already know? If it is done honestly, it's just an average box. If it has low value cards or if it has high value cards, it doesn't mean your picks will be similar.

If you buy blind boxes, it's all just luck. I do it when I know I like the title and I know I want a base set. If that's what you mean by tempted, that's one thing. If you are looking for multiple boxes for resale value, that's another. Wink

posted Hide Post
Well I am not looking for resale value I am always looking for great cards and autos/relics. I like to see what the other base cards looks like.

Posts: 22 | Location: Cyprus | Registered: March 17, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tollickd:
Well I am not looking for resale value I am always looking for great cards and autos/relics. I like to see what the other base cards looks like.

Well in two days they will be all over the place. Big Grin

The base cards will be die cut and have gold foil, I'm thinking like the Bond cards. I would also be interested in seeing the two bonus sets for Mirror, Mirror and The Cage too. Those chase sets will be limited compared to the base cards.

I'm lucky in that Star Trek is a major title for my LHS, so I don't have to preorder and can afford to wait until the release date. I'm not a Trekkie, so I won't look to complete, just pick around the edges. Wink