Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Machete Premium Trading Cards
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Machete Premium Trading Cards
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

GeekRoom is releasing the Machete Premium Trading Cards series this weekend at New York Comic Con. Promo collectors will surely know about this release as GeekRoom has released promo cards at three Wizard World Comic Cons and the Philly Non-Sports Card Show. Now the factory set is out. Details on the blog:

Machete Comes To Con!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've been really excited about this set, collecting all the promos up to this point. But that price point just destroys it for me.

I guess my only hope is for people to buy them and sell the base sets separate from the autgraphs. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
Yowza! Another set I am priced out of.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yeah, bummer. . . The Lohan auto is really nice, but her autographs are readily available in Pop Century for under $100. . . I can see a premium price point on this product, but $250 is too much for me.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
yeah, I would love to get this set, but it's about $200 too much for me. The slabbed card is also a definite turn off, too.

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I agree, I hate slabbed cards, and the price point is way to high.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I asked them on Facebook about it and they said they will have sets without the autograph available for $125.

I honestly don't mind the autograph, but like others said, the fact that it's slabbed stinks because it won't go in a binder with the rest of the set.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I just was going to post that. As Ted says (and I just found this out now so it's not in the story yet), sets will be available without an autograph for $125.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Not sure I would want a slabbed auto.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I asked them on Facebook about it and they said they will have sets without the autograph available for $125.

I honestly don't mind the autograph, but like others said, the fact that it's slabbed stinks because it won't go in a binder with the rest of the set.

So is the release not actually limited to 300 sets as the blog states, or can you buy the autographs individually too?

Either way $125 is outrageous for a base set.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ted, I don't know if you and others heard, but there was an unannounced Romper Zombie P4 promo at the Chicago show (in addition to the P3) One showed up on ebay last week

Anyone know where I can find one ? That is the only Machete / Steam Wars / Zombie promo that I can't find !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of DewMan
posted Hide Post
She must have had a few between signing the first and second card. That auto gets a little sloppy! Smile

Posts: 712 | Location: Western US | Registered: August 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Doc Floyd
posted Hide Post
I kinda like the graded cards, but they can keep the sets at those prices.

Posts: 147 | Location: NC | Registered: October 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:

So is the release not actually limited to 300 sets as the blog states, or can you buy the autographs individually too?

Either way $125 is outrageous for a base set.

I wonder this as well. The article said there will be 100 of the 300 sets that will include a different autograph, but perhaps they're nixing that idea to just sell those 100 sets as-is? Otherwise, producing additional sets does nothing for the value.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Way way too high so not for me...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I'm told there will be 300 sets in total regardless of whether the set comes with the Autograph card. All sets are individually numbered.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
so it would appear that 200 sets include the Lohan auto and the other 100 come either with an unannouced auto or as a "cheaper" set only

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I really planned on buying this set but the price is as outrageous as the prices people at this show are charging for signatures.

Guess like everyone else I will have to wait until the price drops to a more affordable level.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
The quality of those sample base cards, and even the autograph cards themselves, look like they could have been done on a home computer. Granted Machete is supposed to be cheesey, so the cards go along with theme, but if they want $125 just for the base set they should put out a better looking product than that.

As for the Lohan autographs, unless I'm reading the article wrong again Big Grin, it doesn't say you can buy one separately, just the set with or without. I think there may be people still willing to pick up the autograph at $125, but if its $250 or nothing I don't see it.

Its too bad they overpriced this because there is enough interest to sell it out just for the fun of it, especially at a big show.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
The quality of those sample base cards, and even the autograph cards themselves, look like they could have been done on a home computer. Granted Machete is supposed to be cheesey, so the cards go along with theme, but if they want $125 just for the base set they should put out a better looking product than that.

The feel of the set is perfect for the feel of the movie. If I remember correctly, didn't Sidekick print these? They do an awesome job recapturing the classic look and feel of older cards.