Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Machete Premium Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Machete Premium Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
There are on the popular auction site from the manufacturer themselves.

As for the promos, I only have the one with Machete on it, and I don't know anything about the others.

The set does have a few F-words and some nudity. Looking at it, I can see why it may have been so costly when first offered for sale.

This set is no Topps "close Encounters (missing star of the movie Richard Dreyfuss!). This one has everybody from the movie. Jessica Alba, Michelle Rodriguez, Robert DeNiro, Jeff Fahey, cheech marin, Steven Seagal, Lohan, Don Johnson, and more. Even if the image rights were a cursory fee, they still would have added up, especially for a set with a print run of only 300.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
BTW, how hard are these autos to find now (Don Johnson, Rodriguez, etc) ?

I have the three unsigned autograph cards (Trejo, Johnson, Rodriguez), which, to my knowledge, none were signed. When I won them from "the auction site" I inquired as to how many were made, as that was the one and only time I've ever seen them. I never really got a straight answer, so I can't say for sure. And it's not like I've been consistently looking (especially since I've completed the master set), but up until that point I didn't even know those cards existed.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Who published this set? Are there any sets coming up for other Rodgiguez films, if so who is publishing, and do they need sketch artists?
Deborah Abbott

Posts: 10 | Location: USA | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Kryten67
posted Hide Post
this is all I could find

Gotta Thank Jeff Allender one of these days............

http://nslists.com/machete.htm

Posts: 692 | Location: Columbus, OH | Registered: April 14, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Geek Room is the publisher and as best as I can tell, they have no further plans for additional trading card series.

We published quite a lot on Geek Room on the NSU blog when Machette was being promoted at various Wizard World shows two years ago.

If you are interested in more, you might take a look at Alan Biegel's Non-Sport Spotlight: Keepin' Cool with Rick & Jeremy feature on the NSU blog.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you

Posts: 10 | Location: USA | Registered: January 05, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The price was down to $13/set last year and now you can get it for $9.90. They must be getting down to the last several sets by now.

It isn't clear if there's going to a third movie. "Machete Kills in Space" was just a trailer with no plans to actually make the movie but fans keep asking about it.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by catskilleagle:
It isn't clear if there's going to a third movie. "Machete Kills in Space" was just a trailer with no plans to actually make the movie but fans keep asking about it.

You can't make a "camp" movie out of a "camp" movie because that's too much "camp" tying too hard. Any more Machetes should go straight to DVD or straight to youtube or straight to wherever the From Dusk To Dawn series went. Big Grin

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The price was down to $13/set last year and now you can get it for $9.90. They must be getting down to the last several sets by now.

Who is "they" that are still selling these?

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I had assumed some individual unconnected to the company ended up with the remainder of the sets somehow but someone here thought that the seller may be the original manufacturer.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
quote:

Who is "they" that are still selling these?

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had assumed some individual unconnected to the company ended up with the remainder of the sets somehow but someone here thought that the seller may be the original manufacturer.
[/QUOTE]

Originally there was only supposed to be 300 Machete factory sets made. It debuted at the 2013 NYC Comic Con and was $250 with the Lohan autograph cards that were limited to 100 copies each. Later on the set was offered for $125 without her card.

Although there was talk of another autograph to cover the next 100 sets, I guess it didn't happen. There are unsigned autograph cards for Danny Trejo, Don Johnson and Michelle Rodriguez on Allender's checklist. So it seems like this was planned as a nice niche product, but maybe it got overestimated in price as a package deal. The Lohan autographs certainly sold.

Its hard to see how anybody still has sets remaining after 8 years and discounting more than 90% on a 300 card production run though.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Originally there was only supposed to be 300 Machete factory sets made. It debuted at the 2013 NYC Comic Con and was $250 with the Lohan autograph cards that were limited to 100 copies each. Later on the set was offered for $125 without her card.

Although there was talk of another autograph to cover the next 100 sets, I guess it didn't happen. There are unsigned autograph cards for Danny Trejo, Don Johnson and Michelle Rodriguez on Allender's checklist. So it seems like this was planned as a nice niche product, but maybe it got overestimated in price as a package deal. The Lohan autographs certainly sold.

Its hard to see how anybody still has sets remaining after 8 years and discounting more than 90% on a 300 card production run though.

I have to locate my cards, but I went pretty heavy on this set. I think I have 1 of everything. I picked up the Lohan autos for I think $60 each. I know I have the unsigned Trejo and Johnson, can't recall if I have the Rodriguez (probably).

I'm just curious where these are still being sold?

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They figured they could sell 300 sets at a crazy price to a cult following...but they were wrong. A couple of years later, you could get one for $35. They might have sold some sets at the crazy price but moved a lot more at $35. I get the feeling someone else ended up with what's left at some point and is content to unload the rest over time. I'm not sure even news of the third movie going into production would speed up sales. It remains a slow seller even at 10 bucks.

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The only place I see these being sold is eBay. The manufacturer website (geekroom.com) appears to have been wiped out.

The summer when Geek Room promos were insanely hot was pretty fun.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They came out with a number of exclusive convention promos one of them with nudity. I have some dupes of the regular ones from WIZARD WORLD PA. Yea, the price of the set when first offered was way too high. I still don't have it.

quote:
They figured they could sell 300 sets at a crazy price to a cult following...but they were wrong. A couple of years later, you could get one for $35. They might have sold some sets at the crazy price but moved a lot more at $35. I get the feeling someone else ended up with what's left at some point and is content to unload the rest over time. I'm not sure even news of the third movie going into production would speed up sales. It remains a slow seller even at 10 bucks.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

I can't believe they were unable to sell out even at $10 a set. I was going through some stuff and ran across one of these I didn't even remember I had. Too bad, it was cool to see a new company going after new and different licenses.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
They sold to the big fans and high-end card collectors early but they probably still had well over 200 sets by the time they lowered the price to $35. Most of the fans would have bought one by the time the price went down to $12.99 last year. After that, they are selling to just casual collectors and perhaps a few card collectors picking up an extra set. Not everyone who is a fan of the movie is going to buy a set of cards no matter how cheap it is. However, at $10, the seller might be surprised how well he does at a flea market.

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
quote:

I can't believe they were unable to sell out even at $10 a set. I was going through some stuff and ran across one of these I didn't even remember I had. Too bad, it was cool to see a new company going after new and different licenses.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: catskilleagle,

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
What is in these boxes besides the base set?
What insert cards are they talking about?
Why is the set I bought 'numbered' AP/300?
I bought another one today just to have one with a number on it, I don't plan on opening it.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I've just looked on ebay and i can't see any of these for sale.

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Ahh found it now. Price seems ok for the cards but as usual $20 to post it just kills the deal stone dead. Frown

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post