Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
Castle Trading Cards from Cryptozoic?

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/955604453/m/2327067616

January 22, 2013, 08:13 AM
H_Toser
Castle Trading Cards from Cryptozoic?
We'll have some Castle Seasons 1 & 2 news early this afternoon you'll want to see Smile -- around 2 or so. Be sure to keep an eye on NSU's blog for that.

January 22, 2013, 02:08 PM
Chuck Bartowski
Yikes...pretty messed up that Stana's not signing for the set. I wonder if they just couldn't get her to sign.

The redemption card sounds nice.
January 22, 2013, 02:15 PM
Chris Cline
Must be saving her for the next series...

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/
January 22, 2013, 02:18 PM
Chuck Bartowski
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:
Must be saving her for the next series...

Could be, but CZE hasn't really been a save a signer kind of company. I'm pretty surprised that Stana isn't signing for this set. I wonder if they got Molly Quinn to sign.
January 22, 2013, 02:23 PM
snoopy351
no stana auto = regrets about my pre-orders, ouch.
January 22, 2013, 02:52 PM
Bacall1
They have probably known she wasn't signing for quite a while now since A2 wasn't reserved for her. I have a case preordered and I have no desire to open it without a chance for a Stana autograph. If Molly Quinn doesn't sign then I will sell the case at a loss just to keep from having to open it. I thought sure she would sign again after signing for The Spirit. Having a limited number of Nathan Fillion autographs to hope to hit is not enough incentive to bust the boxes. I have 2 of his signed cards already. I just wanted a Stana autogrph that wasn't on a sticker.
January 22, 2013, 03:55 PM
H_Toser
By the way, here is the link:

Castle Gets A Release Date and Two Big Insert Cards

January 22, 2013, 04:08 PM
robomole
Since she signed for The Spirit, I've always wondered how Rittenhouse hasn't gotten Stana to sign for her small role in Quantum of Solace. Now that she isn't signing for Castle I wonder if she has changed her mind when it comes to trading cards.
January 22, 2013, 07:46 PM
H_Toser
Quick update....Cryptozoic has given us updated images so if you take another look at the story, you'll now see the Nathan Fillion card with his signature and the "redeemed" cast multi-swatch wardrobe card. Again, here is the link (same as before):

Castle Gets A Release Date and Two Big Insert Cards

January 22, 2013, 08:42 PM
alterna-tv
I was just looking at the autograph cards posted on the Cryptozoic Facebook page, and it looks like a two are missing (numbering-wise):

A1 Nathan Fillion
A2 Jon Huertas
A3 Seamus Dever
A4 Susan Sullivan
A5 Tamala Jones
A6 Ruben Santiago-Hudson
A7 ???
A8 Ayre Gross
A9 Scott Paulin
A10 ???
A11 Juliana Dever
A12 Monet Mazur

Or am I missing something?
January 22, 2013, 08:58 PM
VinnyH
Hopefully that may be Molly Quinn and someone decent from another early episode.
Best to All,
VinnyH

January 22, 2013, 11:50 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
quote:
Originally posted by Bacall1:
They have probably known she wasn't signing for quite a while now since A2 wasn't reserved for her. I have a case preordered and I have no desire to open it without a chance for a Stana autograph. If Molly Quinn doesn't sign then I will sell the case at a loss just to keep from having to open it. I thought sure she would sign again after signing for The Spirit. Having a limited number of Nathan Fillion autographs to hope to hit is not enough incentive to bust the boxes. I have 2 of his signed cards already. I just wanted a Stana autogrph that wasn't on a sticker.

I honestly don't think you'd have to sell and take a loss- Castle is still a top-rated program and the fact that most of the principal cast IS signing should be exciting to fans of the show. Other than Castle, you still have Ryan and Esposito, who are arguably the next two most important castmembers on the show- Lanie though not a character that appears in every episode is still well-loved, Castle's mom, Martha, played by veteran actress Susan Sullivan, who incidentally was the voice of Hippolyta on the Cartoon Network's Justice League and Ruben Santiago-Hudson's character who was a very important part to the series first three seasons. That is 6 autographs right there that would be good to get from this set and I for one am looking forward to at least a box or two of this one.

Val

January 23, 2013, 12:52 AM
CordeliaChase_Fan
Btw- No Quinn auto card but Cryptozoic has pics of two more autograph cards we hadn't previously seen:

Michael Trucco

-and-

Dana Delany

The Delany should be a GREAT pull since she has her own fan base going all the way back to China Beach.

