Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    2020 Upper Deck Marvel Ages
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

2020 Upper Deck Marvel Ages
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted
The following Comic Clippings card states that the clipping is from a comic with artwork by George Perez:

Per George Perez's Facebook page:
    quote:
    Please note that the Namor and She-Hulk art is by Ron Lim, not George Perez. UpperDeck has a few errors in these "Comic Clipping" line.

Unfortunately, this particular card is currently on eBay. (Buyer beware.)

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
The following Comic Clippings card states that the clipping is from a comic with artwork by George Perez:

Per George Perez's Facebook page:
    quote:
    Please note that the Namor and She-Hulk art is by Ron Lim, not George Perez. UpperDeck has a few errors in these "Comic Clipping" line.

Unfortunately, this particular card is currently on eBay. (Buyer beware.)

George Perez did the first page (splash) page of the issue and the rest was by Ron Lim & Joe Rubenstein. The listings for the issue just lists George as Penciller/Inker without mentioning that, for this issue, he only did one page.
The description on the card would actually be correct if the cut was from the splash page but wrong for every other page.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Was that the mutated Chia Pets issue?

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of mykdude
posted Hide Post
I had higher hopes for this set. I picked up a couple of Howard the Ducks for my collection and decided to leave the rest alone.

Another design failure from UD in my opinion.

Posts: 4849 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: March 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It is interesting that Perez is even aware of these. He isn't on the autograph checklist, so he either must be paying attention to stuff like this or someone brought it to his attention.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post