Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Castle Trading Cards from Cryptozoic?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Castle Trading Cards from Cryptozoic?
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted
Are there Castle trading cards in the future? Look in the background of this video. It certainly looks that way.

MTV Toy Fair Coverage

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook

Posts: 1177 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I saw that too, Ryan. I have just posted about it on the blog:

Cryptozoic Announces Castle Trading Cards At Toy Fair

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
Awesome- even more awesome since both Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic have signed cards in the past.

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of watchers of watchers
posted Hide Post
I see it says pending approval in the video? So I guess with all the other sets yet to come out, I would guess these will be out next year sometime?

Posts: 330 | Location: th,indiana,usa | Registered: June 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh that is nice. More cards for me plan on buying in the future. Smile

Posts: 97 | Location: United States | Registered: November 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by watchers of watchers:
I see it says pending approval in the video? So I guess with all the other sets yet to come out, I would guess these will be out next year sometime?

My guess on that is that the designs (box design, wrapper design, etc.) has not been approved by ABC (or whomever is the licensor) yet. They may have just received the license before Toy Fair and mocked-up something quickly to have on display and put the "pending approval" notice there to let buyers know that this may not be how the final product looks. I wouldn't assume this gives any sort of bearing on when the series will be released.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Cool, another set that I'll want to keep some of the goodies. Roll Eyes

Watch the show faithfully, it's light and does not take absolute concentration to follow while I sort cards. Smile

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Wow, Cryptozoic is really on a roll. Metal

All these amazing licenses, I'm going to be broke for a very long time. Shake Head Wink

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Natalie
posted Hide Post
Happy happy happy Bouncey

Posts: 310 | Location: Louisville | Registered: October 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yay!! Finally something from Cryptozoic that I am interested in.

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of CordeliaChase_Fan
posted Hide Post
It's a great show- Fillion is charming, dashing, etc, Katic is tough as nails yet feminine, the ensemble is great...I am definitely looking forward to this one. Smile

Val

Posts: 1314 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: July 14, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Incarnadine
posted Hide Post
Another set I would be interested in. It's so nice to see all these new licenses, it's really reviving my interest in collecting.
I hope the Castle set is successful so we might get sets for shows like Revenge or maybe The Mentalist.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

Posts: 5142 | Location: Vancouver/B.C./Canada | Registered: October 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
Great news, I'd love to see auto's from Castle's poker pals: Stephen J Cannell,James Patterson and Michael Connelly, and maybe a prop card of a dust jacket from one of Castle's books.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AJJ:
Great news, I'd love to see auto's from Castle's poker pals: Stephen J Cannell,James Patterson and Michael Connelly, and maybe a prop card of a dust jacket from one of Castle's books.

You won't see any from Stephen J Cannell, he died in 2010

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jason00:
quote:

You won't see any from Stephen J Cannell, he died in 2010

I didn't know that, maybe a cut card.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

They are super tough to find, but 5FINITY had Stephen J Cannell autos in their Greatest American hero set.

They typically aren't terribly price either.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Curious if there is any new info out there on this set. Really looking forward to it.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The following details were listed on a sales pitch from a UK dealer:

CASTLE Seasons 1&2 Trading Cards & Binder

Contents Summary:

• 72 Card Base Set Featuring Episodic Images

• Behind The Scenes Chase Set

• Character Bios Chase Set

• Scene of the Crime Chase Set

• Autographs from the main cast and reoccurring guest stars

• Wardrobe Cards featuring costumes from the main cast

No release date was quoted Frown

Dave

Posts: 168 | Location: Green Hammerton, Yorkshire, UK | Registered: November 15, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of piperh33
posted Hide Post
Any news for a release date ? Confused

Posts: 130 | Location: Bordeaux, France | Registered: December 19, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am interested also. I have preordered a case and can't even see where it is listed on Cryptozoic's web page. It doesn't appear it will be released any time soon.

Posts: 249 | Location: Virginia | Registered: April 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post