Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Machete Premium Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Machete Premium Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
Why is the set I bought 'numbered' AP/300?

It shouldn't be, 300 sets should be numbered 1 - 300 and that's it. AP typically stands for Artist Proof, which wouldn't seem to apply here, but AP/300 might signal another print run separate from the original run of 300 factory set. I'm not saying it does, just that stuff gets reprinted in different ways and numbering outside of the advertised sequence generally is an indication of something. You would have to ask the card maker for clarification.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You get a sticker with the base set. There were two Lindsay Lohan autograph cards. When you bought at the original price, you got one of the Lohan autographs. Once the price got slashed, any remaining autographs and unsigned cards were only sold separately.

As for the numbering, that remains a mystery. I recall you pointing out the number last year. It's possible that the #300 set is the artist proof but there may be a set #300 with a separate artist proof having the dual marking of "AP" and the number of sets. It will be interesting what number you get this time. Last year, they appeared to be heading to 300, and therefore the last of their sets, but it's possible they kept some low numbers for the final sales or they found some sets that had been misplaced.

quote:
Originally posted by cardaddict:
What is in these boxes besides the base set?
What insert cards are they talking about?
Why is the set I bought 'numbered' AP/300?
I bought another one today just to have one with a number on it, I don't plan on opening it.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the information!

swishhhh!!!

Ha! Missed me, Machete!

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my set direct from Sidekick at a NSU show, and while I can't recall if it's numbered AP/300, it definitely is not numbered 1-300. They probably held back a few sets.

I also don't recall the Lohan autos originally coming with the set, I just remember them being sold separately on the website for something like $150-$200. I ended up getting mine when they began dumping them on Ebay for, I think, $60 each.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I also don't recall the Lohan autos originally coming with the set, I just remember them being sold separately on the website for something like $150-$200. I ended up getting mine when they began dumping them on Ebay for, I think, $60 each.

I thought I paid around $60 too, but just checked my old emails and in 2015 they were listing for $39.99 and accepted an offer from me at $35. Should have bought more.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
The set I just ordered is numbered 063/300, also encased with impregnable shrinkwrap.

Picture enclosed for the heck of it.

Posts: 2502 | Location: USA | Registered: November 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Impregnable shrink wrap? Big Grin

Have you ever wondered how many sealed card sets could be sold to the right collectors with nothing in the boxes besides cut up index cards before someone would notice? I have, it's an idea if you can get out of town fast. Wink

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of cardaddict
posted Hide Post
I don't know why, but I hate taking stuff out of shrink wrap.
This includes record albums, books and trading card boxes.
I know it makes no sense, but, it is what it is!

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I just re-read an old post. The set was $125 and an autograph was an additional $125.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I got my set direct from Sidekick at a NSU show, and while I can't recall if it's numbered AP/300, it definitely is not numbered 1-300. They probably held back a few sets.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It appears the seller has sold the last remaining sets. They sold 223 set on Ebay with the last ones going for $9.90, the price they were getting last year. However, I've seen someone get $60 for a set already.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/27282...rksid=p2047675.l2557

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15509...rksid=p2047675.l2557

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Lindsay Lohan is acting again, so I wonder if her autographs will rise.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
I just checked my old records and I got my 3 sets from the original seller of them, Geekroom, on Ebay for $15 each, free shipping, back in June of 2015. I then asked how much for a Lohan autograph (Nun with a Gun version) and they added one on for $35, so I'm 80 bucks all in for what I have. There were some promos, too, most rare (I have only the easiest one, which is P4 Machete), as well as some pretty nifty designer toys that were made at the same time.

Posts: 3317 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've noticed over the past few years the promos other than P4 are almost never put up for sale. I think I saw one of the others about 2-3 years ago. I was lucky to pick up a P4 in a lot. Sellers want more for it now ($10-15).

quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
I just checked my old records and I got my 3 sets from the original seller of them, Geekroom, on Ebay for $15 each, free shipping, back in June of 2015. I then asked how much for a Lohan autograph (Nun with a Gun version) and they added one on for $35, so I'm 80 bucks all in for what I have. There were some promos, too, most rare (I have only the easiest one, which is P4 Machete), as well as some pretty nifty designer toys that were made at the same time.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
A P1 promo (motorcycle version) sold on ebay in Sept for $ 25.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here's the P1 (motorcycle variant).

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This link, halfway down, has images of the two different P1 promos, the two P2s (one censored), P3 and P4.

It does now show the second P3.

http://packwar.blogspot.com/2015/01/

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the link. I was able to find an image of the front of the super-rare P1 variant with Lindsey Lohan but not the back. I haven't seen a couple of those other cards in a few years.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
This link, halfway down, has images of the two different P1 promos, the two P2s (one censored), P3 and P4.

It does now show the second P3.

http://packwar.blogspot.com/2015/01/

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The front and the back of the Lohan P1 promo are in the link.

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The second version of the P3 promo can be seen here

http://www.nsu-magazine.com/ex...d-chicago-comic-con/

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, all those cards in the link open to a nice size too.

quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
The front and the back of the Lohan P1 promo are in the link.