Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Castle Trading Cards from Cryptozoic?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Castle Trading Cards from Cryptozoic?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
quote:

It could be that they are saving Katic and Quinn for the next set, but CZE hasn't really been that kind of company which leads me to believe that Katic refused to sign, and probably won't be convinced to sign if there is another set. Not sure about Quinn, but I would guess she declined to sign as well.

Walking Dead definitely didn't have everyone signing in the first set. I know the actor who played Rick signed for the second set. I am assuming that Cryptozoic is doing each set as best they can and maybe Stana couldn't sign in time or maybe she really will never sign- we won't know either way unless we support this set.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
quote:

It could be that they are saving Katic and Quinn for the next set, but CZE hasn't really been that kind of company which leads me to believe that Katic refused to sign, and probably won't be convinced to sign if there is another set. Not sure about Quinn, but I would guess she declined to sign as well.

Walking Dead definitely didn't have everyone signing in the first set. I know the actor who played Rick signed for the second set. I am assuming that Cryptozoic is doing each set as best they can and maybe Stana couldn't sign in time or maybe she really will never sign- we won't know either way unless we support this set.

Val

I get that. I'm busting 3 cases of it. While I'm extremely disappointed in no Katic and no Quinn I do like the auto lineup, and think the costume card lineup is excellent

You gotta love Fillion though. Not sure on how many boxes are being produced of this, but if it's the standard 7000 boxes, Fillion would have had to sign 350+ costume cards to get the ratio at 1:20 boxes on top of his regular auto card.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Jealous that you are opening three cases- hope you get some great pulls though Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
Curious on how many binders they tend to make for these sets. The dual wardrobe in each binder of Kate & Rick should be nice.
Thanks,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I don't think you can fault Crypto if certain actors don't want to provide autographs, I'm sure they tried for both Katic and Quinn.

However negative backlash from some collectors who have bought product expecting a full cast representation should also be expected. I think such assumptions are premature and should not be the reason why anyone buys the cards, but these boxes are being marked up right at release, so there are a lot of presales.

Walking Dead, Vampire Diaries, Big Bang Theory and now Castle are all following the same formula and they are expensive. That's all great if you are lucky enough to pull those limited auto/wardrobes or hits of the short printed main cast, but those who don't are going to complain about it after.

Its a double edged sword, everyone loves it until they hate it. Big Grin

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Here is the link:

Last Piece of the Castle

Will there be an Alan Biegel autograph/costume card? There's better documentation that it's "show worn" than Nathan's version. Cool

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic announced that the release was on time with their online supply store stocked, yet there is little talk and no box/case breaks that I can see. Has anyone actually gotten their merchandise, or was the announcement premature?

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of VinnyH
posted Hide Post
I'll have my case tomorrow according to the UPS tracking from Blowout Cards.
I also got a Fedex tracking code from Cryptozoic for my 1 binder but there's no update yet on delivery date.

Best to All,
VinnyH

Posts: 102 | Location: Pleasantville, NY | Registered: November 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I got my case early this morning. Unfortunately, it was right before I went to work so I only had enough time to open 2 boxes. I was going to post it later when I finished opening everything later tonight.

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Anyone know how many cases of this have been made? Smile

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Nobody know? Has it not been mentioned?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Castle Seasons 3 & 4 Trading Cards

Starring Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle and Stana Katic as Kate Beckett, Castle is produced by ABC Studios. Andrew Marlowe is the show's creator/executive producer, along with executive producers Rob Bowman, David Amann, Laurie Zaks and Armyan Bernstein.

Don't miss your favorite moments from seasons three and four of the hit ABC show, Castle! Featuring production-used costumes, the Wardrobe and Dual Wardrobe cards are the perfect collectible for any Castle fan!

Key Features:

• Look for randomly inserted Autograph, Wardrobe and Dual Wardrobe cards.
  • The base set features episodic images from seasons three and four of the hit show!
  • Collect key moments of your favorite your favorite fictional couple--Caskett!

Product Details:

Release Date: December 03, 2014
Packs: 5 Cards per pack, 24 packs per box
MSRP: $3.50 per pack
Base Set: 72 card base set Features episodic images from Seasons 3 & 4

Chase Sets: Caskett (1:12 packs)

Castle at Home (1:12 packs)

Behind the Scenes (1:12 packs)

Inserts: Autograph cards (1:24 packs), Wardrobe (21) and (5) Dual Wardrobe cards (1:24 packs)

Autograph Signers (Signers in Bold have returned cards, Signers with an * are under contract):

Nathan Fillion as Richard Castle (10/10)
Molly C. Quinn as Alexis Castle (10/15)
Tamala Jones as Dr. Lanie Parish (10/16)
Seamus Dever as Detective Kevin Ryan (10/3)
Penny Johnson Jerald as Captain Victoria Gates (10/9)
Adrian Pasdar as DHS Agent Mark Fallon (10/9)
Bruce Davison as Lou Karnacki (10/2)
Lee Tergesen as Marcus Gates (10/9)

Tim Guinee as Andrew Haynes (10/13)
Derek Webster as Mayor Robert Weldon (10/13)

Richard Burgi as Charlie Turner (10/3)
Brett Cullen as Christian Dahl (10/2)
John Kapelos as Joe Pulgatti (10/9)
Teri Polo as Kayla Baron (10/9)

Autograph Gallery:

Binder: Binder: Contains an exclusive Wardrobe card

Wardrobes:

Dual Wardrobes: (1:24 packs)

Promotional Cards:

P1 - Castle Season 5 DVD Exclusive (also comes with two gaming cards for Castle/September 2013)

P2 - Philly Non-Sports Card Show (September 2013)

P3 - Non-Sport Update Magazine (June/July 2014)

http://cryptozoic.com/trading-...ns-3-4-trading-cards

This message has been edited. Last edited by: SerialKilnWalkr,

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Signers Seamus Dever, Bruce Davison, Richard Burgi, & Brett Cullen have returned their signed cards.

Images added above.

File naming configuration does not allow us to get an accurate autograph list order at this time. For now I will use the Trading Cards page signer list for order.

Posts: 79 | Location: Cincinnati, OH | Registered: October 05, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Signers Penny Johnson Jerald, Adrian Pasdar, Lee Tergesen, John Kapelos, & Teri Polo have returned their signed cards. Images added to post above.

posted Hide Post
Signers Nathan Fillion, Tim Guinee, & Derek Webster have returned their signed cards. Images added.

posted Hide Post
Signer Molly C. Quinn has returned her signed cards, image added.

posted Hide Post
Final signer Tamala Jones has returned her signed cards, image added.

Looking at a possible late November release.

posted Hide Post
Official release date: December 3, 2014

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SerialKilnWalkr:

Yep, one week after Supernatural.

CZE really needs to consider cash flow with both dealers and collectors when they release sets. There's only so much hobby money to go around, especially with the holidays approaching.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by SerialKilnWalkr:

Yep, one week after Supernatural.

CZE really needs to consider cash flow with both dealers and collectors when they release sets. There's only so much hobby money to go around, especially with the holidays approaching.

Ed

I suspect they may have their own cash flow to consider and need funds now rather than later.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post