Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel NOW!
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Do the "Blanks" have different card backs to the official cards so that they can be identified?

From the press release, I'm reading that the blanks will be printed to look like blank sketch covers. So it appears they will be entirely different than the regular sketch cards.

Ed

The blank covers of the comic books usually have the name of the comic on the front of them. Maybe the blank sketch cards will mimic one of each of the Marvel NOW! blank comic book covers.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Do the "Blanks" have different card backs to the official cards so that they can be identified?

From the press release, I'm reading that the blanks will be printed to look like blank sketch covers. So it appears they will be entirely different than the regular sketch cards.

Ed

At least they can't be passed off as "official" sketch cards from the Set then - that is something. If they were the same backs as the sketch cards that would have been poor.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
As an artist cleared it up, the "Blank Cover variant Sketch Cards" will not be blank. They will have a drawing on them.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Interesting.

UD is very good at vague wording on their press releases.

But this makes more sense, seeing how Marvel is so protective of their licenses.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Just confirmed this info with an artist I know, who got 50/50 on the sketch versions.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Just confirmed this info with an artist I know, who got 50/50 on the sketch versions.

Finally the mystery is solved Smile

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post