Val

January 29, 2013, 10:32 AM
H_Toser
FYI -- We'll have another piece of Castle Seasons 1 & 2 Trading Cards news early this afternoon on the blog. Keep an eye out for it. Smile

January 29, 2013, 12:36 PM
H_Toser
Here is the link:

Last Piece of the Castle

January 29, 2013, 01:51 PM
Chuck Bartowski
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Here is the link:

Last Piece of the Castle

That takes the sting of no Katic out a little. Nice odds on pulling it as well.
January 29, 2013, 08:15 PM
Incarnadine
I gotta ask, will the label also be used for the auto/wardrobe cards? That would be one heck of a variant, judging by the size of the label maybe 6 cards.

-Goethe

Ad pulchritudinem tria requiruntur: integritas, consonantia, claritas.
(Three things are required for beauty: wholeness, harmony, radiance.)

January 29, 2013, 10:25 PM
CordeliaChase_Fan
I am kind of annoyed that a few people seem to think this set is a wash simply because Stana hasn't agreed to sign for this set(and to a lesser extent, Molly Quinn). There are a lot of good things about this set for a Castle fan as it stands already.

1. The autograph lineup- Fillion, Jon Huertas, Tamala Jones, Susan Sullivan, Seamus Dever, Ruben Santiago-Hudson- all main cast members at one point or another. Dana Delany- a prominent guest star who has a LONG acting career and is a real exciting signer for this set(and only appeared in a pair of episodes). Arye Gross, Scott Paulin and Juliana Dever are all recurring characters and Michael Trucco had a pretty important role during the early seasons as well. The only real "dud" is Monet Mazur who was only in a few episodes if I recall correctly.

2. This is a Seasons set- I know Cryptozoic has gotten all of the major cast members onboard for Vampire Diaries, The Guild, Fringe and The Big Bang Theory, but they didn't have everyone from The Walking Dead in the initial release. I am sure if this set does well enough we will see another release, hopefully with Stana Katic and Molly Quinn added to the autograph card roster. I mean think about it- The Buffy sets didn't have everyone all at once and neither did the Angel sets- at least with Angel we were able to get all 10 of the actors who appeared in the opening credits.

3. Costume cards- all the main characters are represented and we even have an autographed one from the main star.

I know everyone felt like a Stana autograph card was a shoo-in and are let down by her absence, but I also honestly think this set is going to end up being a really good one to invest in just by the strength of the autograph lineup alone.

Val

January 29, 2013, 10:33 PM
Chuck Bartowski
I won't call it a wash, but unfortunately a Castle set will never feel complete without Katic's and to a lesser extent Quinn's autograph. It's like with Buffy...you can't ever feel like you have a complete Buffy set because Buffy and to lesser extent Oz didn't sign.

It could be that they are saving Katic and Quinn for the next set, but CZE hasn't really been that kind of company which leads me to believe that Katic refused to sign, and probably won't be convinced to sign if there is another set. Not sure about Quinn, but I would guess she declined to sign as well.

quote:
Originally posted by CordeliaChase_Fan:
I am kind of annoyed that a few people seem to think this set is a wash simply because Stana hasn't agreed to sign for this set(and to a lesser extent, Molly Quinn). There are a lot of good things about this set for a Castle fan as it stands already.

1. The autograph lineup- Fillion, Jon Huertas, Tamala Jones, Susan Sullivan, Seamus Dever, Ruben Santiago-Hudson- all main cast members at one point or another. Dana Delany- a prominent guest star who has a LONG acting career and is a real exciting signer for this set(and only appeared in a pair of episodes). Arye Gross, Scott Paulin and Juliana Dever are all recurring characters and Michael Trucco had a pretty important role during the early seasons as well. The only real "dud" is Monet Mazur who was only in a few episodes if I recall correctly.

2. This is a Seasons set- I know Cryptozoic has gotten all of the major cast members onboard for Vampire Diaries, The Guild, Fringe and The Big Bang Theory, but they didn't have everyone from The Walking Dead in the initial release. I am sure if this set does well enough we will see another release, hopefully with Stana Katic and Molly Quinn added to the autograph card roster. I mean think about it- The Buffy sets didn't have everyone all at once and neither did the Angel sets- at least with Angel we were able to get all 10 of the actors who appeared in the opening credits.

3. Costume cards- all the main characters are represented and we even have an autographed one from the main star.

I know everyone felt like a Stana autograph card was a shoo-in and are let down by her absence, but I also honestly think this set is going to end up being a really good one to invest in just by the strength of the autograph lineup alone.

Val

January 29, 2013, 10:36 PM
Doc Floyd
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Here is the link:

Last Piece of the Castle

That's a pretty cool card, might have to buy a few boxes, and I have never even watched the show.