Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Gerry Anderson
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Gerry Anderson
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Someone told me that the Gerry Anderson preview set by Unstoppable is out. Anyone see one ? I just have the 1 promo, from 2013 or early 2014

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
I have not - but wondering what, if anything, Unstoppable is doing with this license?

For some reason, the GA license doesn't go too far. Cards, Inc had it and released some sets, but that was about it...too bad as I would assume there's some interest in his many series.

I wonder, though, if GA is like Irwin Allen - his shows are popular but the card sets never seem to get off the ground (in both cases).

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is nothing on Unstoppable's website but I believe that case buyers of The Wicker Man and the upcoming Doctor Who release were/are getting preview sets as part of the case topper package.

Certainly there are quite a few on Ebay.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I picked up the preview set in an auction more than a month ago. It was the same time I got my Wicker Man set so Triple-Frog's report on the case incentive might be the main way they got out. There's several auctions live now -- the My Favorite Martian preview set too.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
An Anderson preview set came with my box of Wicker Man, as well

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is rumour of several Anderson sets coming this year. First up is the Lost Worlds as indicated by the preview set.
Possibly a set for the new Thunderbirds are Go series too.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
The ad in the newest NSU Magazine, pg 20, had pictures of numerous Gerry Anderson sets such as Stingray; Thunderbirds and Captain Scarlett. I would be stoked for these three sets as my whole family loves them.

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The guy behind the graphics for Unstoppable was on one of the Anderson page and said early plans were for seperate sets for Stingray, Thunderbirds, Captain Scarlet, UFO and Space 1999.

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Any sightings yet? The NSU Upcoming Releases list (updated May, 2015) has a Space:1999 Preview Set listed for a May release...

The Unstoppable web site has no listing for any of the Anderson properties.

Posts: 802 | Location: MA | Registered: March 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The other sets are great but a new Space: 1999 set, especially if Unstoppable can get autos from the main cast Metal sign me up.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I feel as though I am in a time warp with all these Gerry Anderson preview sets being announced, it's Cards inc all over again.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
I feel as though I am in a time warp with all these Gerry Anderson preview sets being announced, it's Cards inc all over again.

I'm not sure what more can be done with Thunderbirds & Capt Scarlet (also UFO) but I will be interested to see if these come out.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Would really like to see that Space 1999 release. Dance

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has Unstoppable released any new promos or preview sets for anything since Man Who Fell to earth in March ?

I thought there was supposed to be new promos or previews in May or June, but I have not seen anything

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Their website says new release details will be on 7th July. Pretty sure no new promos or preview sets come out since March.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Their website says that new stuff will be announced July 17

I just saw a Wicker Man MP1 promo by Mitchy that I never knew existed...

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of anthonyd
posted Hide Post
Update - Unstoppable.com has been updated with info on 3 sets (Thunderbirds, 1999, Captain Scarlet) being released this fall/winter.

Anyone carrying these or should I just order directly?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Interested to see what they will came up for the autograph cards for Space 1999.

This is a dream come true.

I have created some Space 1999 mock-up awhile ago. Wish I would have been part to create the set Frown

Space 1999

This message has been edited. Last edited by: archifou,

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone seen promos for any of these sets yet

The last promos I saw were for Man Who Fell to Earth, in March

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Has anyone seen promos for any of these sets yet

The last promos I saw were for Man Who Fell to Earth, in March

As far as i know no promos have been released so far.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post