Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  News & Rumors    Quotable Star Trek Voyager
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Quotable Star Trek Voyager
 Login/Join

posted
I was just searching the net and found this on jklm.net. I was wondering how accurate the info is. If it is accurate I'm really disappointed and a little pi***d off.

Release Date: September 26, 2012

3 Autograph Cards Per Box!

Signers include the entire starring cast -- Kate Mulgrew (Janeway), Jeri Ryan (Seven of Nine), Robert Picardo (The Doctor), Roxann Dawson (Torres), Robert Duncan McNeill (Paris), Robert Beltran (Chakotay), Ethan Phillips (Neelix), Tim Russ (Tuvok), Garrett Wang (Kim), Jennifer Lien (Kes)!

Plus guest stars John Rhys Davies (Leonardo Da Vinci), Virginia Madsen (Kellin), Susannah Thompson (Borg Queen), Kristanna Loken (Malia), Michael McKean (The Clown), Sharon Lawrence (Amelia Earhardt), Kevin Tighe (Henry Janeway), Zach Galligan (Gentry), Ed Begley, Jr. (Henry Starling), Donny Most (Kadan), Scarlett Pomers (Naomi Wildman), John DeLancie (Q), Andy Dick (EMH II), Martha Hackett (Seska), Suzie Plakson (Female Q) and more!

72-Card Base Set featuring 144 of the most memorable Voyager quotes, plus the following bonus card sets:
• 9 Best of the Holodeck Cards (1:12 packs)
• 9 U.S.S. Voyager ship Cards (1:12 packs)
• 9 Starfleet's Finest Cards (1:24 packs)
• 10 Star Trek Voyager Communicator Pin Cards (each sequentially numbered to 250) (1:96 packs)(3 per case)

Case Topper:
Captain Janeway (Kate Mulgrew) Costume Relic Card

3-Case Incentive:
Delta Flyer (Outer Hull) Relic Card

6-Case Incentive:
Kate Mulgrew (Captain Janeway) Autograph/Relic Card
Voyager auto list! (Due Sept 26!)
Kate Mulgrew Captain Janeway
Jeri Ryan Seven of Nine
Tim Russ Tuvok
Roxann Dawson B'Elanna Torres
Robert Picardo The Doctor
Robert Duncan McNeill Tom Paris
Robert Beltran Chakotay
Ethan Phillips Neelix
Garrett Wang Harry Kim
Jennifer Lien Kes
Andy Milder NAR
John Aniston Quarren Ambassador
Susanna Thompson Borg Queen
Richard Herd Admiral Paris
Don Most Kadan
Susan Diol Danara Pel
John DeLancie Q
Leslie Jordan Kol
Zach Galligan Ensign David Gentry
Alicia Coppola Lt. Stadi
Scarlett Pomers Naomi Wildman
Karen Austin Miral
Ed Begley, Jr. Henry Starling
Kristanna Loken Malia
Andy Dick EMH Mark II
Martha Hackett Seska
Suzie Plakson Female Q
Manu Intiraymi Icheb
Anthony DeLongis First Maje Culluh
John Savage Captain Rudy Ransom
Estelle Harris Old Woman
Harry Groener The Magistrate
John Rhys-Davies Leonardo da Vinci
Martin Rayner Dr. Chaotica
Virgina Madsen Kellin
Kathleen Garrett Tanis
Sharon Lawrence Amelia Earhardt
Michael McKean The Clown
Eric Pierpoint Kortar
Kevin Tighe Henry Janeway
Gregory Itzin Dr. Dysek
Josh Clark Lt. Joe Carey
Leigh McCloskey Tieran
Aron Eisenberg Kar
McKenzie Westmore Ensign Jenkins
Mark Harelik Kashyk
Robin Sachs General Valen

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Why Disappointed?

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Anxsiously waiting to hear how you can be dissapointed with that lot. Confused

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm disappointed as yet again Rittenhouse wants maximum profit for as little effort and money spent as possible. They expect they can churn out any old Star Trek product and the fans will buy it. Well I'm sick of it. They need to pull their finger out and start releasing Star Trek boxes with more than one gimmick or incentive at a time instead of trying to string out the gravy train.

Complete TNG was a joke. A couple of communicator pin cards and Grammer, Judd autos. Was that actually supposed to impress people? It was a really lackluster and lazy effort.

This Voyager release is no better either. I'm more angry than disappointed at this Voyager release as it's my favourite Trek series and I hoped they would have taken more time and effort to release a set worth buying. For me it's the fourth Trek release in a row that is just lame. No interesting or great standouts just the same old. Same actors signing, same chase inserts, same box set-up, same love for the dealers and apathy for the regular consumer.

I really wanted some costume cards. I would have purchased cases if they had given us a set like the latter Trek quotables. I don't buy boxes/cases for autos, in fact many end up in the bin with the base cards. It just annoys me that they could have catered to the collectors that collect costume cards instead of driving away another potential avenue of revenue. It is especially frustrating as at the beginning of the year Rittenhouse had the opportunity to purchase a whole cluster of Voyager costumes.

