Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Unstoppable News
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unstoppable News
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Found out from Unstoppable that if you now want to order a binder from them and have it shipped to the USA, shipping costs from the UK have suddenly gone way up

Thus, it is possible to ship, but it sounds like it's now extremely expensive to do so

I found this out when I ordered the Captain Scarlet binder, and my money was refunded

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Shipping to the UK from the US has been insane for a while now, guess Royal Mail decided to repay the favor Shake Head

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monkeyafterdark
posted Hide Post
Yup, higher shipping costs and increased chance of having to pay taxes are definitely two reasons, why I've been buying less from the US. Which is why I was glad to see the releases of Unstoppable, as I live in Europe myself.

Posts: 154 | Location: Belgium | Registered: September 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went for the box/binder deal on Capt Scarlet, and apparently it was later determined that the original offer, in terms of shipping and handling, didn't cover it all !

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The postage is pretty expensive WITHIN the UK, let alone posting abroad!

Posts: 288 | Location: Behind the sofa! | Registered: April 25, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Postage within the UK is very reasonable unless you want something bulky to be trackable. More or less everything else is OK and people are just too precious over it.

International is indeed outrageous, mostly because they skip size/weight categories. There's letter, and parcel, nothing in between. Domestically there's like five levels in there.

Posts: 794 | Location: England | Registered: August 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ravenheart:
Postage within the UK is very reasonable unless you want something bulky to be trackable. More or less everything else is OK and people are just too precious over it.

International is indeed outrageous, mostly because they skip size/weight categories. There's letter, and parcel, nothing in between. Domestically there's like five levels in there.
Actually, the Royal Mail have introduced a step in-between Letter and Parcel for international post, i.e. Large Letter. This is now the same as the UK options which are also Letter, Large Letter and Parcel. Both UK and overseas have a couple of parcel size options, so they are pretty much in-line.

The one thing they changed a while back that has made a huge difference to shipping costs is the amount of insurance cover offered as standard at the various levels. For international post, even basic Airmail gave £50 of cover but that was dropped to just £20. They did the same to standard UK post. For £20-£50 value/cover in the UK you now have to use Signed For Delivery and over £50 you should opt for Special Delivery. For International, there is a huge price increase to cover £20-50 items. The Tracked and Signed For options there are three to four times more expensive. With an additional premium to pay for items worth more than £50. They also lowered the maximum cover to £250.

It's all got a bit complicated and expensive with more to come since it got privatised Frown

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post