Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Marvel NOW!
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
Any info on this one?

A friend just got sketch cards for it.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
No one knows or no one cares?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've never heard of it. . .

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
It was listed here. I wonder why it's gone now.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I know an artist received her cards recently. I haven't seen any solicitations for it though.

posted Hide Post
I know a few artists who decided not to bother and dropped out. but that's about it. for info.

Posts: 185 | Location: South Florida | Registered: April 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
From the newsletter going out tonight...

quote:
Marvel NOW! Trading Cards
Upper Deck
January 21

Marvel Now! is a set based on the current rebook of several characters in the Marvel Universe. These are very fresh and current and should appeal to new comic readers. Here’s what I know about the set:

100 Card Base Set (5 Per Pack)
100 Card Parallel Foil Set (1 Per Pack)
400 Printing Plates of the Base Cards
Multi-Signed Autograph Cards ( either this or a sketch per box)
Parallel Foil Autograph Cards
Sketch Cards (either this or an autograph per box)
Blank Cover Sketch Cards (to have sketched for you, or by you.)
Cutting Edge Insert (1 Per Pack)
Holo F/X 3D Character Cards
Then and Now! Chase Set
High Series (?? Chase set or High numbered base cards??)

7 Cards Per Pack / 24 Packs Per Box / 12 Boxes Per Case

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Thanks Ed.

Some of that sounds a little confusing and/or misleading.

I'm hoping to pre-order a box and/or mini-master set. Don't know where to look these days for Upper Deck products. Same thing with Thor Dark World.

posted Hide Post
I actually was looking for the same thing today Tattoox. I found one site that was doing Pre-Sales on them, not sure what we are allowed to post on here as far as sites selling boxes.

Posts: 10 | Location: Hagerstown, MD | Registered: June 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

quote:
Upper Deck
January 21

Marvel Now! is a set based on the current rebook of several characters in the Marvel Universe. These are very fresh and current and should appeal to new comic readers. Here’s what I know about the set:

Then and Now! Chase Set

I'm sorry, I think the thing that bothers me the most is the inserted blank sketch card. Are those people getting those blanks commissioned on also have to get those cards approved by Upper Deck and Marvel? If not, than that is not fair to the artists working on the set who have to adhere to those rules for approvals. Putting in blank sketch cards is pretty much an invitation and misconception that anyone can be part of a licenced set.

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony Perna:
quote:

quote:
Upper Deck
January 21

Then and Now! Chase Set

I'm sorry, I think the thing that bothers me the most is the inserted blank sketch card. Are those people getting those blanks commissioned on also have to get those cards approved by Upper Deck and Marvel? If not, than that is not fair to the artists working on the set who have to adhere to those rules for approvals. Putting in blank sketch cards is pretty much an invitation and misconception that anyone can be part of a licenced set.

I was thinking the same thing. Yet it isn't any different than artists and their reps selling their blank APs.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Upper Deck
January 21

Then and Now! Chase Set

I was thinking the same thing. Yet it isn't any different than artists and their reps selling their blank APs.

I'm not a fan of that either. It doesn't bother me if an artist sells their blank APs to another artist who worked on the same set as long as it was okay with the manufacturer.

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Upper Deck
January 21

Then and Now! Chase Set

I'm not a fan of that either. It doesn't bother me if an artist sells their blank APs to another artist who worked on the same set as long as it was okay with the manufacturer.

I've seen them on Ebay Tony, and not a commission blank type listing, but purchasing the blank card directly.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
Upper Deck
January 21

Then and Now! Chase Set

I see nothing but trouble from the blank sketch cards.

I can't wait for the first sex scene to show up on eBay and UD and Marvel basically have no recourse.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Heroes For Hire
posted Hide Post
Maybe those blanks are like 2010 Topps Baseball's "you sketch it" cards. Or maybe it could be another name for the "variant sketch card" like they used in Fleer Retro to do sketch cards of characters that aren't in the base card set.

Posts: 683 | Location: Long Beach, CA | Registered: October 15, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of goldenavenger
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Heroes For Hire:
Maybe those blanks are like 2010 Topps Baseball's "you sketch it" cards. Or maybe it could be another name for the "variant sketch card" like they used in Fleer Retro to do sketch cards of characters that aren't in the base card set.

The "you sketch it" was aimed at anyone could draw on the blank and send it in and maybe it could be in a future release. Of course that means it would be review, approved by all parties and produced with all the legal stuff. Plus it was baseball and it's less likely for a baseball card buyer/dealer to first think of drawing a Marvel character over a baseball player. The Fleer Retro had those blanks (not character specific) but were drawn on before putting them into the packs, so all those were official and approved. This "Marvel Now!" blank inserted sketch cards is different then those situations listed above.

http://www.comicartfans.com/Ga...etail.asp?GCat=25744

Posts: 1841 | Location: OH, USA | Registered: April 18, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Do the "Blanks" have different card backs to the official cards so that they can be identified?

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:
Upper Deck
January 21

Then and Now! Chase Set

I see nothing but trouble from the blank sketch cards.

I can't wait for the first sex scene to show up on eBay and UD and Marvel basically have no recourse.

Ed

That's why I can't wait to get my hands on one of these cards. I'll have to think a little harder about something that would look nice in my collection, yet piss off Marvel, Disney, and Upper Deck. Kinda like these sketch cards I had done this year.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Do the "Blanks" have different card backs to the official cards so that they can be identified?

From the press release, I'm reading that the blanks will be printed to look like blank sketch covers. So it appears they will be entirely different than the regular sketch cards.

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Yeah, but still sketch cards none the less.

I don't understand why the police cards so much, but not comics (to my knowledge).