Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
Thor 2
 Login/Join
 
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted
So what's the story with this one?
When is the release date?

I don't see it on the "Upcoming Releases" page.
I know UD has made some changes within.
I'm pretty sure I've seen some sketch cards for it.
Oh yeah, I read an article while at the dentist yesterday in NSU about it.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
No one knows or no one cares?

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of fuchaldream
posted Hide Post
I had not heard about a set, but I would care as long as anyone other than UD made it. They are terrible about autographs. It seems impossible to pull an autograph at all, let alone one you might actually want...

Really enjoyed the first Thor. I am sure this one will be fun as well.
 
Posts: 275 | Location: Indiana | Registered: January 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fuchaldream:
I had not heard about a set, but I would care as long as anyone other than UD made it. They are terrible about autographs. It seems impossible to pull an autograph at all, let alone one you might actually want....


That's the UD formula, a small handful of signers seeded in at long odds. The guaranteed hit is a costume card and maybe some manufactured patch.

The first Thor set had a couple of good things going for it. The movie was more successful than expected and both Chris (Thor)and Tim (Loki) did sign, be it limited.

It would have been even better if UD had gotten all signers into the set, instead of putting 3 Thor autograph cards in Avengers Assemble, even though those characters weren't in the Avengers movie. Yeah, I know they were supposed to be late, but the AA autograph list would have been something like 4 cards without the Thor and Captain America additions that didn't belong. Wink

Anyway, this set could be made quite well, but I fear we will just be looking at another Ironman 2.
 
Posts: 8873 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
It was listed here. I wonder why it's gone now.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Well its not called Thor 2. I think you are refering to UD's Thor: The Dark World, which was listed as an October release. It was supposed to be out before the movie's November 8th opening.

According to the article each hobby box will have any one of the following: actor autograph, sketch card or on-card comic book creator autograph. Its original art cards, randomly inserted movie memorabilia cards and an acrylic variant set.

So make of that what you will. I haven't seen it either.
 
Posts: 8873 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
Not sure if list is complete, but autograph signers include:

Chris Hemsworth (Thor)
Zachary Levi (Fandral)
Jamie Alexander (Sif)
Kat Dennings (Darcy Lewis)
Ray Stevenson (Volstagg)

____________________
Ryan Cracknell
http://www.tradercracks.com

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
 
Posts: 1150 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Well its not called Thor 2. I think you are refering to UD's Thor: The Dark World, which was listed as an October release. It was supposed to be out before the movie's November 8th opening.

According to the article each hobby box will have any one of the following: actor autograph, sketch card or on-card comic book creator autograph. Its original art cards, randomly inserted movie memorabilia cards and an acrylic variant set.

So make of that what you will. I haven't seen it either.


Thor 2, the second Thor, Thor: The Dark World, whatever.

Yeah, I said I read the article. Still doesn't give me a release date. And again, kinda odd the NSU will remove upcoming UD releases from their list.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
On the CZE distributor site, they only say November.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
Picture of RAMolinelli
posted Hide Post
I did 15 cards for this set.
 
Posts: 472 | Location: Outer Space | Registered: December 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
I asked me LHS when they would be getting this the other day and they never got a solicitation for it. I don't know if its because the release date isn't firm or because their distributor isn't handling it at all. But they did preorder BBT, which is also CZE, although the exact allotment isn't known yet.

In other words, I still know nothing. Big Grin
 
Posts: 8873 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I asked me LHS when they would be getting this the other day and they never got a solicitation for it. I don't know if its because the release date isn't firm or because their distributor isn't handling it at all. But they did preorder BBT, which is also CZE, although the exact allotment isn't known yet.

In other words, I still know nothing. Big Grin


Thor is Upper Deck. Here's the date I found for it: 12/10/2013 Looks like it was pushed back a couple of months.

____________________
 
Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
I asked me LHS when they would be getting this the other day and they never got a solicitation for it. I don't know if its because the release date isn't firm or because their distributor isn't handling it at all. But they did preorder BBT, which is also CZE, although the exact allotment isn't known yet.

In other words, I still know nothing. Big Grin


Thor is Upper Deck. Here's the date I found for it: 12/10/2013 Looks like it was pushed back a couple of months.


Slip of the tongue, I know UD has Marvel, but I guess that explains it. I think my LHS buys through Diamond and I don't know if Diamond is in UD's distribution chain. Probably not if no order came through.

Anyway I'm at a lost to understand how making it harder for collectors to find cards is good business.
 
Posts: 8873 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
Is the set out? Confused

I don't find anything beside some sketch AP on the bay and a few card base design on Upper Deck website.
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:
Is the set out? Confused

I don't find anything beside some sketch AP on the bay and a few card base design on Upper Deck website.


Last date I saw was tomorrow. I think last week's storms messed things up for some reason. A hockey set was supposed to be out today too. That's definitely out tomorrow.

____________________
Ryan Cracknell
http://www.tradercracks.com

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
 
Posts: 1150 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Last date I saw was tomorrow. I think last week's storms messed things up for some reason. A hockey set was supposed to be out today too. That's definitely out tomorrow.


Thanks Ryan for the update!
 
Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Ryan Cracknell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by archifou:


Thanks Ryan for the update!


I just hope I'm right because things seem awfully quiet on the Thor front.

____________________
Ryan Cracknell
http://www.tradercracks.com

Find me on:
Twitter
Facebook
 
Posts: 1150 | Location: Nanaimo, BC | Registered: November 17, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Was supposed to ship to dealers early this week. As of Wednesday afternoon, my supplier had not received theirs yet. So I'm looking at least at Monday...

But the release date is 12/12. But not everyone has the cards to release.

Ed

____________________
www.nonsportcardshows.com Home of the Chicago Non-Sport Card Show

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

 
Posts: 4846 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
I am curious about this release. I will see what the box breaks look like.
 
Posts: 5730 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
NOT mine. Case closed for me, I will be buying some boxes and hoping to hit that card.




Odds from the box:
Memorabilia Cards 1:12, Sketch Cards and Autograph Cards combine for 1:24, Aether Variant Cards 1:12
 
Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013