Rittenhouse could have done so much for this release; sketches, costume cards, Shadowbox cards, more than one signed costume card. Instead they deliver a bunch of repeat signers, no name signers that no one really cares about and the second release in a year with Susan Diol signing.

I really hope this release info is wrong or very preliminary, but somehow I don't think it is.

Rittenhouse it seems is just on auto-pilot whilst the industry slowly shrinks and the company ends up like Inkworks.

Posts: 39 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Thank you for that, would love to hear the Rittenhouse responce to that lot.

All the entire cast has signed and they are all in the boxes plus guest stars.

I'm not sure how they could improve on that.

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well I guess this just proves the old saying "you can't please all of the people all of the time".

I think the "auto pilot" comment is a bit harsh though with the various new shows they are doing sets for.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
Maybe costumes from a show that ended 11 years ago aren't that easy to come by. I don't see Steve at a desk petting Mr. Bigglesworth saying "I have this closet of Voyager relics... that I'm keeping for myself muahahahaha!"

This auto list looks like the most comprehensive for a show that I've seen. It's hard not to be impressed. Well done Rittenhouse! Smile

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Robomole if you're actually going to respond it helps to read the post. At the beginning of the year, Voyager costumes came up for auction (Janeway, Chakotay, Neelix, Belanna and the Doctor I think) so actually it's really easy to get costumes from a show that finished eleven years ago especially as the auction was posted at the Rittenhouse forum.If they can get costumes from a 60's show, then Voyager is a walk in the park.

Robomole check out complete TNG and Thrones. Huge auto list there as well. Like I said before same old, same old.

Triple-Frog I'm easily pleased, just not someone that wants a whole bunch of junk autos that probably won't even get $5 in the bargain bin.
Be honest here Triple-frog do you really want deLancie's fifth Trek auto or someone playing an old woman? Scraping the barrel there.

Triple it isn't a harsh comment at all, especially if you read my criticisms. Rittenhouse is obviously clutching at straws at their releases and it's showing. They've virtually milked Trek and Bond dry, they have new licenses with little to no mass commercial appeal (Thrones, Falling Skies, Spartacus) or licenses with mass commercial appeal that they or anyone else has no faith in (NCIS). Not to mention still beating a dead horse with Stargate.

They might still turn up for shows but it seems they have lost their passion and ingenuity. Their website isn't as updated as frequently, their promotion on sets is severely lacking and they only produced an NCIS checklist less than two weeks before release. Shambles.

Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cobalt_Blue:
Robomole if you're actually going to respond it helps to read the post. At the beginning of the year, Voyager costumes came up for auction (Janeway, Chakotay, Neelix, Belanna and the Doctor I think) so actually it's really easy to get costumes from a show that finished eleven years ago especially as the auction was posted at the Rittenhouse forum.If they can get costumes from a 60's show, then Voyager is a walk in the park.

Robomole check out complete TNG and Thrones. Huge auto list there as well. Like I said before same old, same old.

All I was trying to say is that there isn't a bottomless pit of costumes that they just aren't using. Maybe Rittenhouse didn't make it to the auction or the prices got too high. Maybe there weren't enough relics to fuel an entire set. Who knows. Also, if Rittenhouse tried right now to get more costumes from the 60's, do you think they could with ease at a low cost? Like I said, it isn't a bottomless pit.

In any case, the auto lineup is stellar, and if an epic comprehensive auto list like this is considered same old, same old, then sign me up because I like it! Just because a set doesn't cater to your exact needs, doesn't make it a total waste. If you think Trek is milked dry, then move on. If you aren't having fun with these sets, then find a set that does interest you.

Also, I think Rittenhouse updates their site better than any other card manufacturer out there. Steve is even on hand to answer questions sometimes as well. Putting together a trading card set is tough work, and sometimes cards you think you can get, don't pan out in time. So do you want a checklist that gets changed thus disappointing people, or one complete correct list the first time? Rittenhouse is awesome, far from Shambles I think.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

Triple it isn't a harsh comment at all, especially if you read my criticisms. Rittenhouse is obviously clutching at straws at their releases and it's showing. They've virtually milked Trek and Bond dry, they have new licenses with little to no mass commercial appeal (Thrones, Falling Skies, Spartacus) or licenses with mass commercial appeal that they or anyone else has no faith in (NCIS). Not to mention still beating a dead horse with Stargate.

I hope you're not serious about Game of Thrones. It has massive commercial appeal. Heck the Rittenhouse guy said that they had requests for more than 2000 boxes after it sold out. I would also say that True Blood was a big score.

NCIS would have more appeal if they got more of the bigger names to sign. Sure they got a couple of the bigger names, but it doesn't seem to me that got enough to support a regular release. I would also argue that another massively successful show called JAG (which spun off NCIS) wasn't a great success as a card release, and they did have most of the big names, and 5 autos per box! You can still get boxes of JAG for under $50 a box.

Posts: 860 | Location: Alaska | Registered: May 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Stargaterules
posted Hide Post
I don't think they could have done any better if they tried . That autograph list is impresive . Rittenhouse is still the leader of non sports cards period and i don't understand the hate they are getting lately . With all the other sets coming out this year i may have to wait on this one , but still i must say it looks great .

