Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
2020 Upper Deck Marvel Ages

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/2377001696

May 01, 2021, 07:14 PM
Kennywood
2020 Upper Deck Marvel Ages
The following Comic Clippings card states that the clipping is from a comic with artwork by George Perez:

Per George Perez's Facebook page:

Unfortunately, this particular card is currently on eBay. (Buyer beware.)

May 02, 2021, 06:54 AM
Raj
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
The following Comic Clippings card states that the clipping is from a comic with artwork by George Perez:

Per George Perez's Facebook page:
    quote:
    Please note that the Namor and She-Hulk art is by Ron Lim, not George Perez. UpperDeck has a few errors in these "Comic Clipping" line.

Unfortunately, this particular card is currently on eBay. (Buyer beware.)

George Perez did the first page (splash) page of the issue and the rest was by Ron Lim & Joe Rubenstein. The listings for the issue just lists George as Penciller/Inker without mentioning that, for this issue, he only did one page.
The description on the card would actually be correct if the cut was from the splash page but wrong for every other page.
May 02, 2021, 07:38 AM
cardaddict
Was that the mutated Chia Pets issue?
May 04, 2021, 04:48 AM
mykdude
I had higher hopes for this set. I picked up a couple of Howard the Ducks for my collection and decided to leave the rest alone.

Another design failure from UD in my opinion.

May 04, 2021, 07:59 AM
webjon
It is interesting that Perez is even aware of these. He isn't on the autograph checklist, so he either must be paying attention to stuff like this or someone brought it to his attention.