Posts: 91 | Location: Florida | Registered: December 16, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
Robomole you have to spend money to make money. Especially when Rittenhouse gets more than one release out of their costumes. Rittenhouse has also produced sets for Voyager and Farscape in the past with only two costumes. They may not have been in every box but at least they bothered.

Robo Trek for the most part is milked dry. When you start releasing autos of extras and low key guest stars it's only downhill from there unless you offer something different. Offering more crappy autos for niche consumers like completists is where you'll go bust.

Their website a couple of weeks ago hadn't been updated in their release section in nearly a month. It looks really unprofessional.

Chuck not at all. Thrones is niche fantasy. Big Bang Theory is mass commercial appeal. It doesn't matter what the guy at Rittenhouse said, if it did then Thrones boxes would be skyrocketing in price. They're not. I think demand was over-hyped. Check out the secondary market.

I agree, True blood was a good score, but I don't think it will do as well as Rittenhouse expects or wants. Sure it will sell out there but won't go Walking Dead level on the secondary market. Also it doesn't really have many seasons left and is no longer the new kid on the block.

To be honest, even if NCIS had all main cast sign I still don't think it would have sold as much. Whilst it does have mass appeal, the shows demographics also skews quite old. It's also a show that sort of seems out of place in non-sports cards, like CSI.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

To be fair, there have been a tremendous amount of Voyager costume cards through many of RA's releases. The Complete Voyager set had three (Chakotay, Seven, and Belanna), the 40th Anniversary Set had several (including Kes, Neelix, and a couple of Seven ones), as did the Women of Trek set (several Janeway, Seven, and Kes ones). Perhaps RA used all of their costumes on that?

I think the auto lineup is pretty stacked, but you might have a small point on the chase. It does sound like they just copied what they did for Complete TNG, which had nice chase but ultimately were a bit "blah". Considering that the main draw will be autos, I'm ok with some blah for the chase to get the entire crew to autograph on the same type of card design, but maybe that's just me.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There have been a nice amount of Voyager costume cards but tremendous no. Quotable DS9 was tremendous.

At first glance the auto list is stacked but so many of them played small bit parts for a couple of minutes. I also doubt that the entire Voyager crew will get quotable designs. What memorable thing did Chakotay or Harry say? "Akoochimoya" and "Shields 60 per cent", hardly the type of quote or auto that will sell boxes.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Chakotay said: "I'm not in the habit of killing children."

Harry Kim said: "I'm violating about half a dozen regulations by just being in this room. And what we did earlier... I don't know if Starfleet even has a regulation for that."

Yes, I think I agree about Chakotay, but Harry had some moments of comic relief.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
There have been a nice amount of Voyager costume cards but tremendous no. Quotable DS9 was tremendous.

Sorry, but it really is tremendous, even by your own standards- there were 21 costumes in QDS9 and there have been 22 Voyager costumes overall. Please check your facts before making snap judgements.

I understand that you are unhappy about there not being costumes for this release, but perhaps there simply are no more costumes left or that the costumes are being held for another release. I'm pretty happy with the composition, but then again I like autos over costumes. I especially like the Quotable design, and have no reason to think that they can't come up with at least one quote for each of the main characters- after all the DS9 release had quotes from Odo and Dax, and they don't really have a lot of big quotes. I think this will be like Quotable TNG where the main characters will be Quotable design and the rest be in the regular design (I hope the Complete Voyager carries over personally). If not, then I'll be fine with the main cast with a regular design.

Ultimately, if this is the only Voyager release I get, then I'm happy to have even the bit players, especially at 3 hits per box. As a Voyager fan, I'm happy to get whatever is possible and I think that this release will be especially loaded.

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The only thing I don't like are the communicator Pins as they are (like some of the patches) just a manufactured card that resembles something that was in the show - like the look of everything else.

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Riddler nice try there, but your analogy is completely flawed. So you're actually going to compare 8 years worth of Voyager costume cards against one release of DS9? That is really poor, but thanks for making my point for me.

Most people prefer autos, but I'm surprised so many people are content to purchase lots of nobodies that had no impact or lasting memory on Voyager. Not to mention the glut of re-signers.

This probably will be the final Voyager release and what a terribly disappointing release to end on.

Yeah the release will be especially loaded Riddler, 3 hits is so much better than 4 hits, Complete TNG, and look how well that sold. Bargain bin specials.

Allender you're right about the last Harry quote, it's a good one.

Anyway I've said my piece, I won't be buying cases and I look forward to seeing how bad it sells on the secondary market especially as Voyager is a harder sell than TNG and TOS. Hopefully Rittenhouse will pull their finger out instead of coasting and relying on just the Star Trek brand to sell products in future. I feel sorry for the dealers though considering most of those cards will sell very cheaply.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Riddler nice try there, but your analogy is completely flawed.

To be fair, it was your analogy Wink

posted Hide Post
No I was praising DS9 quotable for the amount of costume cards for just one release. I was not comparing how many Trek costumes were released per series. It's all right I'm sure you'll comprehend eventually. Wink